Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
billmiller8
Bill

Drives: Rally Yellow Bumble Bee 2
Is it just me ? Bumble Bee

I know Rally yellow attrackes bugs, but is it just me or does it also attract alot of State Police ? I have had mine for a little over a month and have been stopped 3 times, twice for no front plate ( live in Maryland require front plate also bought a flip bracket) and last night ( state police was coming opposite way, saw me turned around in middle of road and pulled me over saying I was doing 61 in a 50 and I know damn well I was omly doing 56 and told him that and he only gave me a warning ticket. anyone else having this problem or is it just Rally Yellow ?
Attached Images

billmiller8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Master1545
off to never never land!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I've had my car for almost 2 months and never got a ticket. Mine is an IBM. I live in PG County, but I did go down to the Salisbury area a few weekends ago and still did not get a ticket. It could be the color. Especially when you have the boldest color for a sports car. If a dark color goes past the speed limit, its not as noticeable as a bright color going past the speed limit. Plus the cops down in Salisbury are a lot more plentiful than my area.
Master1545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master1545 View Post
I've had my car for almost 2 months and never got a ticket. Mine is an IBM. I live in PG County, but I did go down to the Salisbury area a few weekends ago and still did not get a ticket. It could be the color. Especially when you have the boldest color for a sports car. If a dark color goes past the speed limit, its not as noticeable as a bright color going past the speed limit. Plus the cops down in Salisbury are a lot more plentiful than my area.
Yeah, I knew it would draw attention but not quit that much.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
It is hard to blend in with a bright yellow car.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
What is your age group? You might find you get pulled over a tad bit more if you're a younger driver.
They don't see yellow more.. there are several cops on this forum so maybe they'll chime in but I think what they do see is a fast car and they want to make sure you're being compliant.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
regular plate holder

Did you think if you tried not beating the system they might leave you alone. You got pulled over for a plate then again still not what they want to see. Now its speed, how many yellow camaros are in you neigborhood? Your a marked man my friend they will pull you over every chance they get because they think your being a smart ass. Guess whos going to win this spat, I have to venture to guess the guys wth badges and guns. Put the plate on the right way and watch your speed for a few months and this will go away. I venture to guess your between 18 and 25 and you don't want to give into the man.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
Master1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoinandout View Post
Did you think if you tried not beating the system they might leave you alone. You got pulled over for a plate then again still not what they want to see. Now its speed, how many yellow camaros are in you neigborhood? Your a marked man my friend they will pull you over every chance they get because they think your being a smart ass. Guess whos going to win this spat, I have to venture to guess the guys wth badges and guns. Put the plate on the right way and watch your speed for a few months and this will go away. I venture to guess your between 18 and 25 and you don't want to give into the man.
Sounds about right. I would not give the cops any reason for them to pull me over. They already want to since I have an expensive car for a young guy to have. They want to pull it over just to see one close up. They just need a reason. That warning was just to see the beautiful car in person, sad to say. On a lighter note, I'll be in the Sailsbury area for the thanksgiving weekend. Maybe we can go cruisin' during that time. I will just leave you when you get pulled over by Wicimico County's finest.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
What is your age group? You might find you get pulled over a tad bit more if you're a younger driver.
They don't see yellow more.. there are several cops on this forum so maybe they'll chime in but I think what they do see is a fast car and they want to make sure you're being compliant.
50's
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yellow catchs the eye man. Welcome to the club, #230 has been pulled over 3 times just for the highway patrol guys to yack about the car.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoinandout View Post
WRONG, "57" YRS OLD AND AS I MENTIONED I BOUGHT A FLIP BRACKET AND KEEP PLATE SHOWING SINCE THE SECOND WARNING. I HAVE HAD NUMERIOUS POLICE PULL UP BEHIND ME BUT MOST DO NOT PULL ME OVER. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE POLICE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING FOR 40 YRS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A TICKET AND WAS JUST WONDERING IF OTHER CAMARO OWNERS ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM OR IS IT JUST THE AREA, AS FAR AS I KNOW I HAVE THE ONLY RALLY YELLOW IN THE AREA.

Last edited by billmiller8; 11-03-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
billmiller8
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master1545 View Post
Sounds about right. I would not give the cops any reason for them to pull me over. They already want to since I have an expensive car for a young guy to have. They want to pull it over just to see one close up. They just need a reason. That warning was just to see the beautiful car in person, sad to say. On a lighter note, I'll be in the Sailsbury area for the thanksgiving weekend. Maybe we can go cruisin' during that time. I will just leave you when you get pulled over by Wicimico County's finest.
Thanks, I'm glad somebody understands. Sounds like Infernoinandout might be a Cop. Ha! Ha! No seriously I abide by the laws ( except for the front plate because I did not want to ruin that beautiful front end ) never been in trouble and never had a ticket in 40 yrs. I just am trying to enjoy my Camaro. Yeah let me know when your in the area will get together. Thanks

Last edited by billmiller8; 11-03-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #12
Kamaro4437

Drives: 2 64 1/2 coupes and 66 fastbac
Lets see the body basically resembles an icon in a movie. Its Yellow and burns a hole in your eye from a quarter mile away. Its not a low profile ride. I drove my wifes to rinse it down and clean it up for her the other day. And every turn i made a different cop would pull out and intercept following me even before i got on the interstate to blast most of the water off from the rinse down. They were trying to catch me. You just have to be careful and cautious about when you play.
Kamaro4437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
Master1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmiller8 View Post
Thanks, I'm glad somebody understands. Sounds like Infernoinandout might be a Cop. Ha! Ha! No seriously I abid by the laws ( except for the front plate because I did not want to ruin that beautiful front end ) never been in trouble and never had a ticket in 40 yrs. I just am trying to enjoy my Camaro. Yeah let me know when your in the area will get together. Thanks
I couldn't help but to have the front plate holder. When I arrived at the dealership, it was already installed on the front end. I think its a combination of the color, new remake of classic car, and area you are at. Alot of the area is country area where they love those types of cars; civilians and cops. You said it yourself, most of them get behind you and then roll off. Honestly, driving your color car is like driving a four wheel highlighter down the road. Its always gonna be noticed. Thats why most people who buy ferraris or lambos get either red or yellow. They want to be noticed. I'll PM you when I'm in the area.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Don't break the law, don't get hassled. It's worked for me.