Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I really like the hud especially during spirited driving through the twisties, helps with the shifts.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I set it on the tach mode and when I race, this is where I watch for my shift points. I like it as high as it will go so I don't have to look down, it is very easy to look through it when racing....now if you actually turn on the radio and it starts flashing all that music info crap....that is pretty distracting.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #17
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffJ View Post
I just looked at the windshield and there is a code on the drivers side bottom. It is 'SSxxxxx' with the x's being numbers. Can somebody see if theirs has the same thing? I've read about people having similar issues with replacement windshields. I wonder if the dealer replaced the windshield with one that doesn't have the HUD coating? Unlikely but possible.

edit.

Sven59 beats me to it. The car is brand new and had 13 miles on it. It had been sitting in the showroom so long the battery was dead. I'm going to give them a call on Monday.
All of the windshield spec information on my 2014 ZL1 is located on the lower corner on the passenger side.

It also was that way on my 2010 RS - until I had my windshield replaced. In 2012, I had the windshield replaced on that car with aftermarket glass (not my choice, but I needed a replacement ASAP). Even though the glass was made by Pilkington, as is the original GM marked glass, the spec information on the replacement was located on the driver's side.

Regardless of what your dealer says, my guess is that you may not have an OEM windshield, nor do you have the appropriate HUD variant.

Is there a GM logo on the glass?
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #18
GriffJ

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by VChula View Post
All of the windshield spec information on my 2014 ZL1 is located on the lower corner on the passenger side.

It also was that way on my 2010 RS - until I had my windshield replaced. In 2012, I had the windshield replaced on that car with aftermarket glass (not my choice, but I needed a replacement ASAP). Even though the glass was made by Pilkington, as is the original GM marked glass, the spec information on the replacement was located on the driver's side.

Regardless of what your dealer says, my guess is that you may not have an OEM windshield, nor do you have the appropriate HUD variant.

Is there a GM logo on the glass?
It is the correct windshield. I found the info on the passenger side. I also found an anti-theft sticker on the inside of the door with the number I put in that previous post. If I can stop working 10 hours a day I'm going to see the eye dr.
GriffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #19
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
My HUD has a double vision appearance also, since day one. Even after dealer replaced windshield, still double. My c6 z06 HUD was crisp and sharp. The zl1 HUD is double and also shakes on bumpy roads
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote