Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Eibach Multi Pro R1 Coil Over Shocks Question?

Is anyone using this Eibach Multi Pro R1 coil over shock system for your Camaro, & if you have were you satisfied with the Quality & performance?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
LonDowell

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I just picked up a set. Should be here Monday and I intend to do the install myself. Will let you know how it goes. Eibach told me they have discontinued these, but will maintain the warranties and assist with any repairs.

Did you purchase? If not, look at Amazon. I got an amazing deal...
LonDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Orange 2010 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonDowell View Post
I just picked up a set. Should be here Monday and I intend to do the install myself. Will let you know how it goes. Eibach told me they have discontinued these, but will maintain the warranties and assist with any repairs.

Did you purchase? If not, look at Amazon. I got an amazing deal...
Lon,

Thanks for the update on the Eibach Multi Pro R1 system. You have basically the same Camaro that I have. Mine is a 2010 2SS/RS L99 inferno orange car with only 10,000 mi. on the clock! I recently added 19 in. BBS wheels ,& now need to lower it at least 1.5 in.

Please let me know ASAP as to the quality of the system, & how well it performs. Good luck with the install. Take your time & you won't have any problems! I have installed two other systems from Pfadt Racing on my 2003 ZO6 Corvette, as well as a 2010 Camaro. The key is to READ ALL the instructions, & take your time.

Make SURE the car is on a clean LEVEL surface, block up the car, either with 2 BY 12 boards, or with concrete blocks with a 2 BY 12 board sitting on top of them. DO NOT get under the car using only jack stands!

When I installed the other two systems, I lifted the cars just high enough to remove the wheels, blocked up the car, & then had an assistant apply the brakes to remove the front wheels. Also make sure you torque ALL of the bolts to the manufactures specifications.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions on the install.

All the best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Orange 2010 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange 2010 Camaro View Post
Lon,

Thanks for the update on the Eibach Multi Pro R1 system. You have basically the same Camaro that I have. Mine is a 2010 2SS/RS L99 inferno orange car with only 10,000 mi. on the clock! I recently added 19 in. BBS wheels ,& now need to lower it at least 1.5 in.

Please let me know ASAP as to the quality of the system, & how well it performs. Good luck with the install. Take your time & you won't have any problems! I have installed two other systems from Pfadt Racing on my 2003 ZO6 Corvette, as well as a 2010 Camaro. The key is to READ ALL the instructions, & take your time.

Make SURE the car is on a clean LEVEL surface, block up the car, either with 2 BY 12 boards, or with concrete blocks with a 2 BY 12 board sitting on top of them. DO NOT get under the car using only jack stands!

When I installed the other two systems, I lifted the cars just high enough to remove the wheels, blocked up the car, & then had an assistant apply the brakes to remove the front wheels. Also make sure you torque ALL of the bolts to the manufactures specifications.

All the best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
The car in the first set of pictures has front & rear tires using 45 & 50 aspect ratio tires.

I later changed the tires to a 35 aspect ratio side wall, & now need to lower the car at least 1.5 in.

All the best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Orange 2010 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange 2010 Camaro View Post
Lon,

All the best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Lon,

You can also get the FACTORY torque settings for the coilover install, if they are not included in the Eibach instructions for the control arm bolts, as well as many other of the factory bolts that you will need, by going to www.pfadtracing.com.

Just click on INSTALL/TECH at the top of the home page, & then click on the Camaro5 Feather Light Coilover Instructions.

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
LonDowell

Hi there! Sorry it has taken so long to respond! I finally had the R-1's installed yesterday... I had Hotchikis lowering springs on previously and loved them. The coilovers were going "Clunk" right out of the installer :-(

I adjusted the lower damping all the way stiff and back three clicks. Still problematic, just going over normal roads. I took it home and pulled the tires, and fouind the locking mechanisim was loose! I raised the car to approximately one inch below stock, tightened everything and tested. still a slight clunk at aggressive driving in the right rear. Corners GREAT, but I do not like the clunk. It appears that it is hitting the bumber stop.

I called Eibach and they said to remove the coilover and check the top cover area to see if it is hitting the car car up there. That is much work, but I will do so next weekend. I must say that I'm not too happy with the install right now...
Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I found the coils to be a little short. Should really use 9" and not 8" springs. I have the R2's and have to pull the fronts for rebuild at the moment. Eibach is super easy to deal with on that front though. Coil-overs in general will make more noise, that's why the car didn't come with them. Try coil-overs with full poly bushings and spherical end-links, not quiet, at all.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #8
Orange 2010 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonDowell View Post
Hi there! Sorry it has taken so long to respond! I finally had the R-1's installed yesterday... I had Hotchikis lowering springs on previously and loved them. The coilovers were going "Clunk" right out of the installer :-(

I adjusted the lower damping all the way stiff and back three clicks. Still problematic, just going over normal roads. I took it home and pulled the tires, and fouind the locking mechanisim was loose! I raised the car to approximately one inch below stock, tightened everything and tested. still a slight clunk at aggressive driving in the right rear. Corners GREAT, but I do not like the clunk. It appears that it is hitting the bumber stop.

I called Eibach and they said to remove the coilover and check the top cover area to see if it is hitting the car car up there. That is much work, but I will do so next weekend. I must say that I'm not too happy with the install right now...
Lon,

Did you ever get the (CLUNKING) problems resolved on the Eibach coil over shocks that you installed on your Camaro.

It looks like at this point I will probably be using the RideTech coil overs on my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro, with a $2100.00 price point,but have not ruled out using the Eibach set that you have.

It will probably be April before I install them,
do to the fact that I live in Indiana, & do not have a heated garage.

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro
Old 03-05-2015, 02:03 AM   #9
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
I had these R1 Eibachs on my car. I do not recommend them. Eibach probably discontinued them because they didn't bother to revise the setup to make it safe. The front end link tab brakes off and the front strut body is thin walled and to weak for the Camaro.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #10
LonDowell

I still have them on my car. I have been too busy to remove the suspected "clunker" as I don't drive that much. The noise is bugging me so I may remove it this weekend. If I find that there are marks on the top of the coil over, I will send the info to Eibach.

Not happy. I want to lower this thing, but any more and BANG BANG!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #11
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Just sent the rears back for leaking.... Replaced with the factory setup with BRM 1.4" drop springs, may stay that way....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote