Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
I was checking out the ipod touch today and it indexed much faster than before. It only took 5 minutes or so. The system seams to like the newer ipod over my old fathfull classic. I ordered a referbished 64gb ipod touch from apple for 229.00 just for the camaro.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #16
turbopote

Drives: 2013 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilborne View Post
I was checking out the ipod touch today and it indexed much faster than before. It only took 5 minutes or so. The system seams to like the newer ipod over my old fathfull classic. I ordered a referbished 64gb ipod touch from apple for 229.00 just for the camaro.
Does the 64gd iPod work ok? How much data are you able to sync?
Thanks!
turbopote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #17
Twilborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopote View Post
Does the 64gd iPod work ok? How much data are you able to sync?
Thanks!
Yes it works OK. I have 40 gig or so installed on the ipod. It takes about 5 minutes or so to index everything.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #18
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Can't you turn off the mass storage feature in iTunes under your devices settings? I have a 160 GB iPod Classic, loads up really fast and it's filled up.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
Twilborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Can't you turn off the mass storage feature in iTunes under your devices settings? I have a 160 GB iPod Classic, loads up really fast and it's filled up.
I will check that out.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I will also need to check that out. I was wondering about that but haven't checked it out just yet.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
turbopote

Quote:
I couldn't find that setting in my classic ipod. Does the mass storage feature have to be turned off from itunes in your computer when the ipod is connected?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #22
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilborne View Post
I am going to try an ipod touch and check out the differance.
It indexes on my iPod touch every time it plugs in. It does start playing in less than a minute, and keeps indexing.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
Tysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopote View Post
I couldn't find that setting in my classic ipod. Does the mass storage feature have to be turned off from itunes in your computer when the ipod is connected?
Yes. Should be one of the check boxes. I'll get my iPod out of the car and check.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
Tysen

Just verified. There's a check box for "Enable Disk Use". If you uncheck that, it should index faster.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #25
turbopote

Quote:
Yes. Should be one of the check boxes. I'll get my iPod out of the car and check.
It works now. I have over 70 GB of music, so it takes about 6-8 minutes to index. All my artists, albums, songs, and playlists are now displayed in the menu. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #26
jonboy71

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2LT
what happens if you have more than 10000 songs? I have 17k right now and this thing is constantly indexing. very annoying, as it's impossible to select what you want to hear while this is going on and with no cd player, i'm dead in the water. anyone have any workaround for this? i unchecked the mass storage feature and it's been indexing for a long time.

does it index even if you're listening to another source? what's the best way to allow it to index? once it happens, will it need to do it again?

also, can we update the software ourselves or does the dealer have to do it? i just took delivery on my camaro this week, but want to be able to keep up with software updates.
jonboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #27
Twilborne

Everytime you turn the key off it starts all over again. It is a poor system when it comes to this. It takes several minutes before it will even start to play a song. It cant even remember the setting you had when you were listening to it. If you were shuffling artist or albums for example what ever the last song / album that was playing is what it will be stuck on. You have to set it all up from the begining every time. It really su***.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
jonboy71

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2LT
any good aftermarket replacements? i dont have Nav, but I dont think i can deal with this. what a huge disappointment in an otherwise awesome vehicle
jonboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote