Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
MORA84

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/M6 BLACK ON BLACK
Tuning question

Hello everyone. I need some help I bought some Borla LT Headers from a guy I know he also gave me his tuning file so I can downloaded onto a diablo predator. He had his car dyno tuned with those headers and the same K&N cai I have would it be safe to use the same file? His car was just like mine 2010 SS ls3.
Thanks in advance.
MORA84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
It will probably be as safe as it is for his car. Every car is potentially a little different so, your results may not be exactly the same but it should be close.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
If it's a canned tune, you should be fine as there all pretty conservative. If it's a custom dyno tune, I wouldn't run it. You never know just how aggressive or competent the tuner was. The tune was made for his car, not yours.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
MORA84

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1SS/M6 BLACK ON BLACK
Thanks guys. yes it is a dyno tune frome a pretty good tuner here on the forum. Im going to have to get a hole of CMS i want to put the LTs on asap and also do the tune
MORA84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Different brand cai's can require different maf scaling for proper fueling, and sometimes some engines differ in what they like as far as ignition timing too. Always good to get a custom cal for your car. Ryne at CMS can hook you up for sure.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote