Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #29
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I don't think you people realize that Chevrolet already DOES have a touchscreen infotainment system. It's nowhere near as sophisticated as CUE, but Chevy MyLink gets the job done in the Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Volt, Malibu, and Equinox.

Will it go into the 5th gen? Probably not. 6th gen? Definite possibility.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
I love Cadillacs, had a 03 CTS and almost pulled the trigger on a 09 CTS.

May have to look into one of these.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
So...I admit I haven't followed CUE like I'd like to....little time...

Is Chevy myLink coming out in the '13 Malibu not a rebranded version of the software?
Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #32
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
So...I admit I haven't followed CUE like I'd like to....little time...

Is Chevy myLink coming out in the '13 Malibu not a rebranded version of the software?
CUE is much more sophisticated and advanced than MyLink. Chevy MyLink and Buick/GMC IntelliLink are more or less the same thing.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
CUE is much more sophisticated and advanced than MyLink. Chevy MyLink and Buick/GMC IntelliLink are more or less the same thing.
Gotcha.

Can you give me the cliff-notes on why it's more sophisticated? More features? Ease-of-use? Vehicle integration?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Gotcha.

Can you give me the cliff-notes on why it's more sophisticated? More features? Ease-of-use? Vehicle integration?
Proximity sensors, multi-touch gestures, haptic feedback. Plus the reconfigurable instrument cluster/center stack display.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #35
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can only hope and pray that chevy would put something like this in the camaro. No idea why there is no factory upgraded entertainment/gps type of system available for the camaro.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #36
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Wow! That is way cool. But if we ever get it...............I hope it comes with a tutorial for us over-the-hill generation folks. LOL
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Proximity sensors, multi-touch gestures, haptic feedback. Plus the reconfigurable instrument cluster/center stack display.
so, same stuff most android phones have... I like the CUE system, it looks really nice, way better than the MyLink (just based on the icons) I'm glad the MyLink system will be coming out on more future models... I know its not available in most of the lineup today though. The demo video made the CUE system look nice. I personally don't care if the "premium" features make it in all models, I just don't want anything forced upon consumers like OnStar for navigation when other options are available. They should also add the same ease of use features like voice controlled climate controls and making Internet apps like Pandora available for lower end models.

There was a time when carpet was offered as an option in cars, now you wouldn't think of selling a car without such a "basic" feature. Soon people will demand the basic option of MyLink/Sync systems and I just would hate to see GM caught with its pants down because they're trying to milk what will soon be antiquated technology, like OnStar navigation...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #38
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
There was a time when carpet was offered as an option in cars, now you wouldn't think of selling a car without such a "basic" feature. Soon people will demand the basic option of MyLink/Sync systems and I just would hate to see GM caught with its pants down because they're trying to milk what will soon be antiquated technology, like OnStar navigation...
Couldn't agree more. Personally I think we should of had full LCD gauges standard 10 years ago. To me onstar is technology for people who are afraid of technology or too old to relearn it. Sort of like those cellphones made for senior citizens with the really big buttons and can only make calls and look like cordless house phones. There is absolutely no reason I should need to call a human to get nav directions manually sent to my car.

I hope Chevy is listening, because by the time the gen 6 comes out, I don't think I could bare buying another car from anyone that didn't have a decent system inside. Good looks and HP isn't enough. I need good technology also. Tech that I can actually use.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #39
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
so, same stuff most android phones have... I like the CUE system, it looks really nice, way better than the MyLink (just based on the icons) I'm glad the MyLink system will be coming out on more future models... I know its not available in most of the lineup today though. The demo video made the CUE system look nice. I personally don't care if the "premium" features make it in all models, I just don't want anything forced upon consumers like OnStar for navigation when other options are available. They should also add the same ease of use features like voice controlled climate controls and making Internet apps like Pandora available for lower end models.

MyLink is has pretty much the worst looking UI out of any OEM Navigation/Infotainment System.

It looks like it's aftermarket and if GM doesn't fix this then they might as well not even release it at all, it's also not very intuitive, drop down menus shouldn't be an option IMHO just because it's more distracting....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #40
av9022

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Couldn't agree more. Personally I think we should of had full LCD gauges standard 10 years ago. To me onstar is technology for people who are afraid of technology or too old to relearn it. Sort of like those cellphones made for senior citizens with the really big buttons and can only make calls and look like cordless house phones. There is absolutely no reason I should need to call a human to get nav directions manually sent to my car.

I hope Chevy is listening, because by the time the gen 6 comes out, I don't think I could bare buying another car from anyone that didn't have a decent system inside. Good looks and HP isn't enough. I need good technology also. Tech that I can actually use.

I couldn't agree with you more on this subject. I think it's terrible that where in 2012 and starting to really see small inprovements with technology when it comes to interior for Chevrolet. I give it to chevy when it comes to looks and hp on the outside but, as in interior man i hope chevy do something innovative for the interior technology.
av9022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #41
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
So I have to admit, I finally just watched the video on the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) and wow -- that's amazing... if it's not in one of the future camaros, I'm retrofitting.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote