Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #169
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
for 2012 a hp increase may look good on paper but really does noting for the camaro enthusiast, what gm needs to do is offer real performance parts, give us cold air intakes headers, superchargers, cams, suspension upgrades, gears, with warranty and sell then as packages, what people want is OME quality and warranty. This increase in hp is worthless, because Ford can do the same plus they offer real performance parts with some warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
It is blatantly obvious that you are incorrect and are unwilling to recognize a botched run against your clean run. Your car is much slower than a 5.0 or 2010 GT.

Post the timeslips you are talking about.
Why don't you two take this to the mega mustang thread?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #170
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
It is blatantly obvious that you are incorrect and are unwilling to recognize a botched run against your clean run. Your car is much slower than a 5.0 or 2010 GT.

Post the timeslips you are talking about.
He said a win is a win....thus he recognized the botched run. Read carefully.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #171
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
for 2012 a hp increase may look good on paper but really does noting for the camaro enthusiast, what gm needs to do is offer real performance parts, give us cold air intakes headers, superchargers, cams, suspension upgrades, gears, with warranty and sell then as packages, what people want is OME quality and warranty. This increase in hp is worthless, because Ford can do the same plus they offer real performance parts with some warranty.
Amen brotha.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #172
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No, he did not. There was no talk of driver skill or mistakes.

He also goes on to say 'The cars are worthless unless they are upgraded right from the factory!' which is another false statement.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #173
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Though I'm seven pages late -- I really don't think the SS "needs" a power bump...but heck, I'm not gonna say no!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #174
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Quote:
No, he did not. There was no talk of driver skill or mistakes.

He also goes on to say 'The cars are worthless unless they are upgraded right from the factory!' which is another false statement.
Actually I did, if you read carefully I was talking about the factory tires. The mustang DOES NOT hold well on the track with stock tires! That is all I was talking about and a WIN is a WIN! I know the 5.0 on the street would beat me, I'm not stupid, but at the track it couldn't, that is all I was saying! You are getting awfully butt hurt.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:16 AM   #175
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
EDIT: C5 is screwing up, and my bad...didn't know this thing was killed a few days ago
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #176
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Could you imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
I wondered how long it would take Alrox to get in here and dispel these RUMORS. I don't disagree with him though...this could be the Challenger V10 thread re-hashed all over again. I don't really care one way or the other, I have 2011, so any future change likely doesn't mean anything to me.
What if the Mustang had 376 cubic inches remember it only has 302
Credit where credit is due getting that much performance out of
5 litres is an acomplishment. I love my 010 ss/rs but the mustang with it's considerable lighter body would take over.
Chevy has to step up and add a few more ponys I know they can do it
this engine has enormous potential. I hope they don't do what they did with the V6 just add more HP on paper
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #177
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMonte View Post
What if the Mustang had 376 cubic inches remember it only has 302
Credit where credit is due getting that much performance out of
5 liters is an accomplishment. I love my 010 ss/rs but the mustang with it's considerable lighter body would take over.
Chevy has to step up and add a few more ponys I know they can do it
this engine has enormous potential. I hope they don't do what they did with the V6 just add more HP on paper
I know that the 5.0 is great engine compared to the modular 4.6 engines before it but you cannot dismiss the technology that went into the LS based engine's that's in the camaro. Yes ford did a good job but they had no choice, seeing as how gm was already promoting the 400 hp plus then concept camaro.

Ford decided over a decade earlier to go with overhead cam small displacement V8 compared to gm's decision to overhead valve cam in block large displacement V8. We all know the LS engines have a high ceiling for mods to achieve high hp reliable without breaking the bank compared to extracting big hp from ohc engines, you can do it but it will cost you much more. With every thing being equal the mustang's only advantage over the camaro is it's lower weight. That will be resolved with the new 6th Gen. alpha based camaro. Power to weight ratio and being able to hook it up will win you races. I've seen a lot of mustangs at the track running LS engines and not mod motors over the years, they must know something. The LS engines are just as world class as the 5.0 engines, we get it done with more cubes instead of multiple valves and multiple cams.

We can easily and very reasonable make more hp but just remember gm will respond. Remember when the camaro back in the day had more power and was faster than the mustang but the mustang sold more car's. Now the camaro has the style and performance and that is why it is selling more.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #178
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
2012 Camaro SS Power Bump.

I do not see what all the fuss is all about. Cause from what MOST I have seen, read, heard. Most Camaro owners don't keep one thing stock. So I don't see how a power bump is going to help? And Whether that 5.0 makes the power it makes. It has TWO cams and FOUR valves per cylinder. While the Camaro has... a single cam and only 2 valves per cylinder. Just imagine the trouble Ford would have if GM says "well shoot ford can do it, why cant we?" and the Camaro receives two cams and four valves per cylinder Not saying GM is and would ever do this to the LS family.... But just imagine the sh*t Ford would be barried in.
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #179
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
I do not see what all the fuss is all about. Cause from what MOST I have seen, read, heard. Most Camaro owners don't keep one thing stock. So I don't see how a power bump is going to help? And Whether that 5.0 makes the power it makes. It has TWO cams and FOUR valves per cylinder. While the Camaro has... a single cam and only 2 valves per cylinder. Just imagine the trouble Ford would have if GM says "well shoot ford can do it, why cant we?" and the Camaro receives two cams and four valves per cylinder Not saying GM is and would ever do this to the LS family.... But just imagine the sh*t Ford would be barried in.
It's rumored that the next gen ls V8's will come in both ohv and dohc versions
and also most importantly direct injection.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #180
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
This site is full of clucking hens. Lol.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #181
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
It's rumored that the next gen ls V8's will come in both ohv and dohc versions
and also most importantly direct injection.
oh sheesh.. ford is done before the battle begun
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #182
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
oh sheesh.. ford is done before the battle begun
Number of valves and cams is irrelevant...it all depends on "how you use it".