Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #855
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I have decided to cancel my trip. However I will still be on vacation! WOOHOOOOOO.

I actually decided that a 6 day vacation was not worth putting myself behind 2-3 weeks of hard dieting.
It's all about the choices you make. Fat loss is gradual and relatively slow but accumalitive. Anytime you get off the plan you take a step backwards but the next step doesn't put you back to where you started, it takes a couple of steps to catch up to where you would have been.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #856
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
It's all about the choices you make. Fat loss is gradual and relatively slow but accumalitive. Anytime you get off the plan you take a step backwards but the next step doesn't put you back to where you started, it takes a couple of steps to catch up to where you would have been.
I could not agree more my man! And the changes that I have incurred so far, I would be devastated by it mentally.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #857
CFD

What a bummer. lol I finished this bulking cycle and am going to do a 4 week cutting cycle before switching to maintenance for the summer. I do a 3-day split for cutting so I can incorporate 3 days of cardio. In this program I do deadlifts, they are one of my toughest lifts due to the fact I have had two hernia repairs from years past, so any ways, I wear a belt doing deadlifts and I was shocked that I am 3 notches from where I usually am, body fat measurements don't seem out of line for after a bulk and I'm at 185, typical after a bulk, I usually cut to 175 but man that belt was tight, may have to cut for 6 weeks. lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #858
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
What a bummer. lol I finished this bulking cycle and am going to do a 4 week cutting cycle before switching to maintenance for the summer. I do a 3-day split for cutting so I can incorporate 3 days of cardio. In this program I do deadlifts, they are one of my toughest lifts due to the fact I have had two hernia repairs from years past, so any ways, I wear a belt doing deadlifts and I was shocked that I am 3 notches from where I usually am, body fat measurements don't seem out of line for after a bulk and I'm at 185, typical after a bulk, I usually cut to 175 but man that belt was tight, may have to cut for 6 weeks. lol.
Got a hernia one time too and I am 100% convinced it was from playing softball, not lifting heavy.

To each their own, and you appear to be in good shape ESPECIALLY for your age, but I don't subscribe to that system. Let me get bigger so I can then try to lose and then maintain? WTF is maintenance anyway? What exactly are you "maintaining"? If you aren't going forwards then you are going backwards....just saying.

Now once a year before vacation I make a dedicated effort to lose some weight....other than that, it's do more, get stronger, and over time get bigger. My progression through the years...

15 yrs old (when I started lifting) 115lbs
18 yrs old 132lbs
21 yrs old 150lbs
30 yrs old 181lbs
35 yrs old 198lbs
40 yrs old 226lbs
40.5 yrs old 195lbs....

At the age of 30 I moved to Atlanta from small town living. The traffic, work, raising a son active in baseball cut into gym time so cardio started becoming less and less frequent as the years went on.

But I said when I was 40 I'd go back to a thinner me so I did and I won't go back to being 220 +...

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #859
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Got a hernia one time too and I am 100% convinced it was from playing softball, not lifting heavy.

To each their own, and you appear to be in good shape ESPECIALLY for your age, but I don't subscribe to that system. Let me get bigger so I can then try to lose and then maintain? WTF is maintenance anyway? What exactly are you "maintaining"? If you aren't going forwards then you are going backwards....just saying.

Now once a year before vacation I make a dedicated effort to lose some weight....other than that, it's do more, get stronger, and over time get bigger. My progression through the years...

15 yrs old (when I started lifting) 115lbs
18 yrs old 132lbs
21 yrs old 150lbs
30 yrs old 181lbs
35 yrs old 198lbs
40 yrs old 226lbs
40.5 yrs old 195lbs....

At the age of 30 I moved to Atlanta from small town living. The traffic, work, raising a son active in baseball cut into gym time so cardio started becoming less and less frequent as the years went on.

But I said when I was 40 I'd go back to a thinner me so I did and I won't go back to being 220 +...

Both my hernias were not from lifting, one happened raking leaves believe it or not, the other was from twisting my torso . I now have two patches to show for it.

The bulking and cutting seem to be productive for me. I don't go to extremes but my theory is if you don't eat enough you won't grow, you should eat a caloric surplus for muscle growth but along with a caloric surplus comes some fat gain thus the cutting. When all is said and done hopefully you hold on to some muscle gains and loose the fat. I never practiced this until several years ago, I know, I started late. lol. At one point before I started working out I was at 235, at 6'2" I didn't look "fat" but did have a bit of a belly and no definition, after loosing the weight for about 3 years I worked out rigorously and was extremely "cut" but maintained at 165, now a few years later I maintain at 175 and as you've seen from my photo's the gains have been muscle not fat, although at 185 my abs are gone. So comes the cutting again. I can easily eat the exact amount as not to gain or loose weight and keep up my workouts but will not put on any size and I'm still young enough to grow but you can't grow if you don't eat, so the vicious cycle continues, if you don't think it works wait until you see me at 59.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #860
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Hi y'all - still hanging at the 20lb mark and that's
OK - my schedule has been off the charts crazy.
I don't know when I'm going to be home again for
a weekend let along all the running all week. So
my eating habits have not been as routine as I
would like - so maintaining is good for me. I
always get right back on track until the next upset.
It's not eating the wrong foods so much as not being
able to "schedule" my 5 meals. Oh well, I"ll keep at
it and when I can get back in the groove I'll expect
to see more lbs lost - 5 more to go.

I'm doing good with my weight exercises for my arms.
I certainly feel it!! Just can't really see it -yet
I'll get there..................

As always thanks for listening. I do stop by here from
time to time just to see what's happening - everyone
keep up the good work!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #861
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Hi Becky
Old 05-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #862
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hey Becky and everyone else. I have been crazy busy with my job too & bringing home work in the eventing most days too. Did a bunch of yard work again this past weekend. I was hurting in my lower back that evening & thought I'd be too sore to move the next day but it did not turn out to be so. Been staying late at my dance/exercize class trying to re-learn old routines (ending up with 1 1/2 to 2 hour long classes) and eating fairly well but not great. I am gettng smaller but it is not showing up on the scales. That I'm used to but it is also not showing up in the stats on my body fat, water, & muscle which I don't get. All I know is my size 10 pants are really baggy on me now??????????????? Anyway, just thought I'd check in.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #863
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Hi Becky

Hi Buddy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hey Becky and everyone else. I have been crazy busy with my job too & bringing home work in the eventing most days too. Did a bunch of yard work again this past weekend. I was hurting in my lower back that evening & thought I'd be too sore to move the next day but it did not turn out to be so. Been staying late at my dance/exercize class trying to re-learn old routines (ending up with 1 1/2 to 2 hour long classes) and eating fairly well but not great. I am gettng smaller but it is not showing up on the scales. That I'm used to but it is also not showing up in the stats on my body fat, water, & muscle which I don't get. All I know is my size 10 pants are really baggy on me now??????????????? Anyway, just thought I'd check in.

Hi Ruby - sounds like progress to me!! Another 2 mos and I'll see you in Indy!! We can compare notes and munch some good stuff - NO FUDGE!!!
although it sure was tasty
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #864
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Friday bump for where is everyone?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #865
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I'm getting fat! Actually I've been on relentless travel this year. Haven't been to the gym in almost 3 months now, and it's all I can do just to maintain my weight. Seems like everyone else is doing fairly well though. Everyone mostly hit their summertime goals?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #866
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Friday bump for where is everyone?

I'm still here at it as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'm getting fat! Actually I've been on relentless travel this year. Haven't been to the gym in almost 3 months now, and it's all I can do just to maintain my weight. Seems like everyone else is doing fairly well though. Everyone mostly hit their summertime goals?

Sometimes life happens.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #867
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Alright CFD I need some help recomping my diet.

Need to adjust down. Sitting at this 218-219. I Think I need to cut down to ~1500-1600 calories a day. What are your thoughts? Sitting at about 15% body fat now.
Currently here I am

Meal 1- 5 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal + fruit = 350 calories
Workout
Meal 2- post workout- 250 calories/ 50 grams protein 5 grams carb some fat
Meal 3- 6 oz chicken , some carb. only adding siracha sauce no cheese etc.
roughly 500 calories a meal

Meal 4- 6 oz chicken - probably 100-150 calories of vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions etc. All steamed of course.

Roughly 400 calories.

Is this too little?

I am using Jim stoppani's 6 week cut workout, "again" as it has helped me tremendously. Also do about 2 mile a day of cardio.

Any suggestions you may have? I feel like this is not working, also my cravings are through the roof but I have suppressed them thus far.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #868
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Alright CFD I need some help recomping my diet.

Need to adjust down. Sitting at this 218-219. I Think I need to cut down to ~1500-1600 calories a day. What are your thoughts? Sitting at about 15% body fat now.
Currently here I am

Meal 1- 5 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal + fruit = 350 calories
Workout
Meal 2- post workout- 250 calories/ 50 grams protein 5 grams carb some fat
Meal 3- 6 oz chicken , some carb. only adding siracha sauce no cheese etc.
roughly 500 calories a meal

Meal 4- 6 oz chicken - probably 100-150 calories of vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onions etc. All steamed of course.

Roughly 400 calories.

Is this too little?

I am using Jim stoppani's 6 week cut workout, "again" as it has helped me tremendously. Also do about 2 mile a day of cardio.

Any suggestions you may have? I feel like this is not working, also my cravings are through the roof but I have suppressed them thus far.

That seems a little low. When cals are cut to much for any length of time fat loss halts. You could add another small meal or two. Another thing I'm seeing that is very important is that there is minimal if any fat in your diet. The only place I see it is post workout and I'm assuming that is the fat in the whey protein you are using. You should be consuming about 20% of your cals from healthy fats, this is very important for fat loss as well as general health. Although your meals are about right cal wise the macro's are important.

Do you know how many cals you are currently consuming ?