Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
MRT Axleback thoughts, need input.

OK, so in the rain yesterday I installed the MRT V2 axle backs. GEWWWWW! totally different noise than stock by far. Kinda has an aggressive G35 sound to it, which I dig, but this is also my first 2 seater car....EVER..... so im thinking I am sitting closer to the exhaust hence the loudness....

now here's where the questions come into play... some tracks have decibel limits, and just for common courtesy, where ever I may be, I try not to be THAT GUY...

now not to say its not more bass than anything, but in comparison to the Magnaflow setups, which one would you suspect to be louder? I was thinking prob the MRT, due to muffler size being smaller????

anyone with the actual Magnaflow axle backs or full exhaust cat back have any decent sound clips with a good recording mic? I see a lot on YouTube and its all, hack and custom setups.

also, this is more tech stuff, but anyone know wha the MRT setups are supposed to tech out at Db wise? or the Magnaflow? I know any exhaust is tunable sound wise... just trying to get ideas before I take the next step.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The Magnaflow is quite a bit quieter than the MRT systems. Some prefer the sound of the MRT systems coupled with the Magnaflow resonated X pipe, but for others it's too quiet. Depends on what you're into.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
the resonated x-pipe will make it quieter and also a bit deeper in tone. if you are concerned about the noise level that is the way to go.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
And btw....you do have a back seat.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
the resonated x-pipe will make it quieter and also a bit deeper in tone. if you are concerned about the noise level that is the way to go.
This. I doubt the MRT axle back alone would be anywhere near the noise limit at the track though.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I have axle-back magnaflows, stock resonators and H pipe and it's not too loud at all. Yours is definitely louder

I only did it for the sound, but I didn't want to be able to hear it too loud inside the cabin and it's perfect for me as is. Maybe a bit too quiet at times, but I'm sure I'd regret making it any louder because my girlfriend constantly complains about being in cars with loud exhaust.

Still might delete my resonators one day though

You should be fine, though, it probably sounds great and not too obnoxious

you're not driving a honda. (;
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:57 AM   #7
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I have axle-back magnaflows, stock resonators and H pipe and it's not too loud at all. Yours is definitely louder

I only did it for the sound, but I didn't want to be able to hear it too loud inside the cabin and it's perfect for me as is. Maybe a bit too quiet at times, but I'm sure I'd regret making it any louder because my girlfriend constantly complains about being in cars with loud exhaust.

Still might delete my resonators one day though

You should be fine, though, it probably sounds great and not too obnoxious

you're not driving a honda. (;
hmmmmmm well I have magnaflow d in d out straight pipes catback exhaust....resonator delete and you aint even close...IMHO (no drone)..which I know the MRT 2 is famous for...
not tryna start a muffler beef just answering ur ?