Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
WTH is this?! I hate this Car!

Guys, I honestly am getting sick and tired of this stupid car. Constantly at the fn dealer for everything. So ill explain what happened today since you guys are probably confused.
Driving the car home, bring the rpms up to about 6000rpm and let off, all i see is the RPM gauges start clicking on the way down. It wasnt the normal sweeping motion but damn clicking on the way down. Now it did this lasy year on the year end cruise. But I noticed it was doing it when the car did the sweep motion on start up. So figured maybe it was just the stupid gauges and nothing mechanical.
Anyways the problem went away, but guess it came back.
Dont know if its a mechanical thing or not.
Now I know everyone is going to say bring it to the dealer, but now I have to put the car back to stock before I bring it in plus make an appointment, and I have a sad feeling that the car will act normal when its there Anyways I got it on video. Going to see what Bmore thinks of it and hopefully he can post it up for me.

Honestly, really sick of all the problems. It just came out of dealer for heated seats and blown speakers (bass has never been over 0) and has to go back to get driver heated seat fixed. Now this

Do I need to take the spacer off?
And anyone know if anything mechanical can cause the rpms to drop like that? Misfires or anything? Car is throwing no codes or anything

Also one last question, Ever since I installed the spacer, I noticed that some times, not all the time, but sometimes under WOT, the car seems to pull and then suddenly dip around 5500rpm and then all of a sudden power comes back.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Well obviously, the sudden dip is when the car shifts gears (auto), lol, jk.
lol no but seriously, I wonder what it is, its just happens once in a while. Its as if you let off the throttle and then hit it again. Wierd
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
RANGERGOD
IDBZ M.C.

Drives: 12' IOM, 2SS, LS3
Either fuel delivery, voltage related or ECM in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
You have it on video you say?

Post it up.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
TJ91

Where did this get moved? And don't have a YouTube account to post it :( I can email it if someone can post it
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Weeeeeeellll there's always the Honda Accord coupe. FWD, torque steer, nerdy looks but bullet proof reliability. All my Hondas have been reliable, trouble free partners. Only problem is they're boring as all get out. Except for the TSX. That was a fun car.

I've had a few issues with my Camaro. Power steering pump went out, driver's seat frame had to be replaced, heated seats went out and about the time I took it in for that, the problem fixed itself they of course found no issues and it's been fine ever since. Driver's window kicks back down sometimes when I'm rolling both windows up after the car is turned off. And oh yeah, the motor went kaput.

I guess my point is I have never once had a complete stranger come up and say "Wow, nice Honda." Those 3 words will never live in the same sentence together, ever. Lol. In the words of John Candy from the movie Splash. "Nobody ever said love is perfect." I love my Maro...warts and all. Hope you can get this sorted out. I seriously doubt the mechanics would even notice the 9mm height difference on your IM. Just put your engine cover back on.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Man I completely understand, I honestly will probably NEVER get another Chevy ...I know this will probably piss off some of you die hard Chevy Guy's ....but tuff.
I have always had Ford's, my first car was a mustang and my last car before I got the camaro was a f250 .....NEVER had any issues with them.
Last year I decided to get my first Chevy, and bought my beautiful 2011 SIM 1LT RS..
Car was right off the truck ...I was extremely happy.
4 weeks later started having problems with my passenger side window ...two weeks after that the driverside window .....the first 6 months I had the car, it was in the shop about 6 times.
um, I am not a genius ....but put two and two together and anybody can see these cars are made like shit .....I don't know how Chevy spent our bailout money, but it wasn't on quality control.
so when it was time to get my wife a new car 3 months ago ......we went straight to Ford.
....but I absolutely love the way this car looks and drives, and will continue to mod and have fun with this car ........but as soon as Ford's design team gets their act together and puts out a good looking mustang, I will be ditching this Chevy quick
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
No need to bash Chevy over a few bad eggs. It's not like ford or how ever didn't make a car that never broke. If you want cheap then go back to the fords. Just saying this is a Chevy Camaro site even thoe I feel bad for your lemon there is no need for the extra bashing. I get it you hate your car. Ive had my car sins jun23 09 and it's been the best car I've ever bought.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
TJ91

Never said I was going to go JDM lol my brother has a stang and we've had no problems. Actually we have always had two fords, two Chevys. The Chevys would always be at dealer. And Ford never gave us problems until about 160000plus and then the tranny would give
I love my car. The design, the feel, but who the f pays to have a car sit at the dealer most of the time?
Honestly. I think we love these cars too much so we put aside the bullshit.
Our fords are running strong. I'm no fanboy. I would just love my car if I didn't have to bring it to the dealer every two weeks. Believe this has always been my dream car. But the list of problems I have gets to you afterwards
And thanks man will email the video
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktip View Post
Man I completely understand, I honestly will probably NEVER get another Chevy ...I know this will probably piss off some of you die hard Chevy Guy's ....but tuff.
I have always had Ford's, my first car was a mustang and my last car before I got the camaro was a f250 .....NEVER had any issues with them.
Last year I decided to get my first Chevy, and bought my beautiful 2011 SIM 1LT RS..
4 weeks later started having problems with my passenger side window ...two weeks after that the driverside window .....the first 6 months I had the car, it was in the shop about 6 times.
um, I am not a genius ....but put two and two together and anybody can see these cars are made like shit .....I don't know how Chevy spent our bailout money, but it wasn't on quality control.
so when it was time to get my wife a new car 3 months ago ......we went straight to Ford.
....but I absolutely love the way this car looks and drives, and will continue to mod and have fun with this car ........but as soon as Ford's design team gets their act together and puts out a good looking mustang, I will be ditching this Chevy quick
2.34 million hits!

https://www.google.com/search?q=I+hate+my+Mustang!&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
No need to bash Chevy over a few bad eggs. It's not like ford or how ever didn't make a car that never broke. If you want cheap then go back to the fords. Just saying this is a Chevy Camaro site even thoe I feel bad for your lemon there is no need for the extra bashing. I get it you hate your car. Ive had my car sins jun23 09 and it's been the best car I've ever bought.
Relax dude, didn't meen to hurt you're feelings ...honest
I know Ford isn't the best ...I'm just strictly speaking from MY EXPERIENCE.
like I said before, this is my first Chevy ....so put yourself in my shoes.
look, I honestly love this car ...and am sure will continue to.
it is the best looking, best handling car I have ever had .....quality, well um...whatever
don't want to upset anymore die hard Chevy people
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktip View Post
And my car hasn't seen the inside of a dealer's service bay once since I picked it up but I "baby" it. Maybe your service manager has the hots for you and wants to see you come back?
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #13
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Luck of the draw ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
TJ91

Seriously guys?
Blacktip. Thanks for your help man. I guess we got Monday cars or something. I'll keep you posted bud. Video will be up soon