Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-16-2015, 08:41 PM   #15
StLCamarofan

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE M6
Invest in a random orbital buffer, and eliminate one of college or pro football from your fall/winter, and one of church/the second 18 from your spring & summer!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #16
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
I would say do some research on detailing paint, watch some videos on YouTube, ask some questions in the detailing section and then purchase a machine polisher,pads, compounds,polishes,microfiber towels,foam gun,clay bars,detail spray ect ect

Then get ready to blow an entire weekend on getting your paint corrected and protected. With a black car you will learn to except some minor flaws from time to time. Welcome to Groundhogs Day of detailing a black car yup it's a real kick in the n_ts
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #17
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Its very common for a new car to have swirls, some marr marks and other odd irregularities. I agree with you in that the paint marks should not be excessive, but I wouldn't get alarmed as new car paint can be far from perfect.

I also agree with the others, in that when you get a chance either find a good detailer or you could fix the paint issues yourself. You will love the results. No offense meant, but its been my experience that dealer detail jobs can leave a lot to be desired.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:52 AM   #18
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
I've never owned a black car, and after reading a lot about the required maintenance on it, I don't think I will. My color doesn't really show scratches or swirls unless you get real close, but scratches are very very visible because of the primer(im assuming) showing.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #19
JohnnyC
PURBRED

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1, 2007 Gmc Duramax
Love black vehicles. Buy yourself a polisher and fixer up. I wash my car by hand but never dry it by hand. I always use my electric leaf blower. Both my car and truck look great.