Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #15
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
OP, I think you answered your own question. There will always be complaints on any car. If you want one, buy it. In my case, '0' issues. I think its a well concieved, well built automobile.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:37 AM   #16
Anthony982149

Drives: Chevy Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
OP, I think you answered your own question. There will always be complaints on any car. If you want one, buy it. In my case, '0' issues. I think its a well concieved, well built automobile.
Yeah I understand every car has it's problems. I'm a more worried about problems such as annoying sounds that the car might make. Like I said in my first post my cobalt steering wheel shakes like a lot of other cobalts and it's really annoying. I've read tons of different ways people got that to stop but I"m not really interested in spending a lot of money in 10 different ways to get the steering wheel to stop shaking. Like Chevy's other recalls recently they need a free fix on this shaking steering wheel.

I do like seeing what other problems people mention about the camaro though whether it be noises or just the lack of trunk space or seating room. But like someone else said those are problems that aren't really hidden. You know that when you buy the car.
Anthony982149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #17
Wacko37

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2007 2500HD D-Max
The most annoying problem is how quickly your wallet empties when you keep finding "just one more small mod"!!
2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust w/2" primaries, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, JRI Coilovers built by Ult_Performance w/hypercoils, BMR sway, BMR trailing arms, UMI toe links, solid sub-frame bushings, upper control arm bushings, radius inserts, caster locks, Taylor wires, BTR spec'd cam, tuned by ECS, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, Apex 19x11 w/RE-71r's 305/30/19, eaton tru-trac

2007 2500HD Duramax, Built trans, custom tuned beast
Wacko37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Way too many rattles.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #19
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacko37 View Post
The most annoying problem is how quickly your wallet empties when you keep finding "just one more small mod"!!
I approve this message! Hey for all the complainers....you can always go trade in for a Prius!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #20
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Way too many rattles.
Mine has zero rattles.

To complain about the trunk opening is laughable,you knew how big it was before you bought it.

I love this car,its the best built Camaro ever.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #21
MATTESONDM

Drives: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
Ive had my 13 2SS for about 5 months. I like it a lot. To me, its a modern muscle car, but with an affordable price tag. I have 2 kids, so my biggest issue is their feet on the back of the seats. I make them take their shoes off. Other than that, the visibility is something you get used to. I say back into a spot, and use your camera to help you. I would buy this car again. Well, I lie...I would buy a ZL1!!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #22
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony982149 View Post
I see this forum is full of problems that the camaro has which is kinda understandable. That's going to be pretty much any car.

Right now I drive a Chevy Cobalt and when you apply the breaks on it at a speed of about 45+ miles per hour the steering wheel will shake and it's really annoying and feels cheaply made.

I've wanted a chevy camaro for a long time now but I would like to know is there any annoying problems with it like I just mention with the chevy cobalt?

I don't want to spend all this money for a new car and the steering wheel shakes or something in the car rattles. I would just like a good smooth pretty well built ride.
You probably need front tires or brakes
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #23
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Mine has zero rattles.
Lucky!
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #24
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Lucky!
zero rattles here too

I say common problems are....
*cracked dashes on 2010 models (maybe more we'll see)
*trunk opens easily whenever I sit down with my keys T_T
*I have never seen a dash time around the gauges NOT broken. The clips come broken from factory or something. not too noticeable though
*everyone assumes I'm rich for driving my $19,500 car
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The biggest problem with mine is that it keeps asking me to buy things for it...
Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #26
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony982149 View Post
I see this forum is full of problems that the camaro has which is kinda understandable. That's going to be pretty much any car.

Right now I drive a Chevy Cobalt and when you apply the breaks on it at a speed of about 45+ miles per hour the steering wheel will shake and it's really annoying and feels cheaply made.

I've wanted a chevy camaro for a long time now but I would like to know is there any annoying problems with it like I just mention with the chevy cobalt?

I don't want to spend all this money for a new car and the steering wheel shakes or something in the car rattles. I would just like a good smooth pretty well built ride.
No..., the car is one of the most comfortable, dependable and fun rides I've owned. I haven't had any issues with the brakes and dont have any concern with the expected minor issues like minimal back seat space that comes along with a sports car. Every GM vehicle I've had so far has lasted about 200,000 miles (on my 6th currently). I drive my Camaro daily and expect it to last for many years to come.

Yes, I had some minor warranty work completed but nothing so far to consider annoying.

When you read forums or on-line reviews you have to realize that more than 10 times the people will complain, before someone provides a compliment. I love my car and wouldn't think twice about buying another..., in fact I'm looking to buy another currently to add to the household of vehicles.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #27
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Overall very happy with my 2011 2LT ordered May 2010. Most new autos I have owned in the past have required a few tweaks early on and the Camaro no exception. Had some issues repaired early on under warranty, so not an issue with me. Understand have had my Camaro for 3-1/2 years, daily driver, still under 7,000 miles.

Issue: I have an automatic and early on noticed a lag in gear shifts mostly between 1, 2, 3 (no noticeable shift lag between 3 and higher). Transmission control monitor replaced under warranty. Seemed to improve shift lag but after a few more thousand miles shift lag became noticeable again. Took it back to dealership, they uploaded newer transmission computer software, charged me $185 for the software upgrade which I was not happy about. The slight improvement did not last very long.

I was not the only one on this board to report this issue with the auto transmission. Now, I have just given up attempting to get this transmission to shift smoother. Have to admit I have owned many new autos with auto transmissions during the last 45 years and never had an issue with any of them until this Camaro. Last Nov. sold my supercharged 1998 Riv., under 70,000 miles, transmission still shifted smooth as silk under full acceleration. Sold the Riv. to help pay for a 1966 Thunderbird conv. with 72,000 miles (49 years old). Trans did not require rebuilding when the auto was last restored in 2003. 315 hp, 427 torque, 3-speed auto transmission shifts smooth as silk under full acceleration. Have decided the newer Camaro auto transmission with low miles does not offer the smooth shifting driving experience that I had with my 1998 Riviera or my current 49 year old 1966 Thunderbird.

Modified the exhaust system last year. Love the newer rumble. However, now I not only feel the low gear shift lag, I also hear it. Sounds like I am driving a manual and I hesitate when shifting gears. FYI, I do know how to drive a manual but prefer an automatic since most of my driving is stop and go city streets.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #28
Anthony982149

Drives: Chevy Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaucom21 View Post
Overall very happy with my 2011 2LT ordered May 2010. Most new autos I have owned in the past have required a few tweaks early on and the Camaro no exception. Had some issues repaired early on under warranty, so not an issue with me. Understand have had my Camaro for 3-1/2 years, daily driver, still under 7,000 miles.

Issue: I have an automatic and early on noticed a lag in gear shifts mostly between 1, 2, 3 (no noticeable shift lag between 3 and higher). Transmission control monitor replaced under warranty. Seemed to improve shift lag but after a few more thousand miles shift lag became noticeable again. Took it back to dealership, they uploaded newer transmission computer software, charged me $185 for the software upgrade which I was not happy about. The slight improvement did not last very long.

I was not the only one on this board to report this issue with the auto transmission. Now, I have just given up attempting to get this transmission to shift smoother. Have to admit I have owned many new autos with auto transmissions during the last 45 years and never had an issue with any of them until this Camaro. Last Nov. sold my supercharged 1998 Riv., under 70,000 miles, transmission still shifted smooth as silk under full acceleration. Sold the Riv. to help pay for a 1966 Thunderbird conv. with 72,000 miles (49 years old). Trans did not require rebuilding when the auto was last restored in 2003. 315 hp, 427 torque, 3-speed auto transmission shifts smooth as silk under full acceleration. Have decided the newer Camaro auto transmission with low miles does not offer the smooth shifting driving experience that I had with my 1998 Riviera or my current 49 year old 1966 Thunderbird.

Modified the exhaust system last year. Love the newer rumble. However, now I not only feel the low gear shift lag, I also hear it. Sounds like I am driving a manual and I hesitate when shifting gears. FYI, I do know how to drive a manual but prefer an automatic since most of my driving is stop and go city streets.
That worries me a little about the transmission. My cobalt does the same thing in a way. It could be under slow or hard acceleration and it will feel like it lags from 2nd to 3rd gear.. not to be bad or noticeable but I can feel it as I'm driving but I'm not sure if my passengers could.

Do you have the camaro model where you can drive the automatic as a manual? If you do have you tried and see if you had better luck with gears shifting?
Anthony982149 is offline   Reply With Quote