Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
LOL at the dealer selling your old car for $5k more than you bought it new. Did they remove the splash guards, premium floor mats and polished wheels?

Wow, you put almost 500 miles a week on it.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rmMopar2MaroSS View Post
In my opinion it's a better built car...The Engine has a proven track history of Amazing performance, especially after mods change the canned BEAST, and when you compare the amount of 2010 Camaro 2SS for sale to 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 for sale...the Camaros are a dime a dozen. Again..everyone supports their decisions with their own reasoning. There couldn't be a less biased comparison than this...I'VE OWNED BOTH!
How is it a better built car?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Drives: Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
So you traded great quality, service and reliability for...a Dodge?

Not a choice I would make, but if it makes you happy, I sincerely wish you all the best!
Thanks...there's more Chevy dealers than dodge dealers here in STL, I would say I was happier with the Chevy dealers but I had a dodge Charger R/T 2008 and drove it from new to 55k miles and didn't have any major problems. AS far as quality I think dodge surpasses, service chevy is better, reliability I would say equal, but I made sure to get an awesome warranty just in case..
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #18
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
How is it a better built car?
I'm guessing here, but the reality is he bought a coupe based on a sedan platform. The Challenger is literally like 8 inches shorter than the Charger sedan.

The chassis is quite heavy, so it reduces the typical "sports car" feel to a more refined Buick like ride. It's also roomier, so it feels better while driving. Most of all, I'd wager he didnt like the suspension of the Camaro.

Almost 80% of the Challenger is found in the 300/Charger/Magnum vehicles, about the only thing really different is the transmissions (manuals) and the body parts. There are more parts of course, but most of its external, not internal.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #19
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
LOL at the dealer selling your old car for $5k more than you bought it new. Did they remove the splash guards, premium floor mats and polished wheels?

Wow, you put almost 500 miles a week on it.
Trust me I enjoyed it before getting rid of it! ROADTRIPS! and the dealership is trying to make a nice chunk of change....someone dumb will buy it...lol
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
bowtie628
Auto body and paint guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
i like both cars..
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
.someone dumb will buy it...lol
Again?

LOl, sorry I had to.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Let me say this....

It's your money, so you're free to do with it as you please.

I hope you enjoy your SRT8!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #23
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I'm guessing here, but the reality is he bought a coupe based on a sedan platform. The Challenger is literally like 8 inches shorter than the Charger sedan.

The chassis is quite heavy, so it reduces the typical "sports car" feel to a more refined Buick like ride. It's also roomier, so it feels better while driving. Most of all, I'd wager he didnt like the suspension of the Camaro.

Almost 80% of the Challenger is found in the 300/Charger/Magnum vehicles, about the only thing really different is the transmissions (manuals) and the body parts. There are more parts of course, but most of its external, not internal.
I would agree with all of that sir. The only thing I would add is that the Challenger seats feel like a Lazy boy chair and my camaro seats were quite uncomfortable. Better built... I would say yes! I got tired of bending down to get in, hitting my head on the ceiling, hearing road winds as I drove with the windows up, the crappy CD player and I also spoke to a friend who is a service advisor at Dodge and previously at Chevy...less claims of problems.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #24
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 that I am trying to sell so I can get a Camaro 2SS, too bad we didn't know each other we could have made a swap
I only have 14,000 miles on it and it is loaded with everything except the sub wolfer in the trunk, and is in immaculate condition...............................
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #25
coolman

What's with all the people that like to come on here just to say they traded there terrible camaro in on a Challenger or Mustang. Frankly who cares. Now go and enjoy it and stop trying to make yourself believe you made the right choice by coming on here and telling us all just how the camaro sucks and the challenger is much better.

Really, unless someone is really hell bent on the looks of the challenger It makes no sense to buy one over a camaro or a mustang for that matter. They are both far superior cars in every right and cost less when you consider that you have to buy an SRT-8 to even try to compete with either one.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The SRT-8 Jeep is the fastest SRT badged vehicle not named Viper....and it's got a sub 5 second 0-60....and a 1/4 mile that even the Corvette would be proud of..
I see that as quicker not faster...I can't see a Jeep with the same exact engine as faster. It may be quicker, but I consider a faster vehicle one that has more HP and MORE torque. That's just me though
Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #27
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
I see that as quicker not faster...I can't see a Jeep with the same exact engine as faster. It may be quicker, but I consider a faster vehicle one that has more HP and MORE torque. That's just me though
Jeep SRT-8 = 425hp/425ftlbs torque...

Same as the SRT-8 Challenger...
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #28
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
What's with all the people that like to come on here just to say they traded there terrible camaro in on a Challenger or Mustang. Frankly who cares. Now go and enjoy it and stop trying to make yourself believe you made the right choice by coming on here and telling us all just how the camaro sucks and the challenger is much better.

Really, unless someone is really hell bent on the looks of the challenger It makes no sense to buy one over a camaro or a mustang for that matter. They are both far superior cars in every right and cost less when you consider that you have to buy an SRT-8 to even try to compete with either one.
Frankly ...Everyone who posted a response cares in some way shape or form...lol, It's ok! I understand your anger. I am not attempting to justify my purchase! It was justified when I slammed on the pedal of the Chally and it threw my head back in the seat like a muscle car should as the tires screeeetched! Thanks for the response but no thanks! I didn't BASH the camaro in any way.. I respect both cars, but obviously there's more PROs to the Chally that I listed that the camaro doesn't have/offer. By the way...that reminds me...I forgot PUSH button start.. (NO KEY)

Tags
2ss, challenger, hemi, mopar, srt8