Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #197
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Paging FBodfather to thread full of anxiety and despair.... PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #198
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Where the hell is fbodfather when you need him huh?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #199
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
You know, after some thought I'm not so sure about the turbo 4-banger deal even from a mileage point of view. I dont know about the Ecotec but other turbo, fairly high output 4 bangers dont get the best mileage. Look at the Evo and STI, a stock LS1 M6 gets better mileage. Granted those motors have to power all 4 wheels but even the SRT-Skittles dont get great mileage. Maybe GM has something up their sleeve but this is a head scratcher.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #200
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Where the hell is fbodfather when you need him huh?
I'm am quite sure this is a very busy time for him. The Camaro is almost here, the autoshow season hasn't wrapped up yet, and of course there is always routine day-to-day job stuff that can pile up every now and then. If you had all of that and then some guy high up in your business said something that could potentially really piss off/scare the crap out of your product's rabid fans, would YOU want to show up here? I hope he's enjoying a nice drink right now thinking of anything but the Camaro. If anyone has earned a break, it is him.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #201
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
guess what guys... the cobaltss.net is eating this shit up they're laughing at us
Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #202
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
guess what guys... the cobaltss.net is eating this shit up they're laughing at us
And I couldn't give a sh!t less.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #203
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
Paging FBodfather to thread full of anxiety and despair.... PLEASE HELP!!!
I am sure he knows, someone has either PM'd him or he knew on his own what Mr Lutz said. And if there is anyone who should be upset about a 4 banger ruining the name of the Camaro it would be him.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #204
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Hey guys. I'm gonna post what I got in in an e-mail from my dealer in Dearborn, MI. Wanna see? Got some more details.

Who wants to see?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #205
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
+1

Since when is this a competition between fellow GM owners? I thought it was supposed to be US vs imports and Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger. I don't recall the Cobalt being invited to join the party.

Besides, if they want to put their performance level trim up against ours I don't think you'll find anyone willing to put their money on the Cobalt.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #206
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Who wastes a post asking to post something, quit post whoring and post ur darn link.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #207
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
i'm just sayin i'm not trying to make fun of you guys i LOVE the camaro its just this doesn't seem to fit it right at the very LEAST if your gonna put a 4 banger in it put a NEW one in it not and engine that is already used in 6 diffrent cars
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #208
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
IVE DECIDED if the I-4 comes out i WILL buy it... as all of you know today i did pick up a 427 sump lubed ls7 with z06 ecu and piggy... so if the 4cyl comes out.... ill have the biggest baddest camaro ever MUAHAHAHAHA lol i got it on wood sitting in my g-rageeeee (happiest kid alive) and my 80 vette's lookin pretty

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #209
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I can agree with at least some bits of everything posted so far. I don't really care that an I-4T will get into the car. I think that's cool so it can perhaps appeal to some ricers (as much as I don't really like them) - HEY, more sales is good.

Like many others, the price is what has got my brain in a tizzy. I'm not trying to pay around $35K for a regular V8 and $45K for a S/C model (yeah - NOTHING has been confirmed; I'm just randomly throwing numbers out there for reference.) If I want to pay for "premium", I'll go to BMW. If I want to pay $45K for a high performance car, I'll look closer at the 'Vette. HOWEVER, I'm a Camaro guy down to the ink on my arm. BOWTIE BABY!!! I can understand a little higher price for a better car; no doubt. GM can't afford to mess this up though, with all the hype.

I've been looking forward to this car since I saw the Concept. All I could think was that I was in love for the first time, with a car, at first sight. That wasn't the case with either of my 4th Gens. I can say that for the 5th Gen. though.

I believe, like it's been suggested already, that we should blow-off some steam, and keep everything in perspective. We don't really know anything yet, and there is a lot of speculation right now. We'll all just have to wait for a few more months before jumping off a cliff or shooting ourselves in the face. There are too many people dedicated to this car to let something detrimental happen to it, and let us all down.

I'll try to keep faith, as Father has said

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #210
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Rodimus prime made a very valid point on the cobalt forums, although I don't think the name calling in necessary, his points say it all.

The thing that I dont understand is why these dumb ****ing rednecks are bitching about a 4 cylinder?

Do yourself all a big favor and look up how many years the Camaro was produced and look up how many years out of that time it failed to have an engine with 260HP with any motor size or combination.

Quite frankly from 1975-1993 it failed to have any motor at that power level with any size motor or number of cylinders. Also the LNF powerband wise is as good as or equal to any modern V8 with even 2x the displacement.

The current 4.0 mustang V6 is only 210hp, why is besting them by 50hp such a bad thing?

Get your head out of your ass and start living in the year 2008 instead of 1978

Closed Thread