Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #29
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoske View Post
lol, thats funny. He is right you need to actually read instead of just posting the poppy cock you hear floating around the media. This is exactly why the media sucks so bad. They say shit, people listen and it gets stuck in their brains. In turn people hear a different truth and it is to late at this point becuase their point of view is already tarnished.
YUP!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #30
NYCLS3

Drives: Toaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Any program, that makes fuel from food, is destined to fail.

Period.

LabRat
Weeeeeeeee!!!!
NYCLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #31
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
They are trying to get rid of E85 here in Tejas. Tortilla wars. (sounds like a joke but it's not lol).

In Mexico people buy stack of corn torts on the way home. It's a staple.

I like Hydrogen potential more. We need Nuke and wind to make it with high voltage. There needs to be like a promitory point, a shore to shore chain of Hydrogen stations.

E85 is like rotgut the engines don't last near as long as on good Iraqi or Iranian swill (yes I am spoiled being near a coastal refinery). Maint costs higher than Hydrogen.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #32
65Elco

Drives: 65 Elcamino
Vash do you know how to speak english. Reading your post was like reading something a 2nd grader wrote!
65Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #33
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Ditto. The only ones here in Michigan have been the local Meijers stations, and it's a wash either way between unleaded and e85. So for us it's not a matter of availability, but price.

But now since 87 has gone above e85 again, I can see that changing for a few people. The rest are just lemming retards that jumped on the green train for the little badge on the bumper.
The closest E85 station I know of is 60 miles from here. Drive to the station and back...oh wait, it's on a military base...

That's cool and all, but they do need to make more stations, I've seen a number of E85 vehicles around here.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #34
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Did you even read the post without this bias? I don't know about you but I don't eat wood chips and corn stalks, nor do I know anyone that does.
I wonder if it would work with old paper products? Could save the news print industry singlehandedly!

If they can make it use pine needles and grass clippings then I'm gonna be the local Jed Clampett!

Now all we need is a Camaro that runs on that!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #35
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Sounds great and I can't wait for this to happen.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #36
SnoMoDude600

Drives: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX
You can find an E85 all through out Illinois and Iowa. We are the largest producer of corn. BTW, the ethanol is derived from the oils of the plant that are extracted in order to dry out the corn meal so it can be used as feed for cows and other animals. It does not take corn off of our dinner tables. E85 also has around a 110 octane rating so your 426HP SS will me prob make somewhere closer to 440.
SnoMoDude600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #37
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
this is kinda OT

but if anyone ever tells you that more energy is used to make E85 than it saves is both right and wrong

in the production of ethanol you are using fuel to plant, harvest, transport and refine the grain into ethanol, but once the ethanol is produced the grain is not wasted, for instance corn is used to make ethanol, in the process there is still a byproduct, the corn starch, corn syrup and many others (which are used in almost every food product you can think of) are still remaining to be used in food production. some is used also to feed farm animals too.

the same concept applies for soy based ethanol

damn you snomodude, well now we have two people telling any anti ethanol people what the deal is
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm a caveman. Give me my V8 and 93 octane gasoline and leave me the hell alone. I'm not a scientist. What will be is what will be. This is the same scientific comunity who argues global warming and can't seem to figure out wether an egg is good for you or not. I hope it's all on the up and up and would obviously support it but every book is written with an opinion one way or the other.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #39
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Any program, that makes fuel from food, is destined to fail.

Period.

LabRat
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #40
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
Now if I could just find some E85 for my Tahoe .....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #41
Jonmalibuss

Drives: 2005 Silverado VHO
Send a message via AIM to Jonmalibuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMoDude600 View Post
You can find an E85 all through out Illinois and Iowa. We are the largest producer of corn. BTW, the ethanol is derived from the oils of the plant that are extracted in order to dry out the corn meal so it can be used as feed for cows and other animals. It does not take corn off of our dinner tables. E85 also has around a 110 octane rating so your 426HP SS will me prob make somewhere closer to 440.
Turn up the boost on a supercharged application. I was reading through this post wondering if and when someone was going to get to this point! Isn't the application just a different calibration file that the vehicle can switch to when it detects the use of E85? This is kind of a no brainer GM!

2005 Silverado VHO: Outlaw intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Belltech drop, 4.11 gears with Eaton LSD, Baer brakes 15" up front with 6 piston calipers, drum to disk 14" conversion for the rear, IForged 22"x10" 2 piece wheels, probably many more mods which I have missed...
Soon to be 2010-2011 Camaro SS/RS This is if the truck is worth trading in or I get it paid off!
Jonmalibuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #42
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
This is pretty exciting.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote