Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
My picture diary from the 2010 F-body gathering in Atlanta... (plenty of pics)

I attended this year's 2010 F-Body gathering in Atlanta which was a very fun event that I will remember for a long time. I'm not use to taking overnite road trips with my Bumblebee but that's going to change. my first road trip was of course to Camaro5fest. then I was invited to hang with my central FL Camaro buddies on the road trip to Atlanta.

we got there and we were immediately welcomed by some of the best people I've had the pleasure to meet. they go by the name of the High Octane Club which had to be the most comfortable place at the entire event. these people had it going on with almost every creature comfort known to man. from the portable satellite dish to the big screen TV to the almost round the clock food and drink buffet. these guys made this trip worth attending even though the daily amounts of heavy rains that tried to dampen the event. thankfully the High Octane Club made the ridiculous amounts of rain more than tolerable.

Here's a few shots of us in the High Octane camp. first shot is of course me. then followed by some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to spend four days with.

the featured movie of the opening evening? Transformers 2 of course. these guys have good tastes. lol

the portable satellite dish that provided almost round the clock entertainment for four days.

some current and some new friends I met along the way.

my Bumblebee getting judged.

this car belongs to my friend Lisa. I think her car was cleaner than mine and that says a lot. she drove the car over 400 miles and didn't even have a chance to officially wash it. she cleaned the car right then and there with all her car cleaning goodies she brought along.

here's a shot of the central FL group that I came with. another member had his car parked on the opposite side of us. the parking lot didn't have too many cars on the first day. of course that started to change by the following day.

day one:

as time moved on. here's a another good shot of the High Octane Club aka The Rev Zone. the rules were simple. you had to rev up your engine every time you passed that point. it was the best!

the GM collection. the second car had an LS7. that thing was sweet! also note the Dale Jr car (fourth from the left) which was very nice.

some LS7 goodness.

and last but not least, one of the nicest cars I saw at the event. Smokey and The Bandit is one of my favorite movies of all time. I would love to have a car just like this one. it was perfect.

**** in closing I will say this. I was happy I came to this event even though the rained flat outright sucked. it rained every day with only a small break Saturday afternoon. thank God we were spared long enough from the soaking(s) so the judges could do their jobs.

I have to say that the trip probably would have sucked bigtime if it weren't for the High Octane Club and their generous givings throughout the entire event. I cannot express enough how thankful I was to have the pleasure of meeting and being accepted with open arms by their group. I'm already looking forward to next year's event knowing they will continue to carry on their f-body gathering tradition.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Awesome pics, I love that Trans Am
Old 05-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very nice.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
very cool, we had a great time there
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
I dig that your chair is painted rally yellow. Ironically enough my wife and I run a wheelchair shop.. and my camaro is ralley yellow as well. Anyway happy memorial day from Wyoming.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
waltwhitman

Drives: 2002 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post

**** in closing I will say this. I was happy I came to this event even though the rained flat outright sucked. it rained every day with only a small break Saturday afternoon. thank God we were spared long enough from the soaking(s) so the judges could do their jobs.
waltwhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Great pics!! Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the rain.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Very nice cars!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote