Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #99
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
It was suggested to me that I post a link to my thread on running wires through the door connectors. So here you go: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359414

Thanks again DWALEX for this thread. It got me on the right path.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #100
DWALEX

Drives: Currently 2016-2SS, Future ZL1/Z28
thanks to you for improve the thread
Old 07-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #101
murrayjw

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I’m doing the MyLink upgrade and door switches at the same time on a 2010. I stopped by Ofer’s shop in AZ and he gave me the connectors (thanks Ofer!) The yellow (dimming wire) and black (ground) wires are short (5”). I assume this is because they are spliced somewhere within the existing wire harness inside the door. The other two wires are long enough to go out the door.

I assume that I run the two long wires thru the door and connect to the pink/black and orange/black at the HVAC/Radio connector and the two short wires splice into the yellow and black wires on the window switch within the door.
2010 SS/RS born Sep, 2010, custom graphics, Whipple 2.9L blower @9.5psi, complete stainless steel E85 compatiable fuel system (FIC 1000 cc injectors, FORE fuel pressure regulator, twin GSS 420 fuel pumps & 5/8" SS fuel lines), 1-7/8 Kook long tube headers, Corsa Catback exhaust, CAI, Spec Stage 3+ racing clutch, A-pillar pod w/AEM wideband and boost gauges , and a custom HP Tune running on E85 fuel--> 682 RWHP and 587 ft-lbs torque!

Last edited by murrayjw; 07-13-2014 at 07:45 PM.
murrayjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #102
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayjw View Post
I’m doing the MyLink upgrade and door switches at the same time on a 2010. I stopped by Ofer’s shop in AZ and he gave me the connectors (thanks Ofer!) The yellow (dimming wire) and black (ground) wires are short (5”). I assume this is because they are spliced somewhere within the existing wire harness inside the door. The other two wires are long enough to go out the door.

I assume that I run the two long wires thru the door and connect to the pink/black and orange/black at the HVAC/Radio connector and the two short wires splice into the yellow and black wires on the window switch within the door.
Yes to both questions.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #103
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Can I hook up the wires without removing the radio? I just installed an aftermarket stereo with Scosche kit and I do not want to remove the center console, radio, and dash kit to tap the wires unless absolutely necessary. I plan to upgrade my door speakers and dynamat the inside of my doors so I was going to install my new door pulls with lock switches and run the wires through the door to complete that portion of the install. I'm just curious to know if I can tap into the wiring where the BCM is located? I don't know the location of the BCM. I can see in the diagrams that the radio/HVAC wiring connects to the BCM so just wondering if I need to remove the radio or not?
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #104
DWALEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
Can I hook up the wires without removing the radio? I just installed an aftermarket stereo with Scosche kit and I do not want to remove the center console, radio, and dash kit to tap the wires unless absolutely necessary. I plan to upgrade my door speakers and dynamat the inside of my doors so I was going to install my new door pulls with lock switches and run the wires through the door to complete that portion of the install. I'm just curious to know if I can tap into the wiring where the BCM is located? I don't know the location of the BCM. I can see in the diagrams that the radio/HVAC wiring connects to the BCM so just wondering if I need to remove the radio or not?
No you don't need to removed the radio, the BCM is above the accelerator pedal
Old 07-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #105
murrayjw

is it just me pr is getting through the boot a huge problem?
2010 SS/RS born Sep, 2010, custom graphics, Whipple 2.9L blower @9.5psi, complete stainless steel E85 compatiable fuel system (FIC 1000 cc injectors, FORE fuel pressure regulator, twin GSS 420 fuel pumps & 5/8" SS fuel lines), 1-7/8 Kook long tube headers, Corsa Catback exhaust, CAI, Spec Stage 3+ racing clutch, A-pillar pod w/AEM wideband and boost gauges , and a custom HP Tune running on E85 fuel--> 682 RWHP and 587 ft-lbs torque!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #106
DWALEX

Quote:
is it just me pr is getting through the boot a huge problem?

it is a little difficult, you need remove the electrical tape and pull it
Old 07-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #107
murrayjw

I did the driver side door so far. When I lock using the new switch, the door locks then immediately unlocks. Same results when using remote. The passenger side responds normally from the remote. Any ideas?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #108
DWALEX

check the wiring connector
pin1 = LED backlight dimming
pin2 = lock
pin 3 = unlock
pin 4 = ground
Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #109
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
I did the driver side door so far. When I lock using the new switch, the door locks then immediately unlocks. Same results when using remote. The passenger side responds normally from the remote. Any ideas?

Sounds like the car thinks the door is open. Ensure all your connectors are snug.
You could also turn off the safety lockout feature in your cars settings and try that. It's not a fix, just something that may help you figure out the real problem.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #110
lneville220

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Why?

Why do you need new door panels? Why can’t you just cut a whole out and clean it up, use the new switches. What am I missing? I don’t understand why you need a whole new door panel.
lneville220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #111
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lneville220 View Post
Why do you need new door panels? Why can’t you just cut a whole out and clean it up, use the new switches. What am I missing? I don’t understand why you need a whole new door panel.

If you plan to cut holes you'll also need a way to mount.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote