Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #15
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman124 View Post
Being a 2010 there could be a broken wire in the door jam where the wires go through the rubber boot. To check pull the boot out of either the door or A post and pull on wires individually. If one is broke you will find it.
Not likely considering it affects both doors.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I recall a horrible story, and I believe it was true, of a guy and his dog dying in his Corvette, due to the fact that the power went out and he could not get out. Hot day and all and I think they both died of heat related causes. I believe they found him with the manual on his lap as he was trying to figure out how to unlock the Vette. Very sad! Now, I think the dealer must show everyone with Corvettes how to manually get out if the power goes out.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #17
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I recall a horrible story, and I believe it was true, of a guy and his dog dying in his Corvette, due to the fact that the power went out and he could not get out. Hot day and all and I think they both died of heat related causes. I believe they found him with the manual on his lap as he was trying to figure out how to unlock the Vette. Very sad! Now, I think the dealer must show everyone with Corvettes how to manually get out if the power goes out.
Yeah, IMO that was a poor design in the spirit of "cool tech". A mechanical door release can be stylish and functional too. That manual release on the floorboard isn't exactly located anywhere intuitive.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Could it just be the battery wearing out? The car is 6.5 years at youngest.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #19
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
Is the door lock not working on both doors? or is it just one door? I had an issue where my driver side door wouldn't lock or unlock with the key fob or the lock/unlock buttons in the car (I had to open the door with the key and lock it by pressing down on the lock stem on the door). Turns out it was a bad door lock actuator. Bought a new one and replaced it myself. Works good now.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:32 AM   #20
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I believe I heard this story. There was a release handle in the car he couldn't find/know was there.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #21
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
UPDATE:

The locks are back to working 100% of the time now.

I really think that it is directly related to the car wash pressure washer that I had used the night before. Water can tend to get in places it was never meant to be when using high pressure.

The locks slowly started working more and more over the few days since I washed the car. SO I am assuming whatever got wet to cause this, dried out.

Thanks to everyone and their suggestions and help!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:59 AM   #22
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
fighting this battle for 2 years

Hey guys,

Looking for help with this too. My door locks have been having issues as well. They work sometimes and others they don't.

Last year I spent over 1000$ diagnosing and replacing the BCM at the dealer. After the BCM replacement the door locks worked fine for about a week.

Brought it back to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem. I left the car with them for a week and they still couldn't reproduce it.

Fast forward a year and the problem is back full force happening more often than ever. It can't be the BCM as it's brand new.. I'm hesitant to bring it back to the dealer as they will charge me diagnosis fees even if they don't find the problem.

I have a stock radio too...

This problem has been extremely frustrating, costly and time consuming!!!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Wire crimping into a tube of most often aluminum a soft metal does not end well often ending up with over crimping causing broken wires and connectors and also under crimping most likely with the wires slipping out or shorting....... basically something that has to be absolutely perfect and then you never want to tug on a wire ever..... I always braid splice old school ....then redirect the wrap of electric tape or shrink heat tube to make the left over wire of the splice opposite the direction it may ever be pulled on.

Electrical switches are often shot quickly on door panels also as they get exposed to rain over time and corrosion more than other electrical in a car. Two things to consider, I think I have seen the door control unit sold fairly cheap via GM parts warehouse...etc replaced on here. Good Luck I would check popping hter foor panels with a panel removing set and look up posts on here form people removing the panels...often to replace the painted inserts.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #24
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blownSS View Post
Hey guys,

Looking for help with this too. My door locks have been having issues as well. They work sometimes and others they don't.

Last year I spent over 1000$ diagnosing and replacing the BCM at the dealer. After the BCM replacement the door locks worked fine for about a week.

Brought it back to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem. I left the car with them for a week and they still couldn't reproduce it.

Fast forward a year and the problem is back full force happening more often than ever. It can't be the BCM as it's brand new.. I'm hesitant to bring it back to the dealer as they will charge me diagnosis fees even if they don't find the problem.

I have a stock radio too...

This problem has been extremely frustrating, costly and time consuming!!!
I'm the TC of this thread and am having the issue again.

I am now 100% certain my issue is related to moisture.

Everytime I wash my car or we get a really heavy rain, I go without power locks for 2-3 days, and they slowly start working intermittently again. Once dried, they work 100% until I wash it again. It's very easily reproducible.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell is getting wet from outside the car that could be causing this. I mostly don't use a pressure washer, just a regular hose with a garden nozzle. I also make certain not to purposely spray into any of the body panel gaps any more than normal, such as near the door hinges or trunk lid/quarter panel gap.

I am having absolutely no other electrical issues, which I find kind of weird. Just the door locks.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 06-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #25
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

Everytime I wash my car or we get a really heavy rain, I go without power locks for 2-3 days, and they slowly start working intermittently again. Once dried, they work until I wash it again. It's very easily reproducible.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell is getting wet from outside the car that could be causing this. I mostly don't use a pressure washer to wash, just a regular hose with a garden nozzle.
So I would say that is 100% related to moisture. try this next time:
unplug passenger door harness. test locks. if no change, do the same on Driver door after reconnecting passenger. maybe that will narrow down if issue is related to just interior of one door.

note* this may require you to re-index windows!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #26
Jasonhunt82

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 2SS
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

Everytime I wash my car or we get a really heavy rain, I go without power locks for 2-3 days, and they slowly start working intermittently again. Once dried, they work 100% until I wash it again. It's very easily reproducible.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell is getting wet from outside the car that could be causing this. I mostly don't use a pressure washer, just a regular hose with a garden nozzle. I also make certain not to purposely spray into any of the body panel gaps any more than normal, such as near the door hinges or trunk lid/quarter panel gap.

I am having absolutely no other electrical issues, which I find kind of weird. Just the door locks.
Im having the same issue with a 2013 SS car wash then couldn't use it for a couple days then a couple weeks later same car wash and then it was ****ed up for about 2 weeks then i ordered a BCM 2 days ago (should be here in 10 days) however since yesterday everything is working fine, biggest and stupidest thing is the Key to unlock the door isn't mechanical so it doesn't work either which is right stupid as your pretty much pooched to getting in when its locked, but yet it sends the signal and the car thinks its locking and unlocking, i know your thread is old but im wondering if there was a solution or if anyone else has any idea where this problem is coming from as its all the same as the OP said doors wont lock or unlock from drivers or passenger side or from the fob or even with the key, and i scanned the car and i get these codes from the BCM...
B3130-02
B3135-02

any help would be awesome
Jasonhunt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #27
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhunt82 View Post
Im having the same issue with a 2013 SS car wash then couldn't use it for a couple days then a couple weeks later same car wash and then it was ****ed up for about 2 weeks then i ordered a BCM 2 days ago (should be here in 10 days) however since yesterday everything is working fine, biggest and stupidest thing is the Key to unlock the door isn't mechanical so it doesn't work either which is right stupid as your pretty much pooched to getting in when its locked, but yet it sends the signal and the car thinks its locking and unlocking, i know your thread is old but im wondering if there was a solution or if anyone else has any idea where this problem is coming from as its all the same as the OP said doors wont lock or unlock from drivers or passenger side or from the fob or even with the key, and i scanned the car and i get these codes from the BCM...
B3130-02
B3135-02

Well a quick Google search of your BCM codes netted this:

Code:
B3130 02

Definition: All Doors Unlock Circuit Short to Ground
Cause: The BCM detects a short to ground on a door latch control circuit

Code:
B3135 02

Definition: All Doors Lock Circuit Short to Ground
Cause: The BCM detects a short to ground on a door latch control circuit

So the BCM is complaining about a short somewhere. Water must be pooling within the doors, or somewhere along the path of the wiring harness for those latches. Could even be the latches themselves I suppose if somewhow the hot wire is touching the body.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:26 PM   #28
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhunt82 View Post
B3130-02
B3135-02

I PM'd you man. I will message you again tomorrow with more relevant information (wife is sleeping, will kill me if I wake her with typing lol). This was a loooong dragged out issue/solution. But it wound up related to a bad ground that is located in the driver side kick panel (Main door ground, but has multiple other grounds terminated on this bolt)

And yes, it was water related ^^^