Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #127
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Because this topic is likely to come up again, it is possible to have the best of both worlds (http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117591; even made the homepage of this site today). Makes sense for lot's of people to go this route. You only need the power on the track, the rest of the time it's nice to have a quick car that get's good gas milage and is comfortable. Other's may not care too much for that, but some do.
i bet if you had a v8 you wont even be saying this
Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #128
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
Speed limits are speed limits. Just sayin. so if your not hittin the track, and gettin a DD do the 6. If its a project/toy, you definitely get the 8. Its a guaranteed permagrin either way! Im paying $1.18/ LITER here, (and my 6 cost what the US 8 costs ) and I've never looked back on my decision.

Just to play Devil's advocate, there's a Z28 in the works
Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #129
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i bet if you had a v8 you wont even be saying this
Dude if I wanted the V8 I would have bought one. I paid cash for my car (my mommy didn't buy it or any car for me in my entire life), and I've paid cash for every mod I've put on it. I could have paid cash for any 2SS they had on the lot. Problem was, none of them was green and none had a direct injection engine. Without that, why not go for the real deal and by a Z06 and supercharge it? That's what I was saving for and what I'll wait a few more years to get.

Time for you to get over this idea that you know every thing and that every thing you say is "FACT." You are wrong on both counts!

By the way, I've driven the SS, have you driven and LS or LT? I also own a V8 today (not Camro) and have owned them in the past. I've been driving much longer than you have been alive (be you 19 or as I suspect 13).
Old 12-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #130
nolimits76

Drives: '07 Titan CC
Quote:
Because this topic is likely to come up again, it is possible to have the best of both worlds (http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117591; even made the homepage of this site today). Makes sense for lot's of people to go this route. You only need the power on the track, the rest of the time it's nice to have a quick car that get's good gas milage and is comfortable. Other's may not care too much for that, but some do.
I could care less about getting in the middle of a pi$$ing match, but I would like to state that to break into the low 12's, almost high 11's, you will be putting as much (if not more) into the V6 then if you had just started with a V8.

Each to his own on which engine is better. But without doubt, there is no substitution for cubic inches. You put all the same mods on the V8 and you will go faster.

Something to consider for any V6 or V8 owner is how aftermarket parts effect your warranty. Some people may not feel comfortable voiding a 5yr/100k warranty by installing a CAI, headers, cam and/or exhaust to go faster. So that is also a serious consideration.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #131
mikeSS

Quote:
Dude if I wanted the V8 I would have bought one. I paid cash for my car (my mommy didn't buy it or any car for me in my entire life), and I've paid cash for every mod I've put on it. I could have paid cash for any 2SS they had on the lot. Problem was, none of them was green and none had a direct injection engine. Without that, why not go for the real deal and by a Z06 and supercharge it? That's what I was saving for and what I'll wait a few more years to get.

Time for you to get over this idea that you know every thing and that every thing you say is "FACT." You are wrong on both counts!

By the way, I've driven the SS, have you driven and LS or LT? I also own a V8 today (not Camro) and have owned them in the past. I've been driving much longer than you have been alive (be you 19 or as I suspect 13).
i have not driven a LS.. the SS was getting kind of slow to me after a month. so a LS would be very slow to me.... had to get some LTs, CAI, cat back, tune... now getting a cam next spring... you have to realize where i am coming from, my standards are higher then the " average person" , it not my fault, its how i was raised...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #132
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimits76 View Post
I could care less about getting in the middle of a pi$$ing match, but I would like to state that to break into the low 12's, almost high 11's, you will be putting as much (if not more) into the V6 then if you had just started with a V8.

Each to his own on which engine is better. But without doubt, there is no substitution for cubic inches. You put all the same mods on the V8 and you will go faster.

Something to consider for any V6 or V8 owner is how aftermarket parts effect your warranty. Some people may not feel comfortable voiding a 5yr/100k warranty by installing a CAI, headers, cam and/or exhaust to go faster. So that is also a serious consideration.
Made the home page of this web site and you couldn't even bother to read it. Nitrous and DRs. Cheap and effective. Didn't cost more than getting an SS with the same options is LT has, not by a long shot.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #133
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Made the home page of this web site and you couldn't even bother to read it. Nitrous and DRs. Cheap and effective. Didn't cost more than getting an SS with the same options is LT has, not by a long shot.
Yeah, let's go ahead and destroy our warranty with nitrous.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #134
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i have not driven a LS.. the SS was getting kind of slow to me after a month. so a LS would be very slow to me.... had to get some LTs, CAI, cat back, tune... now getting a cam next spring... you have to realize where i am coming from, my standards are higher then the " average person" , it not my fault, its how i was raised...
LOL!!! This whole 'statement' is so full of it! Dude, seriously? Your on public roads and flooring it? Then you're a maniac and should have your license revoked.

Your standards? You have NO standards! Nobody with standards works in a car wash and has mommy & daddy pay for his toys. Plus you know how many convicts say "It's not my fault, it's how I was raised"? Next you'll blame TV.. or video games...

Man up, you're not in a fast car, you have bare bones options and do the speed limit making all the mods you claim nothing but a waste with a voided warranty.

lol more standards than the average person...
Old 12-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #135
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPs View Post
LOL!!! This whole 'statement' is so full of it! Dude, seriously? Your on public roads and flooring it? Then you're a maniac and should have your license revoked.

Your standards? You have NO standards! Nobody with standards works in a car wash and has mommy & daddy pay for his toys. Plus you know how many convicts say "It's not my fault, it's how I was raised"? Next you'll blame TV.. or video games...

Man up, you're not in a fast car, you have bare bones options and do the speed limit making all the mods you claim nothing but a waste with a voided warranty.

lol more standards than the average person...
damn the ether is burning slow.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:28 AM   #136
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I love how all of the v6 people say that the v8 people bash on them. In this thread I see a lot of v6 people bashing on the v8 people.

To the OP get the v8!! Nothing compares to that v8 sound.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 AM   #137
mikeSS

Quote:
That's the problem, you have not standards. If you did you wouldn't be trashing the cars people bought with thier own money. Some day you will have to make a living on your own. What will you drive when mommy and daddy don't buy it for you? From the looks of the english comprehension and math skills you've demonstrated on this site, it probably won't be much. If my guess is right and your are a 13-year-old who's daddy has and SS, then at least you have a few years to change your ways. If you are 19, then yes it is your fault and raising had nothing to do with it, you are a _____ _______ (fill in the blanks).
i will post pics tomorrow, of BOTH my cars.... lets see your pics
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #138
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
He he. These arguments are funny. There's a thread on here asking what folks' average speed and mpg is. The results are between around 20, and 35mph for average speed, regardless of engine choice. I spend more time languishing in slow or stopped traffic, and never use a track, so wallowing in the luxury leather seats, and playing with extra toys on a 2LT, yet still looking fantastic, is my choice.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #139
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyland87 View Post
Not even a debate... Why would you get a v6 muscle car if you have the chance to get a v8.
they know why they got it, and that fine... but people here make the v6 out to be better then the v8... it amazes me
Old 12-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #140
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyland87 View Post
To be better? That makes no sense.

The camaro is an american muscle car, IMO... its not a muscle car if its got a v6. Its a muscle car impersonator. You can add all the turbos and crap you want, still just a good looking v6.

Edit, I didnt read all the thread, did the OP get a v6?
lol... any minute a v6 owner will say " its 312HP" thats pretty much muscle. then compare it to the old v8 camaros.... no matter how many times i say it they just dont wanna believe it... the camaro weighs a ton... its needs 400 HP to be even a " fast car"

Closed Thread