Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Put mine on today!
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Looks good with the red stitching, Angrybird.

I did this mod to the 2010 as well but with the stone stitching and modded the base to move the boot forward to try and fill the gap up front. I didn't do it because it's an automatic, but because the plastic shifter bezel just looks so bulky. The wife's CTS wagon has the leather boot and it's an auto, and it looks so much better with the boot.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Looks good with the red stitching, Angrybird.

I did this mod to the 2010 as well but with the stone stitching and modded the base to move the boot forward to try and fill the gap up front. I didn't do it because it's an automatic, but because the plastic shifter bezel just looks so bulky. The wife's CTS wagon has the leather boot and it's an auto, and it looks so much better with the boot.
Thanks, I have changed the shifter now and I think it looks a lot better than stock. I have two shifter balls I can swap between too, a black and a red one. Wife likes the red better so that is what I have on it right now.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #32
GDSPEED

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
does anyone know if this part# will work for a 2014 auto?
GDSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #33
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Bumping this for a recent install. Great DIY! Very easy to do.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #34
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Just did mine today. Looks Great!
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #35
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Bumping this for a recent install. Great DIY! Very easy to do.

Looks good man. I have ordered the same setup but I notice your emergency brake has a boot as well that matches. Did you purchase the brake boot while doing this shifter mod? I couldn't find it on their website. Do you have part number for that brake boot??
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #36
762ch

Drives: 2011 2SS
Great idea, those look good. Im going to do one this weekend. When does the fake pedal get put in
762ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #37
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke View Post
Looks good man. I have ordered the same setup but I notice your emergency brake has a boot as well that matches. Did you purchase the brake boot while doing this shifter mod? I couldn't find it on their website. Do you have part number for that brake boot??
Emergency brake boot was an ebay item. I think it was around $30. I just got suede with red stitch to match the shifter and shift boot.

SigPic by Hazman
Old 07-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #38
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Emergency brake boot was an ebay item. I think it was around $30. I just got suede with red stitch to match the shifter and shift boot.
Okay cool! I had a package this morning on my front porch guess what it was? My shifter and boot! I copied you to a "t" because it just looked that darn good. I just gotta get that emergency brake boot to tie it all together.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
Old 07-30-2015, 11:18 AM   #39
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Quote:
Okay cool! I had a package this morning on my front porch guess what it was? My shifter and boot! I copied you to a "t" because it just looked that darn good. I just gotta get that emergency brake boot to tie it all together.
Sounds good! Sorry for the delay in responding, I had not seen the update for some reason in my subscribed threads. EBrake boot takes some finagling, but use some of your plastic panel tools and you can tuck it around the brake just fine. I did mine a couple of times to get it set how I wanted for the stitching. I think I did it over from that pic, but you get the idea. That part takes maybe 5 minutes.

SigPic by Hazman
Old 07-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #40
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Sounds good! Sorry for the delay in responding, I had not seen the update for some reason in my subscribed threads. EBrake boot takes some finagling, but use some of your plastic panel tools and you can tuck it around the brake just fine. I did mine a couple of times to get it set how I wanted for the stitching. I think I did it over from that pic, but you get the idea. That part takes maybe 5 minutes.
No worries man on the delay. I just made a eBay purchase for the emergency brake boot. I'm sure it's the same seller because he had a few colors as in stitching. It was $34.99 with free shipping. I even purchased a console arm rest leather cover with the white stitching because my lid isn't leather. All in all I think it will look great once everything is installed.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #41
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Quote:
No worries man on the delay. I just made a eBay purchase for the emergency brake boot. I'm sure it's the same seller because he had a few colors as in stitching. It was $34.99 with free shipping. I even purchased a console arm rest leather cover with the white stitching because my lid isn't leather. All in all I think it will look great once everything is installed.
Let me see a shot of the armrest later. Been looking at that myself. Plus the dash part in suede to keep my theme going.

SigPic by Hazman
Old 07-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #42
BlackSmoke

Quote:
Let me see a shot of the armrest later. Been looking at that myself. Plus the dash part in suede to keep my theme going.

You got it!