Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
huntrik

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
detailing supplies...any thoughts?

I just got my car last weekend and then went on a 1000 mile road trip this weekend. CAR WASH time! I refuse to take my car anywhere and let them F it up like they have done with my 06' Z71 countless times. I'm just wondering if there is a must have item maybe for wheels and tires or dash and seats that I should know about before heading down to Autozone and just grabbing something off the shelf.

Wheels:
Tires:
Dash:
Leather Seats:

I just picked up some Microfiber towels, my dad swears buy them and all his hot rods look great.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Hunt
Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Adamspolishes.com all of the products are great. I would recommend taking a look at the site I have over $500 worth of stuff from them and I love it all. They also have a 110% guarantee so if you're not happy they'll give you more money than you paid. The Detail Spray is definitely the best item because it's just amazing but so is everything they have.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Ajaxx
Cantafordit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Zaino in my opinion is the best
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I just started using Surf City Garage products. Impressed so far.
http://www.surfcitygarage.com/
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Look in this section.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

And not all microfiber towels are made equal. Don't buy the ones made in China. Check out Adam's and Zaino products.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
What I use for the four things you mentioned:
Wheels: Z7 car wash soap.
Tires: Z16 tire dressing.
Dash: California mini duster (regular dustings keeps my dash clean).
Leather Seats: Z9 leather cleaner and Z10 leather conditioner.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
SILVER79

Drives: SILVER
ZAINO, the ultimate shine, and a lot cheaper then $500.

You can get an entire kit for $84.70, ZKIT-1

www.zainostore.com
SILVER79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
You're going to get a bunch of different answers to this question. Kind of like asking 'whats the best hamburger?'

I can make some recommendations from our line if you're interested, do you have a budget you're trying to stick to?
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I love my mothers kit! Detail spray is the bomb for between regular washings.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
eric@thompson
Account Suspended

Drives: GMC Sierra
PM me your mailing address and I'll get you some samples of the good stuff!
eric@thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@thompsonracing.us View Post
PM me your mailing address and I'll get you some samples of the good stuff!
Definitely do this ^^^^

Adam's is IMO the best out there and if he's gonna let you try it for free, don't miss that.

I know you said you wanna grab stuff off the shelf at Autozone, but I really would advise against that. The OTC products you can buy in stores like that are simply not of the same quality.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I would go with Adam's products. I used to be a Meguiar's guy until I started doing research on Adam's. I was more than impressed with their products. I drove to Atlanta to see the detail clinic The Junkman was doing with Adam's products. It was well worth the 6 hour drive.

Check out the Adam's site. It is more than informative.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
I highly recommend going with Adams. I used to have to wash my car once a week because I could never keep it from getting dirty (my car is always outside). Once I started using Adam's products and following their videos my car will look great for 2 weeks.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
From a person who doesn't take anything at face value.

I had never "really" detailed anything before I bought my Camaro. Sure, I thought I was but really I was just cleaning it and messing up the paint. SO when I got my Camaro I tried a couple of products but I still got " Spider Webs" ( Swirls and Scratches) all over my car. Trust me I babied it, no rain, no mud a garage queen.

Then one day the ole Junkman posted his video series and I realized why I was getting swirls and how to get rid of them. Now that I know how I got them in the first place I know how not to get them anymore and if by chance I do I know how to get them gone, Well I'm learning as I think you always learn that.

Anyway I say that to say this. I use Adam's Products now. Why you ask? For a few reasons.

1 is their products work. Are they better than other companies? I have no clue, but I do know that they work as advertised and that is good enough for me.

2. They have a 110% money back guarantee, no questions asked, you don't like it they buy it back. No fine print, no questions asked, SIMPLE.

3. Their products are American Made. Nuff Said.

4. Probably the biggest reason is customer service so let me explain this one. Like I said I had never done this before, EVER. This is not something that you just do, you have to learn how to do it to be really good at it if you want the results like I do. It takes practice, techniques, patience and experience.

Adam's has a forum that you can go to and the members are more than willing to always help. Adam's staff will bend over backwards to help you anytime with any problems, questions or really any dumb thing you might want to know, Trust me I ask alot of dumb things and they have NEVER treated me bad, always friendly, nice and courteous.

If by an off chance any Adams staff makes a mistake, is out of a product you order they always make it right.

I am not saying that any other company is better or worse than Adam's products but these are my reasons why I buy Adam's and will continue to do so.
Adam's also puts on detail clinics free of charge, show up and learn, use his stuff and actually learn what to do on your car since each car has different challenges.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote