Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
RACE TRACK NEAR CHICAGO,IL??

I just moved to Chicago and i was wondering if anyone knew of any race tracks near the area or near schaumburg. I was checking online and the closest one i saw was up in WI. If you guys could recommend some good one, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Byron is the only other "close" one that I know of.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
CRYMFTR265
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro 2SS\RS
What kind of race track? Here in Joliet we have a state of the art Drag Strip(Route 66 Raceway) and a Nascar Track. Joliet is 40 miles from Chicago.
CRYMFTR265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
TonyNo

Ah, okay. I assumed "drag".
Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYMFTR265 View Post
What kind of race track? Here in Joliet we have a state of the art Drag Strip(Route 66 Raceway) and a Nascar Track. Joliet is 40 miles from Chicago.
What kind of track were you looking for>?
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Lakeshore drive is practically a racetrack lol when I was in chicago on vacation, I saw all types of cars, bikes everything flying down that road. But seriously, dont streetrace. Its not ok.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
wangtangjf7

Sorry guys. I meant a drag strip. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI. I'm not sure how far away from Schaumburg it is but its just 15-20 minutes over the Wisconsin border.
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
wangtangjf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI. I'm not sure how far away from Schaumburg it is but its just 15-20 minutes over the Wisconsin border.
yeah, that was the only one that i saw online. How is it out there? Lotta nice cars to look at?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
yeah, that was the only one that i saw online. How is it out there? Lotta nice cars to look at?
Its the only track I've been to so I can't really compare how it stacks up to other places, but to me, its AWESOME!! Great atmosphere, beautiful cars (loud as all hell too ) Everyone is willing to talk about their cars in a respectable manner. Just make sure if you go to wear long pants. I made the mistake the first time I went and had to buy a $20 pair of sweats if I wanted to race(which was absolutely ridiculous, I thought. If I catch fire, I don't want no sweat pants getting in my way and making me an even bigger fireball)

Me and a buddy were actually going up there this Sunday. Its Import Wars and I figure I should let them know they're being watched How cool would it be, if amidst all the little rice burners, a group of Camaros blows through the scene and bitch slaps all those lawn mower motors?
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
TonyNo

Not been there myself, but I have heard that Byron is a lot nicer than Great Lakes.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
wangtangjf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplhaizcraz3 View Post
Its the only track I've been to so I can't really compare how it stacks up to other places, but to me, its AWESOME!! Great atmosphere, beautiful cars (loud as all hell too ) Everyone is willing to talk about their cars in a respectable manner. Just make sure if you go to wear long pants. I made the mistake the first time I went and had to buy a $20 pair of sweats if I wanted to race(which was absolutely ridiculous, I thought. If I catch fire, I don't want no sweat pants getting in my way and making me an even bigger fireball)

Me and a buddy were actually going up there this Sunday. Its Import Wars and I figure I should let them know they're being watched How cool would it be, if amidst all the little rice burners, a group of Camaros blows through the scene and bitch slaps all those lawn mower motors?
Seriously, that would be so bad a**. I would love to join ya but i'm going out of town this weekend. But seriously, if you ever plan on heading out there on a sunday, hit me up.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
wangtangjf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
Not been there myself, but I have heard that Byron is a lot nicer than Great Lakes.
hmmm...both sound interesting. I'll probably check both of them out some time. Thanks for the helps guys!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Chicagolandspeedway.com . Nascar track . Dragstrip . and a dirt track.
It is located just south of Joliet. I think this weekend is Nascar .
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote