Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Advise on competitive mode??

Hi guys, I've been driving my 2SS for almost 2 weeks now.
I've played around with the traction controll off, and smoked the tires through first gear into second.

Has anyone played around in competitive mode, and what did you learn about the car when you did?

I want to try the competitive mode and have some questions before I try it.

1. While at a stop with clutch in, you floor the gas pedal. Do you hold it there for a split second, or can you leave it there for a few seconds before letting out the clutch?

2. When letting out the clutch should I let it out slow or fast?

3. Also when letting out the clutch should I let the pedal come up to that sweet spot 1/2 way up just before the car starts to move, or will that burn it a little.

4. Does anyone know what RPM I should see before I launch?

5. Is there anything I can do in this mode to hurt the drivetrain or the car other than loosing controll?

The car is so fun to drive in normal mode, now I want to see what it can really do.

Thanks
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I've not played with this either...just traction control off!

I know you have to let the clutch all the way out as I saw a post a bit ago about this and the guy didn't let the clutch out all the way...like, dragging the clutch along as you would normally do...he said that's not how you do it!

Dump it and the computer takes care of it!

I'll be out and looking at mine today now that the rain has ended...
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Has nobody played with it yet??
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I have it in my C6 and it turns the traction control off yet keeps the active handling turned on..

Active Handling attempts to control the car for a skid/spin condition by selectively applying the brakes on one or more wheels. It can not overcome the laws of physics. So, it is possible to spin the car even with AH turned on.

Traction Control will attempt to control wheelspin by applying the brakes and/or cutting back on the throttle and spark. It can take a moment or two for normal acceleration to resume after TC comes on.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #5
SSCamaro2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/rs
What is competitve mode?? Never heard of that. What does that have to do with traction control? If I get my car retuned does that get rid of competited mode. If traction is off does that mean competitive mode is off too??????
SSCamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
i would say keep your foot in it, its a electrical throttle so it will take care of its self
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
The Riz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I believe you are talking about the launch control that is activated by double tapping the TC button. I think Embalmer was the first to give that a try. He has some words of caution in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19608
The Riz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competitive mode, traction controll