Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Nashional

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
What is my ICE doing? (And other questions)

Picked up my new 2SS RS Automatic IOM Friday and have about 1,400 miles on it now.

I have a few questions that I haven't seen during the time I've been reading these forums.

1) When I don't start aggressively, I feel a surge and the muffler sounds tinny. I'm assuming this is the ICE switching to 4-cylinders? It this normal?

2) At highway speeds, I think I feel the ICE switching between 4 and 8, and sometimes often and it makes the ride a little jerky (it's noticeable but not bad). Is this normal?

3) When moving (not in park), if the RPMs get over 2,300 RPMs, it sounds like debris (like when you run over a fresh asphalt patch) is bouncing off the underside near the passenger floorboard/firewall. What could this be? I've revved it up in park on my driveway and see no evidence of anything coming off the car, but I only hear the noise while driving.

4) There is a whine coming from the engine compartment while driving. It's not loud, but I didn't hear this on another Auto or Manual I drove before. Any others hear this noise?

Love all the bells and whistles in the car. Even better than my wife's Limited Edition Camry Hybrid. I think she's jealous.
Attached Images

Nashional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
lol you should post this up on the v8 forum. lol this is the v6 forum. but nice looking car!!!! i love it.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Nashional

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Duh! (I feel stoopid).
Nashional is offline   Reply With Quote