Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #85
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Time to bring out the felt ropes. Or barbed wire. Maybe an electric fence. zzzzzap.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #86
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
it is a car "show not a car feel."
it is not meant to be a physically interactive event.
Fixed.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #87
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse View Post
So I am at a car show standing down about 6 cars from my Camaro talking to another owner and see some dude leaning over the front of my car with his hands resting on the inside of my engine bay looking at something. I start to walk down there and he reaches up and puts both hands on top of my hood and starts to close it, I assume to look at my hood spears. I get there and say "Hey don't touch the car, you can look all you want but there is no reason to put your hands on it." His wife calls me a jerk and they walk on. Seriously, is there a need to touch somebody's car? Does this happen at all car shows?
well your a nicer guy then me cause I would have been not as nice with the guy and when his wife opened her mouth I probably would have answered back with B*#ch
Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #88
vafinest25

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
Yea I agree with most there is no need to touch the car. Most people at shows have a sign that says "do not touch" . But if they do I sternly ask them to please don't touch.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #89
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
I'll tell you a few of my bad experiences at car shows.
1. Found people leaning on the side, few scratches.
2. Little kids with greasy fingers drawing stick figures on my door, parents were right next to them yet did nothing. I never wanted to punt a kid like a football so bad in my life before.
3. Would walk back from looking at other cars to find someone sitting in my car, or popping the hood up.
4. Car in the show parked next to me, and swung his door open right into the side of my car.
5. Saw someone lightly kicking/taping the tire with their foot for some reason..

Any scratches I received where all easily buffed out, and the guy who door-dinged me paid for the repairs (ended up being a $2,500 repair). Dudes lucky he had insurance.

With all that, I still go to shows. I like winning trophies.