Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2019, 05:32 AM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
5202 vs p13w

So I have an early 2010 SS Camaro. My fogs ( DRLS ) are p13w bulbs. Im looking to upgrade them. Ive been using the p13w LED bulbs for a while but im looking for more. Either the morimoto projector fogs or maybe just an HID kit for the fogs. Everywhere I look, they only have 5202 sets for my car bc that's what most Camaros use. Can I use the 5202 instead of my original p13w? Any issues with this?

Thanks,

Adam

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
You CAN switch to the 5202 BUT you need to change the housing too as the part where the bulb attaches is different, i butchered a pair of LED bulbs trying to rig them to make them fit but ended up having to re-order the bulbs and corresponding lamps which i was pleased to do since my 7 year old lamps were worn from all kinds of shit hitting them at high speeds. The plug will also be different but will connect if you PERSUADE them to do so although the correct method will be to buy the pigtails and cut and solder in place of your existing connections.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
So im thinking im gonna order the new Morimoto fogs. THey are 5202 connections. So If I order the fogs, and 5202 pigtails I should be fine. At least that's what im thinking..

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
It should according to the claim that the housing is a direct fit, to take the old housing out use a 8mm socket to compress the round clips and adjust the lights before you install the bezel and liner screws because you will need to adjust from rear this way you can remove to adjust as necessary. Also for the pigtails i like using heat shrink and soldering any time i am putting together electrical components, i usually keep a stock of different sizes just like i keep a stock of zipties. Good luck to you bud
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
So im thinking im gonna order the new Morimoto fogs. THey are 5202 connections. So If I order the fogs, and 5202 pigtails I should be fine. At least that's what im thinking..
We sell the Morimoto fog lights, they are great for visibility and looks. They are a direct fit with 2 mods - you need clips from a Camaro with 5202 fogs and you need a different pigtail. We sell them ready to install with the new clips and pigtail for an extra $20. We also sell them the same way as Morimoto does at the same price. Free shipping on either option. We also sell replacement LED bulbs from Diode Dynamics that will fit your existing pigtail and lens. The Diode bulbs do not have near the visibility upgrade, but cost $39.95 for a pair of bulbs. You will need a DRL adapter also if you still have stock DRL bulbs. The adapter will allow your lights to stay on at night. We also sell the adapter, which is a quality US made product (were not reselling Ebay adapters).

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...og-lights.html
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote