Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #15
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS2010 View Post
Well so much for trying to help the guy out of a jam.. LOL
I think what he offered was very fair
Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroshark View Post
I think what he offered was very fair
What Gen5DIY offered you mean?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
nevrenz

Drives: 2011 RED Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That's essentially what Gen5DIY is offering to do - they're even offering to include a return shipping label so the OP can send the old one back.

But it seems that the OP doesn't seem to want to do that.
No they want to charge me the full amount up front to send me a harness and return label. I dont have the money right now to buy another harness at this moment. Im just going to send this one back next week after i get my truck back on the road this weekend.

I understand GEN5DIY position and im not arguing it. My question was if anyone else had issues with Quality Assurance with them since this is the second harness that was sent to me that is bad. LACK of quality. Its wires not complex electronics or anything. The wires were put in the terminals barely crimped. WHO DOES THAT??
Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
nevrenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Same reason no other company sends parts out on good faith.
Im in the IT/electronics business and all Hard drive/motherboard/PC manufactuers that warrenty their parts for my business always send me the part first with a return label. With that said i do have to send it back within 14 days or they will charge my card.. Matter for fact most of the vendors i buy parts for does this.

So some companys do send it out first.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrenz View Post
No they want to charge me the full amount up front to send me a harness and return label. I dont have the money right now to buy another harness at this moment. Im just going to send this one back next week after i get my truck back on the road this weekend.

I understand GEN5DIY position and im not arguing it. My question was if anyone else had issues with Quality Assurance with them since this is the second harness that was sent to me that is bad. LACK of quality. Its wires not complex electronics or anything. The wires were put in the terminals barely crimped. WHO DOES THAT??
I only been here for about 2 years now. This is the first time that I have heard of any thing going bad that GEN5DIY has sold. I bought a DRL harness from another company and it failed 4 months later. I bought one from GEN5DIY. It fit better and has been ok for 8 months now.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
nevrenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I only been here for about 2 years now. This is the first time that I have heard of any thing going bad that GEN5DIY has sold. I bought a DRL harness from another company and it failed 4 months later. I bought one from GEN5DIY. It fit better and has been ok for 8 months now.

Thats great! thats kind of the reason i buy from them. I seen good things with them and i love their products. Only disapointed on both harnesses i received. I want to get the Frameless mirror harness and AMBL light harness but im a little nervous after these two bad harnesses i got. It is what is is. Ill get this RS-non RS harness fixed or replaced and move forward. Hopefully they will take this and do a better job at making sure the pins/wires are seated and crimpped properly and that the wires are not reversed like how it was on the gauge back harness.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Everything I bought from Gen5DIY has worked great, my only problem was that the packaging and my halo and drl harness was full of dog hair... and I'm allergic to cats and dogs (but mostly only dog saliva). I let him know and the next package he sent me was free of any dog hair so they do listen to their customers and they'll make it right.

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevrenz View Post

Did you tell Jerad that? If you did i did hear it, before you do anything call us up and talk to me will work something out so you want be down a day.

Hope you get that we sent a lot of parts out in the past and did not get the bad parts back, Ask for me Ofer.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #23
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
No issues here at all

I ordered a full ZL1 front end conversion with harnesses for my SS. I carefully inspected every single component before they were installed and they were really well put together. I've had that for a few months now and have had zero issues.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences but i think it's just a fluke, man
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
sorry OP for this hassle. i have sold many of Ofer's harnesses, No problems to date.

lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
He called and where all set, new harness going out in a day.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #26
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
sorry OP for this hassle. i have sold many of Ofer's harnesses, No problems to date.

lupe
Ditto here.

Shocked to see this here to be honest. Ofer has really been a godsend to our community and customers.

I'm glad y'all got it worked out and if it were to matter, he's still one of the best out there for any customer to deal with.

Lupe is alright too. Lotta love for the folks "doing it right."

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Ofer is a stand up guy. Been a customer of his since I bought my Camaro. He has always stood behind his products. Glad to hear it's all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Old 11-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #28
nevrenz

I got a USPS notification that the label was generated on 11.15.13. Thanks Ofer! Fingers crossed on this set. I will ship the bad harness back to you as soon as this one arrives. Ofer has been great to deal with. Thanks again.

Last edited by nevrenz; 11-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.
nevrenz is offline   Reply With Quote