Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
DSV Rocks! Hot New Hydro Carbon to Match IOM!!

SO I talked to Gerardo at DSV customs because I wanted to do quite a few pieces in Hydro Carbon to match the IOM Interior. He sent me a sample piece so I just held it up to different ares on the car where I am thinking of getting this process done.

SO what do you think?? The color is a perfect match and is actually more subdued than the bright orange door panels and dash top molding......me likey.....Tommy want wingy!!

I held it up next to area's I want to introduce the look to and also so you can see how it matches the existing pieces and how it looks against the Silver!

Here is what I am thinking of getting in this process:

Tail Light Bezels, Bowties, Both Grills, Fog Light Bezels, Door Panels and dash top pieces, Stick and 4-pack gauge surround, steering wheel pieces, Gauge cluster piece. Also plan on getting an E-Brake Boot cover eventually.

Ok Gerardo, this is a green light!! Let's do it!
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
you and i must be very similar because we apparently think the same things about modifying our car i just talked to him this week about blue hydro carbon for my IBM camaro, but yea that stuff looks hot
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
you and i must be very similar because we apparently think the same things about modifying our car i just talked to him this week about blue hydro carbon for my IBM camaro, but yea that stuff looks hot

I guess great minds think alike. DSV is a high quality vendor man, top notch goods. I personally cannot wait to spice my baby up over the winter and pull it out looking Bad in the Spring!

IBM Hydro is cool, I am looking forward to seeing that. The reason I got a Silver Camaro is so I can spice it up with something exactly like this. The Silver shows the lines nice, but this will jazz it up and make it unique!

Good luck with your project, my friend!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Good luck with your project, my friend!
and with yours i'm interested to see how some of the stuff you want like the e brake comes out

i'm just planning on doing my steering wheel and dash gauges for the moment and then focusing on performance upgrades for while since i'm finally seeing some good v6 stuff but yea dude we'll have to compare hydro carbon when where done its gonna be great
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
and with yours i'm interested to see how some of the stuff you want like the e brake comes out

i'm just planning on doing my steering wheel and dash gauges for the moment and then focusing on performance upgrades for while since i'm finally seeing some good v6 stuff but yea dude we'll have to compare hydro carbon when where done its gonna be great
The E-Brake Boot cover will be Black Leather with Orange Stitching, as is the 6 speed!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
Capstone

Drives: .
I really like the IOM Hydro carbon as well... Door panels, guage/console/inst cluster bezel wrap all would appeal to me. I have black interior, so eliminating the silver (which doesn't match my car's IOM very well) would have the same WOW effect.

Is the process to send back these pieces to have the hydro carbon done to each piece custom?
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
YAY! Thats great! I need to that stuff! Thanks for tell us!! I cannot wait to see the finished items
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
that iom and silver looks good! good job!
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstone View Post
I really like the IOM Hydro carbon as well... Door panels, guage/console/inst cluster bezel wrap all would appeal to me. I have black interior, so eliminating the silver (which doesn't match my car's IOM very well) would have the same WOW effect.

Is the process to send back these pieces to have the hydro carbon done to each piece custom?
Hey Capstone, they would be on a core exchange basis. You order what you want and once installed send back your factory pieces. I am sure once parts become less of an issue to get, they will have a more expensive option of keeping both!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Capstone

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Hey Capstone, they would be on a core exchange basis. You order what you want and once installed send back your factory pieces. I am sure once parts become less of an issue to get, they will have a more expensive option of keeping both!
Kinda what I figured... just didn't want to rip apart my car and have to wait on the pieces to come back from being "dipped"
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
dsvcustoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstone View Post
Kinda what I figured... just didn't want to rip apart my car and have to wait on the pieces to come back from being "dipped"
We have plenty of cores available. The door panel inserts are not on an exchange basis, you dont need to send us back your OEM ones if you need the door panel inserts.

Gerardo
www.dsvcustoms.com
dsvcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvcustoms View Post
We have plenty of cores available. The door panel inserts are not on an exchange basis, you dont need to send us back your OEM ones if you need the door panel inserts.

Gerardo
www.dsvcustoms.com
Thanks Gerardo for chiming in! That piece looks awesome, I cannot wait to get the rest of the pieces we discussed! You guys Rock!