Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Nice.. I'm surprised you guys was able to torque every one of those bolts down. I couldn't get to some of them with my big arse tq wrench and had to go by feel. I don't have any leaks after 10k miles still, but would like to check some of those bolts one day just to be sure. Just don't know what I have to use to torque some of those bolts down. Got any pic of the tools used?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Good job cat.....doing this work on your own without air tools is a pain for sure.
Thank - you Blade, Yep I now looking into a couple air tools for sure, to help me out with some other routine car jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan View Post
Can't wait for the videos
I did some videos today at 4pm. I was home and in the middle of loading those to prep for the forums, when I got a phone call from a friend of mine who couldn't use his Detroit Red wing tickets and wanted to know if I wanted them. Didn't take long for me to say HELLL YES. So I left the house at 6 pm with my son to meet his wife and get the tickets for the game. By the way they won 5 - 0. GREAT GAME.

So the videos might get loaded tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
I just installed my ARH LT's yesterday and it took my my dad and I about the same amount of time. I already had Doug Thorley shorties so there was plenty of room to get to all the bolts. I think it was easiest to remove and install the bottom bolts while being underneath the car and the top bolts while working from up top. Great write up!
AWESOME spending some quality time with your DAD. Yes, I agree the bottom bolts from the bottom and the top bolts from above.

And Thank - you for the compliment on the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
is welding required for installing the headers?

Long tube no.............Shorties, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Depends on the header obx is no. Dt shorties however need welding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Nice.. I'm surprised you guys was able to torque every one of those bolts down. I couldn't get to some of them with my big arse tq wrench and had to go by feel. I don't have any leaks after 10k miles still, but would like to check some of those bolts one day just to be sure. Just don't know what I have to use to torque some of those bolts down. Got any pic of the tools used?

Thank - you
Torque wrench. I knew we forgot something......Went by feel only. There is no room to get a torque wrench in there and tighten these bolts. Hell I had a tough enough time getting the tools I was using in there just to tighten them down. I have no leaks. I will be checking them again after 100 miles just to be sure too.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #17
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
Ive had my OBX LTs for months now and havent got around to install. Just trying to do it with a buddy also without air tools. This write up should be really helpful! just curious about those O2 sensors. How much and where should I get them?? I'm trying to install hopefully this weekend. Or i know a guy who will do it for 100 and could save me the pain. but then what am i learning!? ha
CTUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTUnlimited View Post
Ive had my OBX LTs for months now and havent got around to install. Just trying to do it with a buddy also without air tools. This write up should be really helpful! just curious about those O2 sensors. How much and where should I get them?? I'm trying to install hopefully this weekend. Or i know a guy who will do it for 100 and could save me the pain. but then what am i learning!? ha

http://www.racetronix.biz/searchresult.asp

I ordered from here, paid the extra for the faster shipping. They were at my door the next day. Now that was fast.

Knowing you did the work yourself is self satisfaction to me.

Good Luck, Looking forward to what you do and what you think of them afterwords.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Great write up should help many that want to self install.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I've been waiting for your write up rtcatman because I knew you'd write it up with great thought and detail!

I'll be saving this thread for reference in the future in case I ever go with LTs.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the sound and the power.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Great write up should help many that want to self install.
Thank - you, wanted to give a little heads up to those who are thinking about installing a set of LT headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I've been waiting for your write up rtcatman because I knew you'd write it up with great thought and detail!

I'll be saving this thread for reference in the future in case I ever go with LTs.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the sound and the power.

Thank - you. Took a little while to put all of that together, but thought it hopefully help people wanting to do the install someday.

Power: most defiantly you can tell the difference.

Sound: yes defiantly louder, to the point I am ordering a Magnaflow resonated X pipe and going to replace the stock H pipe section. There is to much rasp and annoying sounds in the 2500 to 3000 rpm range at WOT. From what I have been reading and asking others is that the X pipe will help tone this down. Well worth it for me to try.

Last edited by rtcat600man; 01-17-2012 at 06:40 PM.
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Thank - you, wanted to give a little heads up to those who are thinking about installing a set of LT headers.

Thank - you. Took a little while to put all of that together, but thought it hopefully help people wanting to do the install someday.

Power: most defiantly you can tell the difference.

Sound: yes defiantly louder, to the point I am ordering a Magnolia resonated X pipe and going to replace the stock H pipe section. There is to much rasp and annoying sounds in the 2500 to 3000 rpm range at WOT. From what I have been reading and asking others is that the X pipe will help tone this down. Well worth it for me to try.
What the hell is a magnolia x pipe? LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
great write-up!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What the hell is a magnolia x pipe? LOL

A FUBAR in the spell checker. I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
great write-up!

Thank - you
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #25
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Thank - you to all those who have helped me out the past couple days on making my decision to order the Magnaflow resonated X pipe to help tone down the rasp. It should be here in a few days. Install within a couple weeks.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Videos have been posted on the first post.

Thank - you for taking the time to check them out.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #27
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Looking forward to your results with the res X. Thanks for the videos
Old 01-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Alright so how long did it take lol. I know how long it took me and my cousin to do it

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote