Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Lowering Springs Groaning/Moaning?

I installed my pfadt 1.25" lowering springs and have now have a considerable "groaning" or "moaning"/creaking noise when i hit even the slightest bumps and during left hand turns.

It is coming from what I think is rear passenger spring..

Is this normal? Were they installed wrong? Any quick fix? Or will they just settle in and work themselves out over time?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214262

Check this out
Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post

Thanks!!

I will give this a shot. So just remove the top isolator and leave the bottom one?

Is this same for rears too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 05-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I have a set but have yet to install it . Maybe apex can help out
Old 05-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
TwentyTen2SSRS

I removed the Isolators as that thread suggested. Still there in the rear... The post talked only about the front so not sure what todo

Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
I removed the Isolators as that thread suggested. Still there in the rear... The post talked only about the front so not sure what todo
Don't remove them, just move them. They are saying to reposition them. If you see a spot where the springs appear to be contacting each other and rubbing the finish off you want to make sure to protect that spot.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
TwentyTen2SSRS

Well I thought it said to remove if it came with two Isolators (one top and one bottom) it said to remove the top one or reposition of only had one to begin with... I thought?

Old 05-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
If you've got aftermarket sways and/or poly sway bushings, make sure they're plenty lubricated. A change in position (from lowering) can cause a "dry spot" on that bushing and it will make PLENTY of noise.

Just a thought.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
If you've got aftermarket sways and/or poly sway bushings, make sure they're plenty lubricated. A change in position (from lowering) can cause a "dry spot" on that bushing and it will make PLENTY of noise.

Just a thought.
Thanks for the tip!

Everything is stock except the Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs -