Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Canadians shut out of Oct. pre-order?

I was talking with my dealer last night and was told the Oct. 13th date for pre-order is only in the US and is still set for Dec. in Canada. This bummed me out, getting pumped for the last week. Any other Canuks being told the same info? Any Canadian GM execs on this site? :(
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
BLACK67

Hmm.. No Canadian comment?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
sorry my northern brothers, but think of it this way, at least your closer to the factory
Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Yeah just hijack a truck when it leaves the plant haha jk that might be my camaro on that truck. But that sucks idk why that would be my dealer still says he has no idea about the 13th and he pulled out a paper and said as far as i know its in feb. so maybe that dealer just said it must be for in the U.S. only or something
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow, that sucks, i swear we always get jipped somehow lol, im going to have to go back to the dealer today maybe, did they have their next idl yet?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
TJ91

Black67, where and which dealer did you got to?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

No i believe that is on the 10th only 8 days away then 11 to order im stoked.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
TJ91

I soo hope that it is the same for us, ill go to the dealer on the 10th,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

If not have him call into a dealer in lets say Buffalo and get you one orderd there and ship it up to you or if all else fails you drive it back it cant be that far from Toronto to Buffalo and back. What is it like 2 hours one way?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
I was talking with my dealer last night and was told the Oct. 13th date for pre-order is only in the US and is still set for Dec. in Canada. This bummed me out, getting pumped for the last week. Any other Canuks being told the same info? Any Canadian GM execs on this site? :(
Greetings friend!

The word I received was that there was 2 main reasons why us Canadians were being left out of the Oct 13 / 15th order date and they are as follows:

1> Our climate .. if it's anything like last year, when the first Camaros start to roll of the assembly line on Feb 16th, they figure we will still be under 5 - 10 inches of snow making this car pretty much useless for our roads.
2> The rush of orders expected to be received .. GM figures there will be a very large amount of orders being placed at first so to give the factory enough time to produce each car without people waiting perhaps, 6 months I'm guessing they feel this will make everyone more happy in the end.

Personally, I don't care if I have the first or the last camaro that rolls off the lot... I just want to make sure that 1st, I've had a chance to test drive both a V6 and a V8 and also that I finally get to see in person what the ( hell ) the Aqua Blue really looks like on this car. No actual photos as yet.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
BLACK67

Richardson Chev in Milton is the dealer. They said the area Chev rep would be in next week so they can nail it down better. I have been bugging them since July and I think they are getting tired of me knowing more than them. lol
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
[QUOTE=RetroDude;144987]Greetings friend!

The word I received was that there was 2 main reasons why us Canadians were being left out of the Oct 13 / 15th order date and they are as follows:

1> Our climate .. if it's anything like last year, when the first Camaros start to roll of the assembly line on Feb 16th, they figure we will still be under 5 - 10 inches of snow making this car pretty much useless for our roads.
QUOTE]

I cant believe they are using that as an excuse to prevent us from ordering in October

My camaro will be driven all year long even in the dead of winter and in the mega snow storm, just like i have driven my Firebird all year round for the past 10 years without any problem whatsoever.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I won't be getting one right away but still I don't like it, but its not unexpected. Canadians always get hosed when it comes to cars. Odds are the SS will be about 35000 up here.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote