Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Looking for an OEM Hood for 2010

Looking for an OEM hood that will fit a 2010 in the DFW area? Anyone out there have one
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
CamaroI

Haha actually looking to redo hood with better fit of acs vents. I would like to repaint hood IOM but not sure can do with acs vents glued in. My body shop clear would leave issues if trying to paint with them in.. Shop said better to start with another hood. Not sure if that's right information or not

Painter of acs vents left a lot of metallic on the edges of vents and does not look good in direct sunlight. Either redo or guess could stripe
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Ah I see. I had my whole under hood sprayed this winter. Now its all one shinny color. The factory color under the hood was dull and didnt match. He had to issues painting and clearing it all. But if your ACS vents are not sitting correctyl then yea you would have to start over cause those are not coming off without destroying them.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
CamaroI

I found a hood locally today for $150 so not to bad. However, finding a shop to do the ACS vents will be tough. Hex vents not an issue, but bonding the ACS vents was a pain first time around. If paint would have been better on ACS vents would not be thinking about it. However, large clump's of metallic in the corners which looks bad in direct sunlight.

I am also kicking around idea of doing away with reverse hood. Have you missed yours?? I like for shows, but otherwise kinda a pain to have.

The only other option would be would do some T3 looking stripes by having shop wrap vents. I have been told you can paint the hood while taping off vents then tape off hood while painting vents (two step process) not sure how this would come out though