Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
vwa3guy
Ryan

Drives: 1LT RS
Thumbs down Anyone with V6 engine troubles?

I had been feeling a slight loss in power about a week ago and then a few days ago this really strange ticking, spinning, not sure how to describe it sound started....... I dropped the car off for an oil change and told them about the engine noise. Mind you, the car has 5500 miles on it total, and at 2400 miles, the clutch failed and GM replaced my clutch AND tranny.... all covered under warranty....

Now I'm being told that they can not find the source of the noise and that GM has advised the dealership to pull the engine and tear it down to find the source of the problem. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

THE CAR HAS A TOTAL OF 5500 MILES ON IT!!!! Here goes another month without my car I bought not even 6 months ago....

is there anyone else out there with any similar happenings?
vwa3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
ELDuran

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro (Rally Yellow)
Lemon Car?

ELDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
vwa3guy
Ryan

I wish but I think it has to be 3 or 4 repairs on the same item and/or 30 days in the shop for 1 item if I remember correctly....... I just want my car!!! :(
Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
As much as it sucks, it does sound like GM is stepping up to the plate to get it fixed. The dealership/GM could have sent you down the road and waited for the problem to really show itself...Then you would have a real reason to be PO'd!!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Sorry to hear that you are havings troubles with your car. It seems both GM and the dealership are trying to do the right thing. I would give them a chance. If all fails, take it to the next step at that point. Hope everything works out.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
vwa3guy
Ryan

There is no question about the quality of service from GM and especially the dealership. When the clutch failed the dealership bent over backwards to help me out and I have no doubt that they will resolve this issue as soon as humanly possible. They even pulled their corvette guy in on the clutch so I felt really good about that. I just wish it didn't happen at all! It's not like this is my first car, I've been treating this car so well and yeah maybe driving it a little hard once in a while but I've had 2 VWs I really beat on daily and a 350z that really took a lot of abuse and the most I had go wrong with them was a serpentine belt on the Z. I refuse to believe that in less than 6000miles I could have had anything to do with this car............
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
You could trade it on a different one?

At least your dealer is stepping up. They should be giving you a nice loaner to drive though. maybe another LT?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Read through your Warranty, make sure you are getting everything of which you are entitled.

Like many other posters on this thread, certainly looks like everyone is stepping up to get the car fixed properly. I believe you are entitled to some transportation under your warranty coverage.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
vwa3guy
Ryan

They have an Enterprise at the dealership so they did set me up with a GM vehicle...... comparable vehicle..... not a chance. My rental was either a big ass work truck or a G5 sedan, I went with the sedan because i knew my car was going to be in the shop a few weeks and gas in that truck would be astronomical. Now with the forcast seeing 12-18" of snow this week..... I might go for the truck. haha
Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
venice17517

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Who is your dealer, what is there name?
venice17517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
McBain
The Normandy

Drives: Black 2LT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwa3guy View Post
I had been feeling a slight loss in power about a week ago and then a few days ago this really strange ticking, spinning, not sure how to describe it sound started....... I dropped the car off for an oil change and told them about the engine noise. Mind you, the car has 5500 miles on it total, and at 2400 miles, the clutch failed and GM replaced my clutch AND tranny.... all covered under warranty....

Now I'm being told that they can not find the source of the noise and that GM has advised the dealership to pull the engine and tear it down to find the source of the problem. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

THE CAR HAS A TOTAL OF 5500 MILES ON IT!!!! Here goes another month without my car I bought not even 6 months ago....

When I bought an S-10 back in '97 the same thing happened right around 5000 miles. I took it in. They said nothing was wrong. At 8000 miles I took it back, they said nothing was wrong. At 12000 miles I took it back, they came to the conclusion that the pistions had been machined poorly. They broke down the engine and replaced all the pistons. This did not fix the probelm. At 16000 miles they decided that the work was done incorrectly on the new pistons and AGAIN replaced them all !!! Finally, at 24000 miles, they decided, hey, its time to replace the engine, and gave me a new engine.

2 weeks later I was broadsided by a taxi and rolled 7 times totalling the car.

Moral to the story is, get them to fix it RIGHT, now. Don't let them give you the run around. Don't let them "break" it down. It sounds like you have already had other problems and they should consider this a costomer service issue. Making money off the deal (unless you financed through them) is going to be at a minimum for the dealership at this point or very soon going forward. If you have a bad experience now, you may never buy another GM product. I know that until this car, I never even considered it. My Prerunner has had zero issues in the 12 years I've had it asude from standard maitenence. It still gives me chills when I hear stories like yours, like reliving a nightmare.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
They have an Enterprise at the dealership so they did set me up with a GM vehicle...... comparable vehicle..... not a chance. My rental was either a big ass work truck or a G5 sedan, I went with the sedan because i knew my car was going to be in the shop a few weeks and gas in that truck would be astronomical. Now with the forcast seeing 12-18" of snow this week..... I might go for the truck. haha
Sorry to hear of the trouble with your car. I drive my car hard and no problems, knock on wood.

Now, where did you see this 12-18" of snow for us this week? I've had it with the stuff.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:

Chill. While it's not fun, lemons do happen and it sounds like GM is stepping up to the plate to deal with your problem. Unless you like the noise and loss of power, of course. If GM had decided "nothing is wrong", you'd have a valid complaint. However, they're doing all they can to fix it and... what.

???

You don't like their willingness to find the problem? ??? I *wish* all car companies were like the GM of today, and willing to do this. The law of averages landed on you, :(, and they're doing what they can. Let them do it.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
santi1987

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to santi1987
so far i'm good i need brakes for driving it hard.