Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Full Circle? Maybe It's Time

Hello All!

I am a 38 year old molecular biology scientist and have been for 18 years. Back when I was younger and first got my license my Dad got me this crappy 1984 Renault Encore with a blown head gasket and told me if I could fix it, it was mine. My love for all things automotive was born.

I came from a broken family that was very poor (I know poor me ) but I really focused in College and became an accomplished professional with some resources at my disposal. I LOVED the late 1990's-early 2000's Pontiac Grand Prix's, so in 2000 I bought the Daytona Pace Car edition. I had it 2 months and the sun gear for the auto tranny blew up, and they took a month to supply a new part. Then the moonroof was leaking and even after 4 trips to the "water doctor" it was never solved. The brake rotors were shot at 25k miles and when the water pump began to leak I had enough of my dream car. In 2004 traded in my 2000 Pontiac GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car and bought an Infiniti G35X. Simply the best car I have ever had or driven. Until I got a new one in 2008. Just a wicked car.

But it's missing something. I can remember reading John Lingenfelter's "On Modifying Chevy Small Block Engines" and it became my bible. I worked on motors at the local track and built 383 strokers, was the time of my life in College.

I was ready to buy the new Infiniti Q50 this spring. Up at the beach last summer I was walking the strip and this hellacious sounding 1955 Chevy passed by and it brought back all the memories of real muscle. American muscle. I caught the bug.

While researching cars and seeing whats out there I saw an 1987 Buick Grand National at RK Motors in Charlotte and it was just bad ass. Looking around YouTube I saw all kinds of cool vids and especially "Tom's Turbo Garage" series on his GN project. Then I screwed up, I bought the film "Black Air" and now I am hooked again on power cars.

As things stand, I thought I could keep my 2008 Infiniti and buy a garage type car. I was so set on a Buick GN in the ~20-25k price range. Long story but it seems my garage situation has been changed (elderly mother in law in In-Law apartment at my home still wants to drive, can't have her out in the driveway especially in winter) so that's for another day. I was crushed really. Thought it was over.

I was ready to just get the new Infiniti Q50, but then I figured, why not look around?

The Camaro has always captivated me. The old real aluminum ZL-1 legend cars, the COPO cars, the first and new Z/28. The Pearl Jam "Wishlist" song even mentions a Camaro. I know the history, all of it.

I am gun shy on another GM car, are they better now? I have my trade in (~13k) and GM Card points (~4k) plus if I can nad a private offer, and I have ~20k to spend. I can get a new C very cheap to me.

Anyways, still lost in indecision. But the YouTube clips I have seen of the new C car gives me goosebumps. I like that. I want one.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Best thing to do at this point: go drive one!
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Welcome to Camaro5! I totally agree with Banter. Go drive an SS, a 1LE and then try out a ZL1.
I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Pulled the trigger on a ZL last November after being in Imports only for a decade and I'm very happy with mine. Camaro just won top quality award recently so GM has really stepped up their game.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Welcome
Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Hello All!

I am a 38 year old molecular biology scientist and have been for 18 years. Back when I was younger and first got my license my Dad got me this crappy 1984 Renault Encore with a blown head gasket and told me if I could fix it, it was mine. My love for all things automotive was born.

I came from a broken family that was very poor (I know poor me ) but I really focused in College and became an accomplished professional with some resources at my disposal. I LOVED the late 1990's-early 2000's Pontiac Grand Prix's, so in 2000 I bought the Daytona Pace Car edition. I had it 2 months and the sun gear for the auto tranny blew up, and they took a month to supply a new part. Then the moonroof was leaking and even after 4 trips to the "water doctor" it was never solved. The brake rotors were shot at 25k miles and when the water pump began to leak I had enough of my dream car. In 2004 traded in my 2000 Pontiac GTP Daytona 500 Pace Car and bought an Infiniti G35X. Simply the best car I have ever had or driven. Until I got a new one in 2008. Just a wicked car.

But it's missing something. I can remember reading John Lingenfelter's "On Modifying Chevy Small Block Engines" and it became my bible. I worked on motors at the local track and built 383 strokers, was the time of my life in College.

I was ready to buy the new Infiniti Q50 this spring. Up at the beach last summer I was walking the strip and this hellacious sounding 1955 Chevy passed by and it brought back all the memories of real muscle. American muscle. I caught the bug.

While researching cars and seeing whats out there I saw an 1987 Buick Grand National at RK Motors in Charlotte and it was just bad ass. Looking around YouTube I saw all kinds of cool vids and especially "Tom's Turbo Garage" series on his GN project. Then I screwed up, I bought the film "Black Air" and now I am hooked again on power cars.

As things stand, I thought I could keep my 2008 Infiniti and buy a garage type car. I was so set on a Buick GN in the ~20-25k price range. Long story but it seems my garage situation has been changed (elderly mother in law in In-Law apartment at my home still wants to drive, can't have her out in the driveway especially in winter) so that's for another day. I was crushed really. Thought it was over.

I was ready to just get the new Infiniti Q50, but then I figured, why not look around?

The Camaro has always captivated me. The old real aluminum ZL-1 legend cars, the COPO cars, the first and new Z/28. The Pearl Jam "Wishlist" song even mentions a Camaro. I know the history, all of it.

I am gun shy on another GM car, are they better now? I have my trade in (~13k) and GM Card points (~4k) plus if I can nad a private offer, and I have ~20k to spend. I can get a new C very cheap to me.

Anyways, still lost in indecision. But the YouTube clips I have seen of the new C car gives me goosebumps. I like that. I want one.
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining! We'd love to see you in a Camaro! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Welcome!
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #10
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Welcome. Just a note about private offers- currently not good on ZL1. But 1LE, yes.

Go drive both. One or both of them will reel you in.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote