Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #15
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
You left your car with someone else?! HAHA! Your honestly asking them to go and drive the thing, I mean, come on, your not around. Just around a block or two won't hurt right? A few unnoticeable rock-chips here and there, no harm done right?

Do yourself a favor, LEARN to detail your own car. If you have as much love for this car as I do, I'd never leave it in the hands of another man, including the dealer, without supervision, YOUR SUPERVISION. Once I learned to detail my car, I couldn't think of bringing it to another man. I can be proud of my work, it's free, and if any damage is incured to the car, I know it's because of my own doing. When I detail my car, it takes me 12+ hours to give it the high class works; washing, drying, claying, washing again, drying, polishing, applying wax, then interior cleaning, engine bay cleaning, exhaust. I clean the entire car. If you don't want to get these panic attacks, learn to do it yourself, it can actually be fun, and if your good enough even make YOU some money.

I bet when you get the car back, it's going to look great though, .....until you see the swirl marks they've added, which only can be seen when you cock your head to the side when your cars exposed to light. Just kidding, hehe, if you left it with them, I hope they know what they're doing.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
dont get it detailed?

Seriously, why would it need to be cleaned that good, just spray it down or run it through the auto wash.
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #17
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Solution? Detail your own car.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Got it back. As far as why get it detailed? It wasn't fully clean when I got it from the dealer, and just wanted to give it the full-meal deal, far better than I could have done. From this point on, I'll be doing my own work on it. And, milage was same, so I feel much better now
Old 02-09-2010, 05:09 AM   #19
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
glad to hear all went well, a trust thing is very hard these days
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
glad to hear all went well, a trust thing is very hard these days
Amen!
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #21
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
Good to see that the detail went well!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
AaronE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Its not the detailers that you have to worry about, its valet parking services that are bad. I had a few friends who valeted in high school and college, after hearing some of their stories about the things they did in cars, I will NEVER valet EVER lol!
AaronE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #23
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Same here I get paranoid...I cant let it get out of my sight...did that today for 3 hours and when i came back it wasnt humans that did stuff to my car it was the STUPID BIRDS!!!! I literally had 13 big poop spots on my car washed it as soon as i got home otherwise it leaves marks...I wonder how many birds it took to do that...also makes wonder what the hell do they eat? And y my car? all the others around me didnt have any poop on them...

Someone once told me that blue cars or really shiny black ones look like water to birds so they are more inclined to poop on them. I didnt think birds preferred to poop in water but it made sense at the time?

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #24
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Got it back. As far as why get it detailed? It wasn't fully clean when I got it from the dealer, and just wanted to give it the full-meal deal, far better than I could have done. From this point on, I'll be doing my own work on it. And, milage was same, so I feel much better now
Take any pics?
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #25
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
Take any pics?
It was dark when I got home, so no. And, I've driven it a bit since then so it isn't pristine anymore.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

How do you know they didn't put it up on jack stands and run it in reverse to bring the mileage back to where it was when they got it?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #27
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
This post cracks me up cause this was the first thing I did when I dropped mine off at the body shop last week.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
Dowgg123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
This post cracks me up cause this was the first thing I did when I dropped mine off at the body shop last week.

HAHAHA That's Great!!!!!!
Dowgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote