Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #43
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I found Dodges trick in the SE price. It's got no ABS, Traction and ESC.

Your looking at base price of $25,000 to get it. Well it's not a trick but gives you the "loss leader" illusion that your getting a state of the art old school style coupe.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 AM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbird777 View Post
It is early December and I see the base SS is $25k, I make it a fully optioned SS/RS and it is only $28k...............I then wake up and realize it was all a dream.:(
Well, I began reading and thought someone was on track until I got to the 28 for a fully loaded part and I then thought.....nope...gonna be way higher than 28K for a fully loaded SS/RS.

All good though. Just remember what Scott keeps on saying! Competitively priced w/ the Mustang. And, we have members that were picking up GT's for less than 25k, right??????? So? Might have been with a pretty good deal, but ....we'll just wait and see. I have faith.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #45
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That depends heavily on the dealership. A lot of dealers are claiming that the deposit goes toward the car. Ask your dealer. No one on this site can speak for every dealer, so things that have to do with individual dealerships require you to do a lot of your own research. Talk to your dealer and see what the deposit rules are there.
I talked to my dealer today and if i did want to reserve a spot, they would put my name and what I wanted down with a $500 deposit that WOULD go toward the new vehicle at the time of purchase.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #46
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
I talked to my dealer today and if i did want to reserve a spot, they would put my name and what I wanted down with a $500 deposit that WOULD go toward the new vehicle at the time of purchase.
Everyone needs to do this. Did you also check to see if this deposit was refundable? That is very important in case you ultimately decide that the Camaro is not for you.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Just doesn't make sense.
It's okay. It's not supposed to make sense, I guess -- it's certainly mind-boggling, for sure.

Because of all the points you made; GM could rape us for the SS like Dodge did to their SRT buyers. But they're not...mostly because they want to continue selling Camaros. And in order to continue selling; it has to be competitive with a Mustang. That's it - end of reasoning.

AND:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I have faith.
If it doesn't make sense...then hang out, and have faith!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #48
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Just remember that Scott said the Camaro would be competitively priced with the Mustang. And we have members that were picking up GT's for less than $25K with a pretty good deal.
"Competitively priced with a comparably equipped Mustang" would relate strictly to MSRP pricing, and not after any deals and factory incentives that may be temporarily in effect. The S197 Mustang is in its fifth year of production and several deals are currently available, including extra discounts to move '08 stock in dealers' inventories. There will be no factory incentives on the Camaro for the first two years at least, unless sales of the new Camaro totally flop. Perhaps you want that, so you can get your good deal?

And the Mustang GT base MSRP would still not be a straightforward comparison, because the base Mustang GT is not comparably equipped with the base Camaro SS. Mustang GT comes with 17" wheels standard (18" rims are optional at extra cost and 20" rims are not even available). Mustang GT comes with 5-speed manual trans (6-speed manual costs hundreds more and, while standard on the GT500, is not even an option on the Mustang GT). And the Camaro has other things not available on the Mustang at all, such as independent rear suspension.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #49
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
SS/RS LS3 manual with all options except the "Stick out of the roof sunroof"

My guess??? $38K.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #50
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Everyone needs to do this. Did you also check to see if this deposit was refundable? That is very important in case you ultimately decide that the Camaro is not for you.
the check is fully refundable as well.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #51
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
the check is fully refundable as well.
Then I guess I was wrong. Perhaps they are not all thieves.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #52
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
lol seriously. just most of them anyway. but yea that's good that it's refundable.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #53
GCguy2169

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
SS/RS LS3 manual with all options except the "Stick out of the roof sunroof"

My guess??? $38K.
Wow dude...thats all I can say...that definatly is not competitive to the Mustang...
-BTR Stage 4 Cam, ID850 Injectors, E-85 Tuned, Corsa Xtreme Exhaust , Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Melling Performance Oil Pump, ATI Super Damper, BMR Suspension: Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, 1” Lowering Springs, Differential Bushings, Rx Ported and Polished Throttle Body, VIS Racing Carbon Fiber Hood, Custom Painted - Body Kit, Entire Vehicle, ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, MRR 20” Wheels, Powerstop Brakes, Koni SRT.T Shocks and Struts
GCguy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #54
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCguy2169 View Post
Wow dude...thats all I can say...that definatly is not competitive to the Mustang...
That's why its definitely not the price.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #55
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
That's why its definitely not the price.
I sure hope you guys are right.
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #56
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbird777 View Post
I sure hope you guys are right.
Look at it this way....we've all interpreted the comment "competitively priced" a little differently.

But here's the facts; the Mustang with ALL options and packages that I could squeeze on it -- except the glass roof and any accessories -- topped out at $33,415. Bump that to $34,200 for the Camaro...which, imo, is within the "competitive" range....and that should be the highest --or darn near close-- that an SS can be priced at and remain "competitive". A fully loaded 2SS/RS Camaro should not exceed $35,000, and a 1SS should not be more than 30k.

That's what I'm sticking to till I'm proven wrong by that whole "frozen-hell" thing.