Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #169
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
would have been nice to see that rear end black like the ls7 concept..

anyway if it's the poor's man zl1 as the new z/28; i'm in ! i really like it. the black hood does it for me.
Yes! I said the same thing about the rear in the Z28 threads.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #170
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
I'm still hoping at some point a version of this gets the green light so I can add the quad exhaust to my SS. I don't know why I like it.
Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #171
Zebracakes4you

Drives: 2SS Black W/Cyber Gray stripes
Does anyone know where I can buy those pedals?
Zebracakes4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #172
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:

anyway if it's the poor's man zl1 as the new z/28; i'm in ! i really like it. the black hood does it for me.
I guess if I got this, I'd have to change my name to PoorMansZL1.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #173
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Dump the magnetic ride control and the bigger brakes. Neither are needed.

Bump the output about 25 rwhp, Make sure there is no bushing side deflection, no wheel hop, and no understeer.

Sell it for $40,000, make the back set optional, put in real cloth sport seats, and slap on a Z28 badge. I will be first in line.

This would be a car in the true spirit of the original Z28.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #174
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Quote:

I like the thought of the LS7 and the direction of the idea. The Z/28 should never be considered a poor mans ZL1! To me the Z/28 needs to have track prowess. The lineage and heritage is already in place. Quite honestly it is sacralidge to call this the Z/28.

Here is my question. So people with a SS think that MRC, bigger brembos, eps, big sticky tires and some lighter wheels, and a new exhaust is going to be a direct comparison to the Boss?

I don't want to be a naysayer but this will not trump the Boss in this configuration. For some odd reason I want GM to decimated all direct competition. For now we know the GT has the SS beat not by a huge margin but big enough to know stock to stock the GT will win more than it will lose. Now if they made the SS at the same weight of the GT the 5.0 would mean a lot less than it does now.

We have seen this done by GM on the corvette with the Z06 it is the biggest bang for the buck in its segment. You don't hear many people saying make me a vette that performs like a f430 for 60k. But when it comes to the Camaro everyone wants a car that will stomp a mud hole in the Boss for 40k. And how I see it is that you have to pay the cost to be the boss... No pun intended

This whole concept of the Z/28 appealing to the masses is skewed. The Z/28 has always represented a tamed down version of the true race cars from the SCCA Trans Am series. In the first gens the Z/28 was not sold in masses with 1969 being the big production year with 20k units produced that's why they are highly collectible now. It seems like most here are into appearance more than raw performance. Which personally I think the Camaro has the muscle car segment wrapped up when it comes to looks.

For me the Z/28 should not only stomp a mud hole in cars like the Boss, but shoot for cars like the BMW M3 and Porsche Cayman. Why should we settle for anything less from GM? With a car on par with this sort of company it can drive the premium that will be slightly more than the Boss LS. Making it have that sort of appeal will make reviewers from the press give Chevrolet a huge boost in free promotion. Kinda like the 5th gen when it first hit the scene it had reviewers in awe because it out performed all close direct competition (Mustang and Challenger). Just imagine if it had the bragging rights of knocking the fabled M3 off its pedestal. Like the Z06 & Cts-V has done in recent memory shooting for cars far more expensive and knocking them out in the first round.
Just as I expect the ZL1 to dominate the Gt500 and cars like the Clk63 BS....
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #175
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Love it.

Hopefully more colors though, I would love to see that in . ABM!

Or IBM with just hash marks and not the flat black hood.

That would be a show stopper though in ABM with all else as is in the pics.
Iam with you Russell......the flat black would have to go.....had a car once with a hood that color....it was more of a PITA then its worth, and wouldn't have another car painted like that.....EVER.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #176
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Iam with you Russell......the flat black would have to go.....had a car once with a hood that color....it was more of a PITA then its worth, and wouldn't have another car painted like that.....EVER.
Im sure it will have a clearcoat.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #177
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Dump the magnetic ride control and the bigger brakes. Neither are needed.

Bump the output about 25 rwhp, Make sure there is no bushing side deflection, no wheel hop, and no understeer.

Sell it for $40,000, make the back set optional, put in real cloth sport seats, and slap on a Z28 badge. I will be first in line.

This would be a car in the true spirit of the original Z28.
I agree regarding the MR. However keep the brakes. Yes they are warranted for the track and they are lighter than the 1 piece SS brakes. Also 25HP isnt enough 75 will work just fine.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 10-30-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #178
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
You officially have lost your mind.
Well, he didn't lose it , he just miss placed it , for now !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #179
webslinger408

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss rs m6
I like the idea of magnetic ride suspension & brakes which i figure will be standard for the 6th gen!!! I really wanted to hear about added Horse Power not just minor changes or cosmetic changes.. add more power then ill line up to trade or add. just my 2cents???
webslinger408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #180
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I figure if the SS can start at 31k with no options, starting this model at 40k with no options makes sense as well. I think that would definitely cover the cost of magnetic ride, exhaust and exterior upgrades... Sure you can buy a SS coupe for 50k if you buy a fully loaded one, but you can also buy a fully loaded LT for 40k (or 10k more than the base SS).... So I don't think 40k is out of line for a mid-range model.

The supercharger for the ZL1 really is worth 5k installed add to that the cost of the LSA, you're still easily selling a car with 6k more of an engine with the supercharger. Add to that the other traction control stuff, unique forged wheels etc, you've added another 4k in cost. Add to that profit margins for being the top dog, the car could easily be priced 12k more so unless they're going to price the ZL1 for 56k with no options (assuming they price the 1LE at 45k+), they're going to out price the current Ford GT500 by 7k... that's not good for business. Add to that the fact that it only will have 580 horses which is 30 more than the current GT500 and a heavier body (most likely) 6k doesn't really seem justified, even with magnetic ride... The ZL1 will be priced 3k more than the current GT500 at most.

Take that full circle, you really can't charge much more than 40-42k starting for the 1LE considering that it has none of the engine upgrades of the ZL1. But also consider the fact that the Boss 302 is priced at 40k and my argument appears to make even more sense as this car would be its direct competitor.
By your own statement , MAGNETIC RIDE , EXAUST AND SOME EXTERIOR options for 9K , NWJ =No Way Jose
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #181
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
"Chevrolet Accessory pedal kit"

I need a part number. Anyone please.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #182
gospeedgo17
Living the Dream 02/2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Blk/Blk; 2003 Av
After seeing the ZL1, I want to add the strut brace and that 2x2 exhaust pipe setup to my 2011 2SS/RS, and I'll be fine

EXCELLENT JOB, OSHAWA AND ST. CATHERINES! KEEP IT UP!
gospeedgo17 is offline   Reply With Quote