Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
STJAMES

Drives: camaro lt
Buying a 2011 lt convertible

It was listed at 33,000 miles but when I went to test drive it was clocking at 41,000. I'm assuming that a lot of it was from other wild test driving. What type of problems should I be looking for? It still has factory warranty. I was thinking of taking it to a GM dealer and get all the fluids replaced. Would that be a smart thing to do? Does anyone know any good dealerships around Los Angeles? I don't want to end up at a stealership or have some mechanics mess my car up. Thanks!
STJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
if its a 2011 , get all the records on that top. check the threads on here under verts and 2011 and 2012 were problematic. the tops leaked, bent, scuffed, rubbed, holes, etc. problems. the changes were made for 2013 models starting about july 2012.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
if its a 2011 , get all the records on that top. check the threads on here under verts and 2011 and 2012 were problematic. the tops leaked, bent, scuffed, rubbed, holes, etc. problems. the changes were made for 2013 models starting about july 2012.
I am tapping my head, as in knock on wood, but so far, my 2012, build date 1/12............the top is very snug and tight and no issues.

Some say after 4/12 is the date that the new top fix was put into place at the factory, but even most of the 2011's are good, only hear about the horror stories.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by STJAMES View Post
It was listed at 33,000 miles but when I went to test drive it was clocking at 41,000. I'm assuming that a lot of it was from other wild test driving. What type of problems should I be looking for? It still has factory warranty. I was thinking of taking it to a GM dealer and get all the fluids replaced. Would that be a smart thing to do? Does anyone know any good dealerships around Los Angeles? I don't want to end up at a stealership or have some mechanics mess my car up. Thanks!
STJAMES,

Welcome to the forum and great to hear that you're getting a Camaro. Feel free to send me your zip code and I'll locate some dealers in your area. Here to help!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
STJAMES

Drives: camaro lt
90042. It's a v6. Are all the v6's the same engine? Are there any common problems with the v6 engine? I notice a lot of v6's are complaining about their manual trannies. Mine is an Auto I was wondering if anyone has any problems with the auto transmission.
STJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote