Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #29
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Welcome and nice choice.

I too, was going back and forth between the mustang GT and the Camaro and picked the GM over the Ford. Been on here reading like crazy and it helped with my decision.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #30
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Welcome to the permagrin nation! Sorry your Mustang got flooded, that's a bummer, but glad you joined us! The cool thing is that permagrin never fades. It does get painful at times though as the mod bug hits (both to your wallet & your jaws!). See ya around the forum. (PS if you really want to have fun, .................see ya at the Camaro5 Fest!)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #31
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Welcome friendo!

Lets see some more pictures of that beautiful Camaro!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
Hey guys, I joined the forum recently since I got the Camaro. I've read through many of the threads that ended up helping me make my decision, and many of the members here are knowledgeable and helpful. Not to mention these are some of the funniest comments I have seen in awhile , I definitely like this forum better than the Mustang forum I was on before.

Onto the story...

I got a V6 Automatic 2012 Kona Blue Ford Mustang a year ago as a present for Graduation last year. I'm pretty laid back and Kona Blue was the perfect color for me. It was exactly what I wanted, it had all the neat add-on's that Ford offers and everything. Club of America package, baseball stitching, leather seating, navigation, bluetooth, glass roof, all the goods. I'd like to have a V8 but it's costly for gas and I don't think I need that much power right now since this car was my DD.

When Hurricane Sandy hit, my family and I had no expectation of the hurricane being as bad as it was. It flooded our cars, which meant the Mustang was no more. It was a huge bummer for me because I babied that car for a year and took care of it really well. Luckily, the insurance covered the car so I could afford to get another one. Enter the Camaro...

The time came to decide what car I wanted to get, and the same two names that came up last year came up again this year; Mustang/Camaro. While I had the Mustang, I still over a Camaro every time I saw one . I guess it was a sign I wanted to switch over, even though my pro's and con's list of both cars showed that the Mustang was the better car for me. I gave in, and got a Camaro of similar level to my Mustang. 2LT, navigation, baseball stitching steering wheel, Inferno Orange leather Interior, sunroof, etc.

I've had the Camaro for a week now and I'm already much happier than I was with the Mustang. That doesn't change the fact that I still love my Mustang (yes, it is possible to like both of them ). Glad I made this choice and i'm looking forward to owning this one for more than a year!

I'd love to add more, like what I prefer in the Camaro over the Mustang, etc., but I think I've said enough for one post haha! Thanks for all the helpful information members have provided on here.

Cool...I like my Camaro a lot...but not ashamed to say my next car may still be a Boss 302. Just waiting to see what the next Gen mustang and camaro looks like.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C View Post
I just hope this doesn't become anything more than a small hobby haha.
You're a funny guy
Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #34
Chris C
End Of Line.

Drives: 2013 2LT IOM V6
Thanks again everyone! I'm very grateful to have owned a Mustang and now a Camaro, I can't express it enough. And boy does this car ride smoother than the Mustang! It feels more like a luxury car, compared to my 2012 Mustang which I thought felt cheaper. The 2013 V8 Mustang that I tried felt more like my Camaro.

Wow, it's crazy to see how much more appreciative people are on here compared to the Mustang forum (can't even remember the last time I went on there to be honest). And getting a congrats from Chevy customer service on here and on Facebook is pretty awesome .

There should be some sun out tomorrow so I'll take some more pics and post them up later in the evening. I also plan on doing some customizing to the car ("Tron-ing" it out as I'd like to call it haha, the color choices of both of my cars were somewhat based on Tron themes). So when I get around to doing that stuff I'll update the thread.

Here's what the Camaro was loosely based off of (I know, the Camaro isn't predominantly black with orange accents, but it's still got the same vibe going...right? )

Rinzler:

Last edited by Chris C; 12-20-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #35
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
Nice choice... I like the blue on the stang
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #36
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Turned poo to gold. Nice
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #37
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
I'e seen a members car on here with a really good Tron theme to it. You should search it b/c it's wayy farther than I would have gone. looks pretty cool.

I'm not a fan of orange but that pic you have of your car is gorgeous!

I'd like to hear more on your opinion on why you like the camaro over the mustang. I work with 4 ppl that drive mustangs and 0 with camaros.. I'm over run! :0
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #38
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Hell if my funds were unlimited I'd have one of everything.

My brother has a 2012 GT in Grabber Blue. LOVE that color.

Welcome to your new obsession!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Hell if my funds were unlimited I'd have one of everything.

My brother has a 2012 GT in Grabber Blue. LOVE that color.

Welcome to your new obsession!
If my funds were unlimited I would forget the Camaro or Mustang and I would buy a 63 Corvette Split window Coupe.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #40
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
Congrads on the new ride. I am sorry to hear about the house and car. I have many family and friends that are back home in NY/NJ. I grew up on Staten Island
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #41
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
That was a sharp looking Mustang. Camaro looks awesome too. 300+ hp and RWD, how could you go wrong with either one. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy your 5th gen.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #42
Chris C
End Of Line.

Drives: 2013 2LT IOM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo818 View Post
Nice choice... I like the blue on the stang
Thanks Maldo818, it was the only color I really liked on the Mustang. It was sleek and casual but also sharp and thrilling at the same time. It's not even a exterior option on the 2013 Mustang which is crazy, Kona Blue looks amazing on the Mustang. The new Deep Impact Blue is too strong of a blue to me, the mellowness of Kona Blue was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
I'e seen a members car on here with a really good Tron theme to it. You should search it b/c it's wayy farther than I would have gone. looks pretty cool.

I'm not a fan of orange but that pic you have of your car is gorgeous!

I'd like to hear more on your opinion on why you like the camaro over the mustang. I work with 4 ppl that drive mustangs and 0 with camaros.. I'm over run! :0
I'd love to see more Tron based Camaro's, I've only seen this one which I don't like too much (https://www.facebook.com/TeamTurboLegacy). I could only find one Tron based Camaro on here (white exterior with blue lighting), is that the one you were referring to?

The IOM is a funny color. If you catch it at the right angle and with a good amount of light, the finish really shines. I'm not that big of a orange fan either, but the Camaro does it really well for some reason!

The Camaro seems like it's built to a higher standard. I haven't had it long enough to see it's downsides, but I love what it's doing for me right now and it's a lot of fun to drive.

The interior for the most part feels very sturdy and of higher quality than the Mustang (weird since I've read a lot of reviews of people calling Camaro's interiors "cheap"). I do think those plastic orange panels with the ambient side lights could be made a bit better, but they look great and shouldn't see any damage.

I also love how smooth the Camaro rides on the road, it's less bumpy and less fidgety than the Mustang (maybe it has to do with being lower to the ground and it's mass compared to the Mustang).

One of my biggest positives from the Camaro is the comfort provided from the seats. My god have these seats saved my back , the Mustang always left me with an ache in my back after an hour or so of driving. This was one issue that I was hoping would go away after getting the Camaro, and I'm happy that it did!

I haven't really been able to push the Camaro yet, but I've noticed that it accelerates a lot smoother compared to the Mustang that had a lot more kick to it when I picked up speed. I do prefer the handling, steering, and steering wheel in the Mustang though, it felt more natural/practical compared to the Camaro...maybe I just need to get used to it? But the Camaro isn't bad by any means, just my preference so far.

I did a pros and cons list for each car last year when I decided on the Mustang, and last month when I decided on the Camaro. Both times the Mustang showed to be a better car for me, yet I am sitting in a Camaro now and I'm as happy as I could ever be . When I get into the Camaro, I feel it's built more like a machine ready for war, while the Mustang was more clean cut, simple, and agile but had just as much power as the Camaro. Apples and oranges really. One thing I do miss about the Mustang is their blind spot mirrors. One less thing to worry about when using those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal329 View Post
Congrads on the new ride. I am sorry to hear about the house and car. I have many family and friends that are back home in NY/NJ. I grew up on Staten Island
Thanks Sal329. The hurricane was the most devastating thing I ever witnessed, one of the biggest NY/NJ tragedies for sure. I know Staten Island got hit really bad too, but there's been a lot of volunteer work out here and people are getting back on their feet now. At least everyone will be more prepared if another hurricane comes next time.

Last edited by Chris C; 12-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote