Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-10-2024, 11:22 PM   #1
Unaf-Ford-able

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Odd question about replacement carpet...

Hello again.

Odd question, I've got a 2010 Synergy, auto, and the black carpet is pretty disgusting in the thing. Not entirely certain as to what part numbers to look for through GM to see if anything new/OEM is still available somewhere.

Is it all one piece, three pieces, or four pieces...and if I dare ask, does anyone have a part number for the new flooring?
Unaf-Ford-able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 08:25 AM   #2
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
I don’t know a part number. I do know that it is all one piece and goes way up under the dash. Pretty sure to do the job properly, the dash will have to come out
Old 02-11-2024, 10:27 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Instead of replacing, try a thorough vacuum and cleaning with a hand held carpet and upholstery cleaner first. The only time you should look into replacing the carpet in a car is if you don't use car mats and have worn a spot in the carpet. No matter how dirty it may look, a thorough cleaning will bring it back to looking like new and is way cheaper to have a detailer clean it. It's actually easy to do if you have the vacuum and carpet cleaner already and want to do it yourself.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:40 AM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Be glad yours is black. I have grey and it can be a pain in the butt to keep up with.
I agree with above, have the carpet detailed by a pro before you pursue replacing it. You’d be surprised what they can get out.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:43 AM   #5
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I’m not sure that it is all one piece. Online parts sites indicate a driver front, passenger front and rear. But the descriptions are not very good so hard to tell.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:20 PM   #6
Unaf-Ford-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
I’m not sure that it is all one piece. Online parts sites indicate a driver front, passenger front and rear. But the descriptions are not very good so hard to tell.
That's what I'm running into. I can't tell if it's a 2, 3, or 4 piece setup online, and I'm not really seeing any splits under the seats or behind the console which indicate it's a multi-piece unit, and on top of that the part numbers don't indicate which side, or which end. If anything, it looks like all 1 piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
I don’t know a part number. I do know that it is all one piece and goes way up under the dash. Pretty sure to do the job properly, the dash will have to come out
I enjoy complaining, I've turned it into an art form, so if I've got to disassemble half the car to properly replace the carpet, just think of the hours, if not days of complaining I'll get to engage in while swapping it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Instead of replacing, try a thorough vacuum and cleaning with a hand held carpet and upholstery cleaner first. The only time you should look into replacing the carpet in a car is if you don't use car mats and have worn a spot in the carpet. No matter how dirty it may look, a thorough cleaning will bring it back to looking like new and is way cheaper to have a detailer clean it. It's actually easy to do if you have the vacuum and carpet cleaner already and want to do it yourself.
The elderly nitwit I purchased the car from was entirely okay with leaving the damn thing parked in odd directions in direct sunlight. If anything, the carpet looks rather faded. I'm okay with detailing the carpet, but I'd like to do a reset on some of the interior bits as the car is now 14 years old, which is why I'm trying to find some of the interior plastic bits (I've got a separate post in here for a WTB in regards to a NOS sill plate thingie on the driver's side).

If it actually still looked new, I'd be okay with simply detailing it, I'd just like to find some NOS bits if it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Be glad yours is black. I have grey and it can be a pain in the butt to keep up with.
I agree with above, have the carpet detailed by a pro before you pursue replacing it. You’d be surprised what they can get out.
I almost wished for tan, as that color seems to hide dirt really well, I'm not too terribly impressed with black General Motors plastics in regards to how cheap it looks if you don't stay on top of detailing it.

At any rate, I'm thankful to discover that at least one or two folks in here are as confused by the part numbers as I am. I'm going to do a deeper clean anyway, but I'm still hoping to refresh a few things before I give up and just drive it.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:23 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The pics I've found of the interior completely gutted shows the carpet as one piece. It goes under the rear seat and goes under the center section under the dash (the place where the radio and the 4 pack gauges sit). So the rear seat will have to come out and most likely the dash too as I don't know if you can remove the center section without taking out the whole dash. The dash is a pain to remove, the book says to remove the windshield because there is a couple bolts that you can't get to otherwise or you can just take a dremel and cut them out (hope you like a lot rattling when driving as you can't tighten them back if you do this).

If you're still intending on replacing it, I would take it to a vehicle upholstery place and let them do it. You'll be able to choose the color and style and get a better job done than if you did it at home.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 02:45 PM   #8
SlowLS1

This is what my carpet looks like. I know this because my interior is gutted right now.

Ebay listing for USED
Old 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM   #9
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The carpet y my jay I saw on parts site might be floor mats, or maybe some replacement that is in multiple pieces.

Rockauto shows after market carpet for about $200 or less. Don’t know the quality though. But it is molded carpet with mass backing,
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:07 PM   #10
Unaf-Ford-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The carpet y my jay I saw on parts site might be floor mats, or maybe some replacement that is in multiple pieces.

Rockauto shows after market carpet for about $200 or less. Don’t know the quality though. But it is molded carpet with mass backing,
It's usually the ACC units, which don't typically come anywhere close to matching factory fit and finish.

I think I've found an OEM replacement, I'm going to try to nail it.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:15 PM   #11
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:

You've got to be freakin kidding me?!!! Entire Dash? Center console area sure but the DASH?!! NFW!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:17 PM   #12
SummitWhite11

Quote:
This is what my carpet looks like. I know this because my interior is gutted right now.

Ebay listing for USED

After looking at this listing... Looks like the center console needs to come out which is doable IMO.. but not the DASH.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:53 AM   #13
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
After looking at this listing... Looks like the center console needs to come out which is doable IMO.. but not the DASH.
On my 2010, the frame of the center part of the lower dash sits on top of the carpet. The area that the front of the console goes into.

I needed to pull this area out to reroute my battery cable (runs left side top of the tunnel towards the gas pedal) and it wasn't budging. The carpet is held firmly in place. I ended up pulling the cable through with a lot of force and the carpet didn't even try to pull out.

To do the job right, I believe the dash has to at a minimum, raise up to relive pressure on the carpet.

That was my experience in my car. YMMV.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:53 AM   #14
SummitWhite11

Quote:
On my 2010, the frame of the center part of the lower dash sits on top of the carpet. The area that the front of the console goes into.

I needed to pull this area out to reroute my battery cable (runs left side top of the tunnel towards the gas pedal) and it wasn't budging. The carpet is held firmly in place. I ended up pulling the cable through with a lot of force and the carpet didn't even try to pull out.

To do the job right, I believe the dash has to at a minimum, raise up to relive pressure on the carpet.

That was my experience in my car. YMMV.

Wow! I believe you. Anything regarding having to have the dash pulled makes me nervous because if someone can't do it.. it's going to be serious $$ to have it done at a shop especially the dealer.