Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Dos-Camaro 2011
Own (2) 2011's

Drives: (2) 2011 Camaro's 1-SS/1-LT
Exclamation Licence Plate Frames, Why?

Why do people leave FREE DEALER ADVERTISING frames on their new Camaro's? Makes no sense and looks like crap.
Dos-Camaro 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I don't mind dealer plate frames.

Better than dealer badging.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
i agree with you!!! But I have heard a couple of people say that they loved their experience with their dealer, therefore they don't mind advertising for them! They even like to let people know where they got their car!
PLuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingLudwig View Post
i agree with you!!! But I have heard a couple of people say that they loved their experience with their dealer, therefore they don't mind advertising for them! They even like to let people know where they got their car!
I was just going to say this.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
PLuche

BTW, Do the Camaros only come with 2 top screws for the license plate? Bc I just got my 2012 and when I wnt to take off the dealer tag and put on my new one, I realized that it only had the 2 top screws although there are 4 holes! And to make things worst, I realized there is a platic housing that the screw goes into and the 2 bottom hole Do Not have this little plastic thing to hold the screws. Therefore I can't even put the bottom screws even if I went out to buy them! Should I go to my delaer and ask for the squared plastic things that hold the screws and the srews?
Old 11-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
yup i have a few friends i went to school with that work at the dealership i got my Camaro. and 2 i'm just too lazy to take it off right now
Old 11-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Nemo13

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I agree. It amazes me when I see all the cars around with dealer plate frames AND stickers with 800 numbers all over the back! Is the dealer paying these people to be their billboard? Did they get a special deal on their car in trade for this service? You know people out there get free gas for letting companies post a big ad on their back windows, what is the dealer offering? Take that crap off there!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
BTW, Do the Camaros only come with 2 top screws for the license plate? Bc I just got my 2012 and when I wnt to take off the dealer tag and put on my new one, I realized that it only had the 2 top screws although there are 4 holes! And to make things worst, I realized there is a platic housing that the screw goes into and the 2 bottom hole Do Not have this little plastic thing to hold the screws. Therefore I can't even put the bottom screws even if I went out to buy them! Should I go to my delaer and ask for the squared plastic things that hold the screws and the srews?
No, they should come with 4.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Well, let's really think about this. They have to put something on it for when you do get a plate. And, simply put...you're going to have to buy your own custom plate holder anyways and replace it. Even if the dealer didn't put one on, you'd need to do that. I'd prefer a dealer holder over no holder...but, I bought a nice Crhome "Camaro" plate holder on the day I bought the car.

Essentially, it's their cost and no skin off your nose if you're too cheap to guy buy your own holder.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
simply put...you're going to have to buy your own custom plate holder anyways and replace it. Even if the dealer didn't put one on, you'd need to do that.
Why would you need to buy a plate holder??? They are not required (atleast in GA they aren't). Besides I like NO plate holder.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
PLuche

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Thanks! I will have to go Monday and ask for them to fix this problem for me. I just hate the fact that my plates only has 2 top screws.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I put (on all my cars) a very thin black frame that just outlines the very edges of the plate. I dont have any kind of dealer badge, or any other kind of stuff on mine. I also use security screws rather than dealer stock since they are harder to get out by random thieves.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
this is the only Plate frame I want on mine
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Two screws is normal, in fact I haven't seen a mount for 4 screws in 30 years.