Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Adjustable toe rods

I am in the market for some toe rods, just 2 many too choose from
I already installed the Pfadt solid subframe bushings and have not drove the car with these installed. Maybe over the weekend. Anyone switch to toe rods with rod ends and didn't like the noise they make?? I could live with some noise. I came across Lingenfelter units that are teflon lined rod ends. Any help some someone that is running rod ends in there toe rods would be great. Thanks.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
whiteline

-2016 Camaro SS- Hyper Blue
Vortech Supercharged
Duraflex Grid Widebody Kit
Carbon Creations GridCarbon Fiber
Custom InfiniteWerks Wheels
Kooks Full System
VeraAir Digital Air Suspension
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criag B View Post
I already installed the Pfadt solid subframe bushings and have not drove the car with these installed. Maybe over the weekend. Anyone switch to toe rods with rod ends and didn't like the noise they make?? I could live with some noise. I came across Lingenfelter units that are teflon lined rod ends. Any help some someone that is running rod ends in there toe rods would be great. Thanks.
The Lingenfelter arms have proven to be highly reliable.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
I suggest going with the Spohn Toe links Part # C10-605 with the Chrome Moly upgrade.

We have been using them for years on our JDP Camaro and they are holding up great!

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Craig B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Lingenfelter arms have proven to be highly reliable.
They sure look nice, just wondering if they transmit any road noise.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
JusticePete

All spherical joints transmit more noise than an OE rubber bushing. All spherical joints will rattle. It isn't a question of if. It is a matter of when. On a race car it doesn't matter. On a street car it only matters if the driver doesn't like rattles.

There isn't much information in your signature about your 5th Gen. Why are you lookig for adjustable toe links?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
Craig B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
All spherical joints transmit more noise than an OE rubber bushing. All spherical joints will rattle. It isn't a question of if. It is a matter of when. On a race car it doesn't matter. On a street car it only matters if the driver doesn't like rattles.

There isn't much information in your signature about your 5th Gen. Why are you lookig for adjustable toe links?
I really don't need adjustable. I don't think I will ever make any adjustments on my own. Just like rod ends I guess . Just got off the dyno and made 741 rwhp and installed some drag radials. The car is just a toy for the street and to bring to the track every now and then.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
JusticePete

Your 1LE already has sealed monoball joints in the OEM toe links so you won't have to spend a dime on them.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Craig B

Thanks Pete.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
We have our BMR adjustable toe rods with rod ends (TR004) that sound like they would be a very good option for you. We utilize QA1 XM series rod ends in these toe rods which are teflon lined so the added noise is minimal but the rod ends are a wearable item so as the mileage increase on them you will notice a little more noise. These are the same toe rods we use on our BMR 2010 Camaro shop car that runs 9.8x with 1.3X 60ft times so they will take anything you are going to throw at them.

A tubular toe rods is going to be much stronger and offer less deflection than your factory toe rods will so it would be something I would highly recommend especially considering how much power you are making.

BMR adjustable toe rods with rod ends (TR004)
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
We have our BMR adjustable toe rods with rod ends (TR004) that sound like they would be a very good option for you. We utilize QA1 XM series rod ends in these toe rods which are teflon lined so the added noise is minimal but the rod ends are a wearable item so as the mileage increase on them you will notice a little more noise. These are the same toe rods we use on our BMR 2010 Camaro shop car that runs 9.8x with 1.3X 60ft times so they will take anything you are going to throw at them.

A tubular toe rods is going to be much stronger and offer less deflection than your factory toe rods will so it would be something I would highly recommend especially considering how much power you are making.

BMR adjustable toe rods with rod ends (TR004)
I use these on my street-driven car and I did not notice ANY increase in road noise or NVH. They're an incredibly strong piece that certainly helped me get rid of the dreaded wheel hop.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote