Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 05-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Moving to Bremerton area.

Hey everyone, I got orders to the USS Nimitz out in Bremerton and have to report no later than 22 May so I'll be making the cross country drive over the next few weeks. Thought I'd pop in and say hi and see if anyone had any advice or anything. I know I'm not the only Navy guy on here too so I figured I'd see who else is on here. I'll be driving from Charleston, SC so it's quite a trek. I've never done that much driving in so little time so I'm excited and scared all in one. Anyways, the name is Corey and maybe I'll see you guys/gals in a few weeks.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
Welcome to the Northwest . The summers are great here . There are a few Camaro groups around . Check out Pacific Northwest Camaro Club , Western Washington 5th Gen .
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
Hey everyone, I got orders to the USS Nimitz out in Bremerton and have to report no later than 22 May so I'll be making the cross country drive over the next few weeks. Thought I'd pop in and say hi and see if anyone had any advice or anything. I know I'm not the only Navy guy on here too so I figured I'd see who else is on here. I'll be driving from Charleston, SC so it's quite a trek. I've never done that much driving in so little time so I'm excited and scared all in one. Anyways, the name is Corey and maybe I'll see you guys/gals in a few weeks.
If you are on Facebook, the western Washington 5th gen camaro club is there. It is a closed group but you can do a join request. One of our admins, lives in the Bremerton area and her spouse is retired navy. Have a safe drive.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Hi there! You'll sure love summer out here! We moved from GA with the Navy and stayed :-)

Check out the local 5th gen group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/west...ingtoncamaro5/
Old 05-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Made that drive myself in 1996 and then the drive back in 2000. Really loved the Silverdale area.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Welcome to Western WA! The Kitsap Peninsula is a great place to live.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:58 AM   #7
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I live in Bremerton as well. Drive past the shipyard everyday on my way to work. The cops in this area love to give people a hard time about no front plates, got 3 before I got a front plate holder. Other than that, it's a real nice area. Hope to see you around soon!

I will be the blacked out SS with Klingon writing everywhere.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #8
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
Keachj06

Drives: 15 SS,13 Duc Panigale
welcome, I made that drive back in 2012 from NH over here , summers are nice here... that's about it lol, its hard to keep a car clean out here always raining or hazy and well the drivers here seem to have received their license in a fruit loop box, since ive been here ive put about 3000 miles on my motorcycle because of weather, kitsap county is the only county that doesn't mandate emissions everywhere else in the surrounding areas will if that's a concern for you, front license plate is an issue , sales tax is about 10% hope you don't plan on buying a vehicle out here, also they made me get Washington plates after 30 days even though I transferred here. Bremerton police love to generate revenue when they can the state patrol is not a problem really, overall try and enjoy your time here and I mean really try , I transfer here in a few months thankfully and couldn't be happier. as far a tuner hope your ready to drive a bit because I have yet to hear or find any good things for tuners on this side of the water as well as the dealerships.
Keachj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #10
Pflyn lo

Have you arrived yet?
Old 05-17-2015, 11:14 AM   #11
banter

Down in Oregon currently, I'll be in Bremerton Monday and reporting to the command Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #12
Pflyn lo

Quote:
Down in Oregon currently, I'll be in Bremerton Monday and reporting to the command Tuesday.

Ok. Welcome to the pcnw. To bad your not here tho, we are doing a cruise on Saturday from the Bremerton are. About 20 plus cars and two hour cruise to hurricane ridge.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
banter

Reported to the command today, may be able to do a cruise saturday. Things are kind of hectic right now but hopefully it will all be straightened out by then. Car needs a wash though, really bad.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #14
Pflyn lo

Quote:
Reported to the command today, may be able to do a cruise saturday. Things are kind of hectic right now but hopefully it will all be straightened out by then. Car needs a wash though, really bad.

If you can join us, we are meeting at the Purdy park and ride at 9 am. Heading east on hwy 16 towards Tacoma.