Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just as important as washing, is inspecting the towels. When you're doing rinseless and using your towels for all sorts of general purposes, the microfibers will do their job and pick up small rocks, Twigs, Embedded way down into the microfibers, that's the microfiber doing it's job. Before I ever take towels to a car, after their washed, I lay them out, and run my flat and Over them and invariably I pick up every time 2-3 pieces of debris that would've scratched the car. After washing, check them EVERY time.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #16
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by M12LRV View Post
I have enjoyed his videos on detailing. But really liked the series when he moved to his new home and totally refurbished the existing garage area. New floor, cabinets, etc. Talk about a DREAM garage.

He is certainly OCD. That comment is not meant to denigrate him at all. Just an observation. I'm just as OCD when it comes to LR rifle reloads, rifle cleaning, scope mounting, rebarreling, etc.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #17
Top~Dog

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just as important as washing, is inspecting the towels. When you're doing rinseless and using your towels for all sorts of general purposes, the microfibers will do their job and pick up small rocks, Twigs, Embedded way down into the microfibers, that's the microfiber doing it's job. Before I ever take towels to a car, after their washed, I lay them out, and run my flat and Over them and invariably I pick up every time 2-3 pieces of debris that would've scratched the car. After washing, check them EVERY time.
Another thing I've learned over the years is edgeless is best...believe it or not, the seams, edges, tags, can all potentially leave micro scratches on the surface.