Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Update 9-2014

This problem never fully went away. It seemed to disappear because I hadn't really taken longer trips. Every now and again, I'd get the hesitation on higher RPMs or on long car trips after the car had been running for a while.

It seems it keeps creeping back in.

My car is back in to the dealership for service again with the same, ongoing issue.

As I understand now, they are looking to the connector pins to the fuel system management module perhaps going bad and they are looking to GM to try to warranty the repair.

I'm wondering if anyone else seems to be having this ongoing issue and whether or not it has been resolved by the dealers.

Last time around, the fuel system management module had been replaced under warranty as it's warranted to 80K miles.

Some suggested a possible throttle body issue. At this point I don't know what it could be, but the codes they say are in the system are the same as last time around.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #16
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Well, we've managed to replicate the problem for the service department and finally, we may have an answer.

They believe the fuel pump is going bad. It does reset and pressure builds back up when the car is cycled (turned off and re-started) but under use, especially when it's hotter out or the engine has been running a while, the fuel pressure decreases.

So new fuel pump.

The big issue for me is this problem has been going on for some time.

I'm curious as to the resolution here and if it's finally been diagnosed and buttoned down properly.