Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Cuz I have alota miles!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #30
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Doesnt look good! The two places I had it apraised best offer was 17k not enough for me? I still love my car
Good call, wait a few years and a used SS will be $15,000.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
check the kelly blue book values and hold out for at least a good value, dealers will allways try to low ball you, i know i just traded my 2011 auto for a manual 2013 with all the options I originally wish I had on the ss. Look for one you gotta have with the options allready on it, or order it the way you want it...
Theres nothing like getting exactly what you want, and yes the manual feels like a real kick in the pants comapired to playing paddle shifter, and is easier to mod down the road. They allways want to sell you extended warranties also or other extras....If you have one you can use the refund to help the down payment. Good luck, check out my garage if you want, my wife and I love my new car 100% more than the last here in rainy Oregon.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
Doesnt look good! The two places I had it apraised best offer was 17k not enough for me? I still love my car
Contact Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet. She may be able to make the deal you need. Also have you thought about selling your car outright instead of trading?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the mods, sell as-is. I have traded in cars and they didn't even look under the hood nor drive it. Plus your V8 won't need a catch can (can't wait to hear all the vendors who sell them go off on me about that, again)

To me, there is nothing like a stock car equipped the way the engineers meant it to be. And the 2SS/RS Camaro is all the Camaro you need, that and a ragtop...
You need to stop telling people they do not need catch cans. You always say that in every catch can thread and you constantly get proven wrong.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Don't know your area but $17k sounds about right for trade in. Recommend selling yourself. Gen5's were holding value really good but I have noticed a drop recently. Though I heard that Sandy could change that again for used car values.

Good luck regardless of your final decision.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Thanks guys!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #36
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
You need to stop telling people they do not need catch cans. You always say that in every catch can thread and you constantly get proven wrong.
and
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I disagree, so there. It is now my favorite thing to do after slamming OnStar, even above slamming Sirius/XM. At least with them, you get something for it.

Hey, you and mostly all the ones selling the catch cans are all for it, fine and dandy. We agree to disagree. If you feel good about buying it, installing it and checking it regularly to scoop out a teaspoon of oil that would have flash burned off as designed makes you feel good, then the $180 price is worth every penny spent.

BTW, what kind of oil do you use and how often do you change it, has the catch can changed that?
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Good call, wait a few years and a used SS will be $15,000.
In 2020.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
In 2020.
We don't have that much time , remember 2012 ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #40
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
If you can do it trade up. Not much of a difference on insurance or gas. I have a SS and LT the insurance difference is $8 bucks a month and it doesn't burn that much more than the V6.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #41
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
My insurance actually went down a few bucks when I traded. Insurance company said it was because of the security and added safety features of the SS.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #42
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
If you can do it trade up. Not much of a difference on insurance or gas. I have a SS and LT the insurance difference is $8 bucks a month and it doesn't burn that much more than the V6.

It is also based on your driving record, how many vehicles you own, how many policies you have and YOUR CREDIT SCORE. Get a quote in writing from your insurance agent first.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote