Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Nice looking ride and I love the 18s. I dropped down to 18s last year and I'm running the same size rear that you are.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Nice looking ride and I love the 18s. I dropped down to 18s last year and I'm running the same size rear that you are.
18's are great for putting more power down to the ground!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPPLECHARGED View Post
18's are great for putting more power down to the ground!
That's the truth. My car hooks much better now than before. You need 18s when you have the Whipple.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
WHIPPLECHARGED

New VS. Old

Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
WHIPPLECHARGED

These are some of my favorite pictures
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #20
WHIPPLECHARGED

I got my 10% overdrive crankshaft damper installed. I gained 2 PSI boost and it kicks in at a lower RPM than before. The only issue I ran into is that the notches in the new dampner are square and that the crankshaft pin kit I got with the Whipple are round. I just pressed the dampner on with the square notches 90 degrees away from the round notches and redrilled the damper. I had to buy a new belt that was 2 sizes bigger too. I haven't retuned for the extra boost, but have been monitoring my fuel trims with the android torque app. Fuel trims still ok since they have been reading negative since adding the ZL1 fuel pump.

Here's the stock damper next to the 10% overdrive, a.long with the puller you need for
removal.
Attached Images

Last edited by WHIPPLECHARGED; 02-21-2012 at 11:31 PM.
WHIPPLECHARGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Very cool blog. And you're in Vegas too. Might need to get some info from you on the tracks here and where I can run my car when it's finished. Sam can't get me in until the end of the month and then he needs the car for 2 weeks. So what I'll be doing to my Camaro is going to the complete DOD/AFM delete so I'm coverted to a true LS3 (ridding of that L99 nonsense), having a custom cam installed, new lifters, springs, guides, etc., ZL-1 pump (as long as it can handle this application w/o a BAP), possibly might have him install the Aeromotive pump instead so if I expand in the future I'm not having to change pumps again or install a BAP, also adding a D1SC procharger and hoping he can do the wastegate idea that Padre went with and finally the tune of course. I'm hoping to net 600RWHP. Padre's setup is very similar and he's getting 617RWHP but I think we are a little higher in elevation and I'm not sure how much that will affect the numbers. Either way, with those mods, should have a pretty mean Camaro when it's all said and done.

Are you pretty happy with Sam's work so far? Does he seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to these cars and engines? I've heard all good so far so I feel pretty confident. I'll keep you posted on the build when it starts and I'm sure I'll do a journal too. I have the same color Camaro. I want to change my solid middle stripe and go with rally stripes that wrap the front and back end of the car though. Also looking at getting the Forgestar F14 Wheels which I think are sexy as hell.

I'm Ken btw. Thanks for the info on Sam. Glad I finally got to talk to someone who has used him.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #22
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Great build! Love the looks too, that silver is to kill for.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #23
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Amazing car. Love the wheels. Heritage grill really sets the front of as well. Great job!

MackMan via Tapatalk
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Very cool blog. And you're in Vegas too. Might need to get some info from you on the tracks here and where I can run my car when it's finished. Sam can't get me in until the end of the month and then he needs the car for 2 weeks. So what I'll be doing to my Camaro is going to the complete DOD/AFM delete so I'm coverted to a true LS3 (ridding of that L99 nonsense), having a custom cam installed, new lifters, springs, guides, etc., ZL-1 pump (as long as it can handle this application w/o a BAP), possibly might have him install the Aeromotive pump instead so if I expand in the future I'm not having to change pumps again or install a BAP, also adding a D1SC procharger and hoping he can do the wastegate idea that Padre went with and finally the tune of course. I'm hoping to net 600RWHP. Padre's setup is very similar and he's getting 617RWHP but I think we are a little higher in elevation and I'm not sure how much that will affect the numbers. Either way, with those mods, should have a pretty mean Camaro when it's all said and done.

Are you pretty happy with Sam's work so far? Does he seem pretty knowledgeable when it comes to these cars and engines? I've heard all good so far so I feel pretty confident. I'll keep you posted on the build when it starts and I'm sure I'll do a journal too. I have the same color Camaro. I want to change my solid middle stripe and go with rally stripes that wrap the front and back end of the car though. Also looking at getting the Forgestar F14 Wheels which I think are sexy as hell.

I'm Ken btw. Thanks for the info on Sam. Glad I finally got to talk to someone who has used him.
Ken,
You're going to have yourself a very nice build once it is complete! The D1SC is a very good blower and I know Sam has lots of experience with Procharger. You should be very close to your 600 RWHP goal with lots of room for more power if you ever decide you want more. This is a link to a LSX 427 F1R procharger build by Sam. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...shasta+mcnasty. If you're in town on the weekends, there is group of us that go to Cars and Coffee every Saturday morning.http://lasvegas.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php. I don't make it out there too often since I work every other Saturday, but there is a member that has a D1SC in his LS3/Manual. Sam built his Camaro and it is around 580 RWHP with the stock cam. You will be pleased with his work! Since his speed shop is at a dealership, you will get to keep your warranty which is an awesome benefit! He didn't build my car, he just tuned it for me.

This is the schedule for the Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.http://www.lvms.com/strip/schedule/
The Midnight Mayhem events are only 15 bucks, but the track isn't prepped very well. This is the same track the NHRA runs on, but track times are not the greatest due to the elevation and air quality. I look forward to meeting you and your ride sometime soon! You can check out our social group for our upcoming local events! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=174

-Aaron

Last edited by WHIPPLECHARGED; 04-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Great build! Love the looks too, that silver is to kill for.

Padre
Thanks Padre! Your build thread is one of my favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Amazing car. Love the wheels. Heritage grill really sets the front of as well. Great job!

MackMan via Tapatalk
Thanks MackMan! Most of my mods are for more power, but I wanted to do a few cosmetic changes to make it my own.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Hey Aaron, thanks for the information and reply. Damn, that Shata McNasty ride is just hands down ridiculous! If I had less things going on in my life right now I'd be looking into a build like that. There aren't many cars around that could run with something like that.

Looks like Sam knows what's up so I'm just going to leave it to him to help me through this build. I'll probably have questions but if he can build 900+HP cars I'm not worried about him getting me 600 at the wheels. My schedule right now really sucks because I work every saturday. We are talking right now about rotating it so we all get weekends off. Unfortunately I'm the new guy in Vegas, even though I have more tenure than most of the guys where I work, so I get the crap schedule for now.

I live in Utah btw and work in Vegas. I'm here as much as I'm home so I'll have my car in both places off and on. Hopefully the build goes smooth and I'm out beating up Mustangs and Mopar cars soon. We'll definitely have to meet up sometime..

thanks again,

Ken
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
WHIPPLECHARGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Hey Aaron, thanks for the information and reply. Damn, that Shata McNasty ride is just hands down ridiculous! If I had less things going on in my life right now I'd be looking into a build like that. There aren't many cars around that could run with something like that.

Looks like Sam knows what's up so I'm just going to leave it to him to help me through this build. I'll probably have questions but if he can build 900+HP cars I'm not worried about him getting me 600 at the wheels. My schedule right now really sucks because I work every saturday. We are talking right now about rotating it so we all get weekends off. Unfortunately I'm the new guy in Vegas, even though I have more tenure than most of the guys where I work, so I get the crap schedule for now.

I live in Utah btw and work in Vegas. I'm here as much as I'm home so I'll have my car in both places off and on. Hopefully the build goes smooth and I'm out beating up Mustangs and Mopar cars soon. We'll definitely have to meet up sometime..

thanks again,

Ken

I would love to have my Camaro pushing almost 1,000 RWHP too. That is not going to happen any time in the near future. I'm happy with the power level I'm at for now and I think you will be too.

You got yourself one heck of a commute driving from Utah to Vegas! Looking forward to seeing how your build turns out for you!

Last edited by WHIPPLECHARGED; 02-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
WHIPPLECHARGED

Some more pics!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by WHIPPLECHARGED; 02-22-2012 at 07:01 PM.