Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Hennessey Announces Z/28 Upgrade Packages

Figured we'd give Camaro 5 another cool exclusive first look for the Z/28.

Here are the upgrades we'll be rolling out with. As most of you already know we are no stranger to the LS platform. From our 475 horsepower upgrade for the SS Camaro, to our Escalade, Truck, future SS, Corvette, and just about anything LS-Powered GM comes out with, and things like our Venom GT, we're there offering the most warrantied and reliable horsepower on the market.

Proud to announce our new Z/28 packages, can't wait to get the first car in our hand. As most of us are huge road-racing guys here, this is incredibly exciting for us to have this platform to work with.
Attached Images

Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Are those numbers estimates based on C6Z06 upgrades? Will they change once you get a production Z/28 to work on?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #3

Our advertised horsepower is normally a bit lower than what our C6 Z06's roll out of here with, we'll easily be able to hit our target numbers on the Camaro.

Most of our packages are engineered with a 3 Year / 36,000 mile warranty. Trust me, we're not running anything on the ragged edge on the cars we roll out the door. We always R&D our kits pretty well on an engine before having the final numbers. Our 392 packages we just rolled out with were pretty conservative and all of them got a 50 horsepower bump once they rolled out. We will easily be hitting these target numbers, which is why we were ready to go ahead and release these.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
A TT LS7 Z/28?!!

Need to PS your badge onto that photo.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I see you have suspension and brake upgrades one there as options. Have you guy's gotten any info on what the car comes with? I imagine there can't be much that could be done in those areas, at least not without costing an arm and a leg.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I was gonna say the same thing..it's nice to be able to advertise ahead of time, but for one, pricing hasn't been released yet so not sure how many people are going to modify this car, and really, a brake package upgrade? Not sure how effective that will be. Not to bash, but of all the cars GM has, I am pretty sure they did their homework on this one.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
yellowbird1232

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Considering their reputation I have questions about how you can offer upgrades to something that you do not have the details on.
yellowbird1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
MIKE@TF
Account Suspended

Drives: Srt8 jeep,02 mustang gt,2009 ctsv
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird1232 View Post
Considering their reputation I have questions about how you can offer upgrades to something that you do not have the details on.
thats because they already have the dumb old guys already giving them their money lol...
MIKE@TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE@TF View Post
thats because they already have the dumb old guys already giving them their money lol...
They know exactly what they're doing

They've been at this for a while
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
I can understand the engine upgrades. It's a standard LS7. It's been around for a while. As long as GM hasn't gotten creative on there ECU that shouldn't be a big deal, and I can understand not releasing prices yet because they still need to look at what they have to spend on development and manufacturing.

By creative with the ECU I'm taking about locking it up like Dodge did on the SRT Challengers. The ECUs on those cars cause the aftermarket guys some headaches breaking the ECU codes.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
You omitted the pricing. That is important to know as well as the output and ingredients of the mods.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #12

We've been doing this for 22 Years, we're not some 20 year old kids doing cam installs for $1000 trying to make a name for ourselves.

Just because it has the largest brakes GM has ever offered from the factory, doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who wouldn't want bigger.

No need for the massive binders on this thing, or the 1200 horsepower twin-turbo upgrade over the LS-A, but I've seen us do that too.

The vain of the Z/28's existence is America. Why do you need 500 horsepower? You don't. Carbon brakes? Because you can. Cupholder for 44 ounces of diabetic deliciousness? I'll take two.

We take the supersized capability of this car, and we give you two cholesterol filled servings of adrenaline, wrapped in one convenient Z/28 package.

Mike SVX. Yeah, the Chysler computers are encrypted. I know because we have the codes, and have been building them without the warranty-voiding PCM swap everyone else is doing.

As per forum rules, shoot me an email for pricing.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
@6200 rpm...hmm. ls7 redlines where?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #14

That's where peak power is made. LS7 goes to 7k from the factory. Titanium valves and connecting rods aren't your typical little small block.