Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
MathewsZ7

Drives: 2014 2LS
2014 2LS Strange Noise

So ive done some searching and really cant figure out what this strange noise im hearing in my car is. It only happends when I first start driving, right when I get in and start the car everything sounds normal. Then as I pull away and start driving I hear a strange clicking sound. Itll happen two or three times but only in the first 250-300 ft after I pull out. After that the noise goes away completely, until I start the car again. I also heard something similar when I was driving a loaner car, a 2014 Cruze, so im assuming this is normal? If anybody knows what I may be talking about please let me know. I have a 2014 2LS with about 600 miles on it, and its done this the whole time ive had it. Does the car do any self tests as soon as you start to drive or something?
MathewsZ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
MathewsZ7

Probably should have added that the noise comes from outside under the car. Id say rear of engine front of trans area perhaps. Sometimes I feel like I can feel something in my pedal when it happends also. Could the brakes be running some sort of test. Idk its probably nothing but just being safe.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
I get the same thing. Mine is just one click no clue what it is either
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
MathewsZ7

Sometimes it sounds similar to if I ran something over and it scraped the bottom of the car....very strange.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
I think it maybe just the fuel pump your hearing
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
MathewsZ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
I think it maybe just the fuel pump your hearing
Would the fuel pump still be making niose even if I let the idle settle, then take off. I assumed the fuel pump noise is right when you turn the key to the on position.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #7
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
I haven't noticed it for a while, but i would hear it when coming to stop signs/lights etc. Not sure i can recall when turning key on - I'll listen out for it next time
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
MathewsZ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
I haven't noticed it for a while, but i would hear it when coming to stop signs/lights etc. Not sure i can recall when turning key on - I'll listen out for it next time
One thing I notice when coming to a stop/lights with this car is the sloshing of the gas in the tank. Ive owned many third gen camaros and other GM cars and never noticed that before but good lord is it loud in this car
Old 11-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
MathewsZ7

So this sound is getting worse and happends EVERYTIME I start the car. Last night while leaving class I was a certin sound of a gear grinding, coming from the trans area. Im going to take the car in and get it checked out.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsZ7 View Post
So this sound is getting worse and happends EVERYTIME I start the car. Last night while leaving class I was a certin sound of a gear grinding, coming from the trans area. Im going to take the car in and get it checked out.
MathewsZ7,

I apologize to hear you're experiencing noises from your Camaro. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you'll be proactively reaching out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
This was happening to my car. But its an LLT and it was gasket leak at the exhaust manifold. Your car has a single outlet exhaust manifold and not header style like mine. Youre problem might be heater core vent failure. Google it and see if it sounds like your problem. Regardless. Take it to the dealer its 2014. I dont know why people dont go to the dealer right away with brand new under warranty cars. I understand if youre modded, but just go to the dealer.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
MathewsZ7

Pissed off!!

So I finally got around to bringing the car into the dealership for this noise I've been hearing. Its made the same noise since day one, a grinding sound while shifting from 1st to 2nd and also 2nd to 3rd. So I dropped it off this past Saturday and was called monday morning saying the car is ready to be picked up. They checked it out and everything is fine......ok. So I just went to pickup my car and the first guy behind the service counter said that they heard the noise and talked to GM about it and they don't have a fix for it? Next the service manager came over and said the noise is perfectly normal and every 2014 2LT makes it. So I asked him to let me hear it in another 2014 so I can see if this is true. He said ok and went to get keys for another car they had on the lot that we could take a drive in.....He gets the keys and we walk out to the car....the keys he grabbed were for a 2015 SS....as we are walking up to the car he says "shit this is a SS.....and they left the window open". Its been pouring here all day and the car was soaked. Anyway, he goes back in and gets the keys for the 2014 2LT and we get in and he drives it around the parking lot and hmmmmm no noise in-between those gears....big surprise. So I ask him "if this is a normal noise than why dosent this car make it?" No answer. . He tells me to wait until the noise gets worse or something breaks...then bring it back in. He also said repeatedly that nothing was wrong with the car and that I was just looking for something to be wrong??? Sorry for the long rant but where do I go from here, they are no help at all. Everyone has a different answer when you ask a question, they are rude and act like you are trying to waste their time. Clearly there is an issue as the noise is still there.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
I know your pain. According to my dealership the sounds I hear are all in my head.
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote