Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #71
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Isn't the V6 the bread and butter car? How long did the GTO stick around w/o a V6 option?
probably it's entire production life. back then you couldn't get 300HP out of a 6. now there's V6's out there pulling 550 hp
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #72
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
I'd like to see the HP:Weight ratio for those cars
X2
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #73
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Daily driver and I already have a V8 Camaro in the garage
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #74
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Last time I checked I didn't wear em just collected them. Here's the bash wait for it.... Do you and the rest of the high on myself crew get together and circle jerk around your v8's? Drooling over the engine
When I go to my garage I stare at the car not the engine and pretty much that's what onlookers do as well. You guys make me laugh like you're affiliated with NASCAR or something but you're just like everyone else on the highway in line! A to b.
So I guess v6= little man complex and v6 equals small in the pants got to make up for it somehow complex.
ha ha circle jerk around our v8s..ha ha
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #75
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
To test to see if I was truly comfortable with my manhood. I bought a 50cc scooter a few years prior....

Plus, I didn't test drive a V8.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #76
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Last time I checked I didn't wear em just collected them. Here's the bash wait for it.... Do you and the rest of the high on myself crew get together and circle jerk around your v8's? Drooling over the engine
When I go to my garage I stare at the car not the engine and pretty much that's what onlookers do as well. You guys make me laugh like you're affiliated with NASCAR or something but you're just like everyone else on the highway in line! A to b.
So I guess v6= little man complex and v6 equals small in the pants got to make up for it somehow complex.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #77
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
this is getting too funny.....i have a 2012 honda civic 4 cylinder a 2008 nissan pathfinder with a v6 and a 2011 camaro 2ss ...im friends with everyone
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #78
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
I drive slow, I don't race, & I don't go to the track.

I really only bought the car because I love the way it looks. I honestly still would've gotten it even if it was only a 4 cylinder.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #79
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Man I see a lot of V6 guys getting their panties in a bunch here, what's wrong? Is your manhood getting insulted?

Lol bro. First off I'm secure in my purchase. Second off if you think your SS is powerful, 535 from a blown 376 is meh. The 305 I built that sets in my sprint car cranks 500, my 410 when done will be about 850-900 without a blower. So if you wanna wave manhood around, which one of us is inadequate? I build racing engines for funzies on the weekends, that's why I don't need a V8. Id rather put the money into, ya know, and actual race car.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #80
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think some people need to read the title again. It's reasons to buy a V6 over a V8 not reasons you bought a V8....
This.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #81
jmonette04
BEE SS

Drives: 2012 Rally Yellow 1SS
No need to argue....ALL CAMAROS ROCK!!!!! I only got v6 because it is a second warm weather car not a daily driver....I would love rs/ss just couldn't justify the cost.....v6 is just an awesome alternative.....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #82
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
This.
Yeah but this being the internet, its hard to keep that kind of discussion out. The smallest thing = major butthurt.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #83
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
When buying my 1LT i was happy to just get into a V6 Camaro. The LFX with 323 hp is very impressive. I bought the car with the automatic because i didn't care to shift gears. I thought to myself the car is fine the way it is, no need to mod the power was impressive and powerful and fast enough for my kind of driving.

My biggest mistake was finding and coming to this forum and Modern Camaro and finding out the differences between the V6 & V8 and all the mods for the Camaro. The more i modded my V6 with the tap shift the more i really wanted and wished i had gotten a manual car.

The final straw or icing on the cake was going to a local 5th. Gen. meet and seeing so many nice SS's with super chargers / twin turbos and cammed out V8 motors. To me nothing sounds sweeter than a nicely cammed V8. So needless to say 1 week later i traded my LT for a 1 SS with a manual 6-speed.

Insurance stayed the same but everthing else went up. Gas (premium) oil changes etc. and milage went down. I really should of gotten the SS from the get go. To be honest i really wish i never knew the differences between the LT and SS because i would of been totally fine with the LT V6 except i wish it was a M6. The only down side is the car is really a heavy car and even with the V8 it isn't as fast as i thought it would or should be. Still i love my car and can't believe it's mine. The Camaro has always been one of my favorite cars and i've had at least 5 of them from all generations except the 4th.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #84
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I was planning to buy an SS but the ride was too firm for our local crappy roads and you could only get it with "summer only" tires. I wasn't going to swap tires twice a year on my daily driver.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote